UFL President Harrison Rogers hopes to sign fighters to million dollar contracts

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

SHERDOG INTERVIEWS
UFL President Harrison Rogers Hopes to Sign Fighters to Million Dollar Contracts
FacebookTwitterRedditWhatsApp

SHERDOG.COM STAFF AUG 2, 2023 COMMENTS

Keith Shillan speaks with United Fight League President Harrison Rogers about creating a mixed martial arts organization that gives fighters health insurance and other perks not normally associated with promotions.

Rogers also discusses potentially signing free agent Michael Page and other topics in this exclusive interview.
Continue Reading

https://www.sherdog.com/videos/vide...gn-Fighters-to-Million-Dollar-Contracts-20216

WOW for a little promotion on Rumble with Dana White's Slap promotion that is quite the big talk. Who do they even have as fighters?

WOW for a little promotion on Rumble with Dana White's Slap promotion that is quite the big talk. Who do they even have as fighters?
Is this the promotion Rampage was talking about fighting for?lol Maybe they’ll do better than Golden Boy MMA and actually have more than one show.

Not sure... But to offer fighters ( talking about a roster full ) million dollar contracts... you need a billion dollar bank roll...

This sounds like a drunk guy telling his friend about the awesome business idea he's just cooked up...

"Bro... All we have to do is book the arena, and tell the fighters we'll pay them a %... So we'll get the best fighters, and everyone will want to see them so they'll pay in advance, and then we get the venue, and the fighters on the day, and all we have to do is 3 instagram post per day... we gonna be rich, bro..."

Last edited:
This sounds like a drunj guy telling his friend about the awesome business idea he's just cooked up...

"Bro... All we have to do is book the arena, and tell the fighters we'll pay them a %... So we'll get the best fighters, and everyone will want to see them so they'll pay in advance, and then we get the venue, and the fighters on the day, and all we have to do is 3 instagram post per day... we gonna be rich, bro..."
Just pay the guys is all I ask. Don't pull that stunt the other Bare Knuckle company did...

Just pay the guys is all I ask. Don't pull that stunt the other Bare Knuckle company did...
Thats it - these guys are ALL scumbags, so listening to the latest scumbag-in-line talking about how much he wants to pay people, rather than slapping a million dollar contact on a table for someone isn't a great look...

images

That sounds like something Jake Paul would do

I hope to get a million dollar contract. It’s nice to hope.

Not sure... But to offer fighters ( talking about a roster full ) million dollar contracts... you need a billion dollar bank roll...

I wonder if there could be enough valuable (in terms of drawing interest) fighters floating around as free agents to put together a show a few times a year. Wrangling 8-12 fighters a few times a year would be cheaper than building a roster, but the problem is that other orgs build rosters and you're left with retired fighters or people who just happen to be a free agent at the right time.

One of the things I hope results from Francis' success is more fighters willing to walk away from the UFC and I hope, instead of them getting roped into other orgs, the landscape changes so that it's possible to be a free agent and fight for different organizations.

Sounds like promotion has a bright and long future by doing that!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back