Social War Room Lounge Thread #321 - welcome to the pussy lounge

A CBP officer and illegal immigrants staring at the solar eclipse today:

1ywgltfnwctc1.jpeg

Notice the handcuffs.
I notice the guy at the end is likely going to have regrets.

Thanks; it was really incredible, sorry you missed out. If you wanna get your travelling shoes on you can probably catch one elsewhere in the world within the next year or two.

But man, even when you know it's coming, the temperature change is really remarkable, especially as it reached totality. It was like the chill of death itself had fallen upon all over us. Then once it was over the heat came roaring back--such as it was, in the low 50's F with a windchill lol. So ok, maybe not roaring back so much as gently returning warmth like a good hug.

And then, because my wife is a genius, we took a route there and back again where we avoided all the traffic and made really good time so we could enjoy it instead of stuck behind a hundred other cars on the highway. Really good mojo all around. I dunno if I've mentioned this before but I seem to have uncannily good fortune when it comes to getting sunny weather when I really need it.

Regardless of the reason, we got really lucky. Around here this time of year there's only about a 30 percent chance of a sunny day, statistically.
Apropos of this, @Cajun, here's how good our luck was yesterday. Today, it was completely overcast and it snowed off and on. Until I had to go out in the late afternoon; then the sun came out for me.

@Andy Capp @Yorick and I remember when we thought it was real. Mid-South for life
My dad used to take me to the WWF shows at MSG in the 80's. Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Jimmy Snuka, the Iron Sheik, etc... I moved out for HS and when I visited and pulled out an old VHS tape I was devastated realizing it was fake all that time. I was just to young to realize it...

We talking wrasslin’ here?
Nah, never believed that shit was real.
Even as a kid I was an insufferable cynic.
Santa Claus, Easter bunny, Wizard of Oz.
I always smelled a rat and looked for the angle.

That’s from growing up in New York.

@Andy Capp @Yorick and I remember when we thought it was real. Mid-South for life
lol What the hell is mid-South?

When I was a kid we had something here called Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling and I thought it was pretty awesome. Then I learned it was all fake and I totally lost interest by the time I was about 12. Ever since, I just don't get the appeal at all. Mind you, I'm sure there are plenty of people who wouldn't get the appeal of stuff I like either. Different strokes, and all that.

That's because you grew up in "sports entertainment" land and not rasslin.

Even in the 70's, I'd imagine most knew it was bullshit deep down inside. Nobody in a fight throws their opponent into the corner, and their opponent just goes with it. The passion doesn't require a suspension of disbelief. These are movie characters you get to throw rolls of quarters at, if they piss you off. The dude in my AV would've received the same treatment in a live setting. People don't have to necessarily believe something is real, to get pissed off at a character in a fantasy setting.

Even in the 70's, I'd imagine most knew it was bullshit deep down inside. Nobody in a fight throws their opponent into the corner, and their opponent just goes with it. The passion doesn't require a suspension of disbelief. These are movie characters you get to throw rolls of quarters at, if they piss you off. The dude in my AV would've received the same treatment in a live setting. People don't have to necessarily believe something is real, to get pissed off at a character in a fantasy setting.
Back then the business was still protected though and kayfabe mattered. Jim Cornette would have to run for his life in 1984 Mid South whereas nowadays Don Callis openly talks about how he doesn't wanna get too much heat even though he's a heel.

<{hughesimpress}>

Back