UFC Fight Night: Allen vs. Curtis 2

Allen's streak isn't exactly the who's who of 185 but he has improved since their first fight and Curtis is on the back end of his career, also fairly short notice for him. In a 5 rounder, Allen ITD is probably a play.

I agree with this statement. Allen seems to have improved, whereas Curtis seems to have been figured out and appears to be on the decline.
Not sure about the ITD play, but I'm leaning Allen as well.

Watch more tape on Piera instead of just going off of her recent fight against Gillian Robertson. Calvillo can win due to Piera having poor cardio in R3, but there's a reason why Calvillo hasn't won a fight since 2020.

Edit: Calvillo will be 37-years-old in 3 months.

Piera has had bad TDD her entire career, from her first fight, to her most recent one.

I agree with this statement. Allen seems to have improved, whereas Curtis seems to have been figured out and appears to be on the decline.
Not sure about the ITD play, but I'm leaning Allen as well.
i have an issue seeing the path to victory. Allen won all his fights by grappling and submission( most of them.)

and when he fought Muniz he got matched in equal significant strikes, something Curtis would not have done, he would have destroyed Muniz on the feet. So what does Allen do? sub him? good luck Curtis has good tdd that even Viera with his world class bjj could not do much. So how does Allen win? leg kicking maybe ? but for 5 rounds? hard to digest this. We either just fade Curtis for being 36 and nothing more, or play him for matching stylistically well.

and when he fought Muniz he got matched in equal significant strikes, something Curtis would not have done, he would have destroyed Muniz on the feet.

Curtis dropped pure striking rounds to Rodolfo Viera?

i have an issue seeing the path to victory. Allen won all his fights by grappling and submission( most of them.)

and when he fought Muniz he got matched in equal significant strikes, something Curtis would not have done, he would have destroyed Muniz on the feet. So what does Allen do? sub him? good luck Curtis has good tdd that even Viera with his world class bjj could not do much. So how does Allen win? leg kicking maybe ? but for 5 rounds? hard to digest this. We either just fade Curtis for being 36 and nothing more, or play him for matching stylistically well.

Curtis has been on a slide for a while. Comfortably beaten by Hermansson, losing to Buckley before landing the big shot (always possible with him), lost to Gastelum clearly despite his moaning, was getting outclassed by Imavov, "beat" Barriault but looked horrible.

Allen's path to victory is being better everywhere except power. Curtis can always catch him but this is MMA and crazy shit is a possibility at all times.

I think Curtis will start feeling the pace by round 3 and get stopped in round 4 or 5.

Curtis dropped pure striking rounds to Rodolfo Viera?
lots of jabs in-between takedowns throwing him off. Allen's fought 3 grapplers and 2 strikers who can't grapple against subs.

Curtis has been on a slide for a while. Comfortably beaten by Hermansson, losing to Buckley before landing the big shot (always possible with him), lost to Gastelum clearly despite his moaning, was getting outclassed by Imavov, "beat" Barriault but looked horrible.

Allen's path to victory is being better everywhere except power. Curtis can always catch him but this is MMA and crazy shit is a possibility at all times.

I think Curtis will start feeling the pace by round 3 and get stopped in round 4 or 5.
Kinda feels like everyone is picking on Curtis but he's had better opponents. Buckley win has aged well, Allen's Silva win, not so much.

Andre Barriault is pretty decent and has a good chin, not like he's an easy fight for anyone. I'm not saying its' a lock, but Allen's run could have been done by Curtis as well. I guess being younger is a plus, but I don't see Allen really making leaps in improvement to his striking, still throws basic stuff with no elusive head movement. If i had just one fight where Allen pieced someone up for 5 rounds with a large striking margin or a ko, id hit the play. but he's only proven what we've known so far, that he has good bjj.

I doubt he finishes him. Curtis has only been finished once in 40+ fights.

Locked in Cynthia and GDR so far, possibly a couple more I'll put on later.

Andre Barriault is pretty decent and has a good chin, not like he's an easy fight for anyone.
Keep in mind Marc is now 5-6 (or 6-6 if the Piechota win didn't get overturned) and the best fighter he beat is Anders, a fellow .500 UFC fighter who looked like shit in his subsequent fight against one of the worst guys signed.

