UK '80s Hits!

Band: The Psychedelic Furs (London)

aHR0cDovL2ltYWdlLmloZWFydC5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL3JvdmkvMTA4MC8wMDAxLzMzMi9NSTAwMDEzMzIwNDguanBn

Album: Forever Now (1982)

IMG_6097.jpg

Band: Haircut 100 (Beckenham, London)

haircut-100.jpg

Album: Pelican West 1982

haircut100-_pelicanwe_101b.jpg

Although I liked some of their songs when I was younger, it wasn't until I was older that I started to really appreciate their arrangements and horn section. There's some good live video's on Youtube that make me wish I could have seen them back in the day. Looks like a lot of fun.

The Stranglers with their curious hit " Golden Brown "

This is a total banger, good choice mate. I remember where I was the first time I heard this, in the back of a Ford Cortina on the way to Blackpool on holiday, 14 maybe, high as fuck as me and our kid had been for a session before we got picked up, Dad what's this? The Stranglers son, good band. It's also tied to so many other memories, different friends, times and girlfriends. Music is brilliant for that, listen to this and as well as loving the tune it takes me to beautiful memories. Want to spam this thread with Stranglers but this will do for now as it's 80's but honourable mentions to Peaches which is awesome, no more heroes, 96 tears.

And I take it you all know Stranglers new stuff is good and the Stuart Pearce video? On the off chance you don't...

Back