Television TV Show Thread

Watched May the 4th Disney+ Tales of the Empire first 3 short episodes which were Morgan Elsbeth's origin story with Thrawn in one episode. Stopped after that since the remaining three episodes seemed to be about some woman Jedi I suspect is no longer relevant in any new shows.

^ WTF good or WTF bad?

Never watched NCIS Hawaii, but the actress is really beautiful. Looked better in the local news than in her blurry paparazzi full frontal nude hot tub pics from afar.
I don't understand the decision . . . and Vanessa Lachey is definitely easy on the eyes.

That show was so fucking intense.

The soundtrack makes me so sad I can't listen to it when people are around.

This version is worth a listen.

Yep, I've heard this version. Beautiful soundtrack.
I listen to an extended hour long version sometimes when I'm taking a walk or reading at home.

Watched the last 3 episodes of Tales of the Empire featuring the square freckled former Jedi who was in jail. I vaguely remembered her from Clone Wars doing something bad and getting busted. Also had the better looking woman Inquisitor from Obi Wan. No idea why they featured these two characters.

Not surprising.

Though it makes me wonder if they were going to make it a period piece, set in the 60s or 70s, or a modern reboot... and what Jason's role could have been, or his mother.

Call me crazy, but I marathoned all the F13 movies about 19 years ago and consider them to be garbage... but perhaps a 'prequel' series leading up to a reboot of the original movies as a TV series featuring serialized storylines... if there was some interesting & creative concepts it may have been worth checking out.

But since the plug has been pulled, its the money-men of the studio probably looked at the scripts and concepts and judged it would have bombed.

Then again... sometimes very creative concepts look horrible on paper, but its about the execution of the concepts within the scripts and production.

But chances are this is for the best. F13 was a cheap horror series very much of its time and its probably best to leave it there.

But..... Chucky was made into a decent TV series (I've heard).

Parish was pretty good.
Giancarlo Esposito is a former driver/bad guy who turned his life around and is living the family life today. He ends up having to go back to that criminal life to help an old friend/get money, but it spirals out of control and chaos ensues.

Just 6 episodes long, but really solid story. Giancarlo is like a mix of a Denzel and Liam Neeson character.

Been watching The Sympathizer on Max this past week. It's a new series, so only 4 episodes are out right now and new episodes air on Sundays. It's pretty good so far and the wife and I are enjoying it.

The story is about a Northern Vietnam spy who is planted in the Secret Police in the South. The first episode deals with the fall of Saigon, then the story takes place in LA. Robert Downey, Jr. has a main role and also plays several other roles. I was telling my wife that they probably have him play all the main white man roles, as a flip on how white people think all Asians look alike. lol! Overall, pretty entertaining and funny show so far.

Last edited:
For some reason I fell into watching Dead Boys detective Agency, and I gotta say I am torn on it I like it or not. The characters are interesting, the stories are kinda fun (the haunted house episode was fucking brutal), but something seems to just off enough about the show that I can't say I am all in. Gonna polish off the rest of the season, and then give a final verdict.

Finally got around to The Last of Us. Whoa boy, are they really trying their damndest to get their political beliefs out there.

I will say the infamous episode 3, was pretty damn outstanding with how they portrayed their relationship. Had to fast forward the beard on beard action, but it was beautifully done, and I can say I loved that episode.

For some reason I fell into watching Dead Boys detective Agency, and I gotta say I am torn on it I like it or not. The characters are interesting, the stories are kinda fun (the haunted house episode was fucking brutal), but something seems to just off enough about the show that I can't say I am all in. Gonna polish off the rest of the season, and then give a final verdict.
The Boys characters were in an episode of Doom Patrol but played by different actors. Dead Boys Detective Agency is a spinoff of The Sandman. You see the characters Death and Depsair appear in one of the episodes

I just learned Apple TV+ has a new sci-fi Jennifer Connelly show. Maybe I'll wait until the new Slow Horses season is out.
I saw something about that yesterday. Dark Matter . . . might give it a try.

I saw something about that yesterday. Dark Matter . . . might give it a try.

I just watched first episode of Dark Matter for free on Apple TV+. Disappointed JC's hair was short and fugly, but I must watch the rest of this to see WTF. This is how first episodes should be to hook you to lust for more. It's probably just the unanswered questions raised. I may watch Collin Farrell's show if the first episode is free too.

I browsed Freevee for the first time in a while and saw it looks like the entire S1 of Reacher is available free as well as tons of other stuff I added to watchlist. Didn't see Jack Ryan though. They even have at least two modern looking Kamen Rider shows. One thing I was interested in I clicked on and it was a live channel.

Back