He's got a solid chin and cardio, but going to a split with him is an indictment of where you currently stand as a fighter. I'm more interested in the over since I feel that while Curtis has lost a step and will most likely lose, he should keep himself pretty safe when in danger. Probably a fight where he goes from trying to win to just surviving like he seemed to be doing against Imamov.

So how does Allen win?
Circle right. Curtis has NFI how to reset, cut off the cage, or lead. Against Hermansen he figured out quickly that moving right after a jab just left Curtis clueless. Watch how many times he does that and Curtis can't reset or cut the cage off as he follows Jack around aimlessly getting frustrated.

I doubt CC is learning to do this if he hasn't after 40+ fights. I'm not that high on Allen but the blueprint is there for an easy path to victory

Kind of like the value on peek-campbell over 1.5 at +140.

Circle right. Curtis has NFI how to reset, cut off the cage, or lead. Against Hermansen he figured out quickly that moving right after a jab just left Curtis clueless. Watch how many times he does that and Curtis can't reset or cut the cage off as he follows Jack around aimlessly getting frustrated.

I doubt CC is learning to do this if he hasn't after 40+ fights. I'm not that high on Allen but the blueprint is there for an easy path to victory
Allen is way too retarded to do that for 5 rounds and not get bombed on

Keep in mind Marc is now 5-6 (or 6-6 if the Piechota win didn't get overturned) and the best fighter he beat is Anders, a fellow .500 UFC fighter who looked like shit in his subsequent fight against one of the worst guys signed.

He's got a solid chin and cardio, but going to a split with him is an indictment of where you currently stand as a fighter. I'm more interested in the over since I feel that while Curtis has lost a step and will most likely lose, he should keep himself pretty safe when in danger. Probably a fight where he goes from trying to win to just surviving like he seemed to be doing against Imamov.
it's all about style. Allen for example would tap Andre out easy, but in a pure striking match, you best believe Allen would struggle with Andre. Whereas Curtis is not a submission guy so he either wins by ko or decision, so koing Andre is a hard feat. That is pretty much opposite of Allen's last fights in a nutshell, not matched with guys who can defend takedowns and defend subs. I think he can tap Curtis but it's very hard considering his tdd is sharp. When you reduce one method of victory for Allen which is submission, you are relying on a decision victory, which he's 4-2 vs 13-8 for curtis.

Allen and Jack aren't the same fighters. Jack has 11 kos and 6 subs and allen has 5 kos 14 subs. These are indicators of two fighters who have their strengths in opposite directions. Sure Allen is decent on the feet, but he's not Jack, he was getting jabbed up pretty easy by Malkoun, and I thought Malkoun could have won it by scoring criteria.

Calvillo even at 37 probably has the skillset to beat Pierra. The problem is she doesnt use those skills and instead tries to win low volume boxing fights against everyone since losing to Chook in 2020. Actually it seems like Calvillo is stuck in that fight like a ghost is stuck in a house that they got murdered in.

Calvillo even at 37 probably has the skillset to beat Pierra. The problem is she doesnt use those skills and instead tries to win low volume boxing fights against everyone since losing to Chook in 2020. Actually it seems like Calvillo is stuck in that fight like a ghost is stuck in a house that they got murdered in.
The Beast is going to hold a seance on Saturday and rid the UFC's octagon of this old spirit once and for all.

Curtis was miserably outstruck by Imavov, and taken down multiple times, despite the "elite" TDD. I certainly wouldn't count out that scenario happening again, I'd think Allen has improved since last fight, and Curtis has probably declined a little.

And what happened when Curtis didn't get the success or fight he wanted vs Hermansson? He looked lost, got frustrated, and did the Chase Sherman vs Arlovski type deal of yelling for the guy to come in swinging, since he himself could do absolutely nothing, nor adjust.

I certainly don't love Allen, but Curtis should not win this one.

(edit: "miserably", not "miserable")

Last edited:
Curtis was miserable outstruck by Imavov, and taken down multiple times, despite the "elite" TDD. I certainly wouldn't count out that scenario happening again, I'd think Allen has improved since last fight, and Curtis has probably declined a little.

And what happened when Curtis didn't get the success or fight he wanted vs Hermansson? He looked lost, got frustrated, and did the Chase Sherman vs Arlovski type deal of yelling for the guy to come in swinging, since he himself could do absolutely nothing, nor adjust.

I certainly don't love Allen, but Curtis should not win this one.
1712152604309.jpeg
1712152618790.jpeg

Back