Elections Tito Ortiz is the new Huntington Beach City Council **6/2/21: Tito resigns**

LOL, actually I teach international journalism and economics (not in the US, in case you're anti-intellectual and the thought of expertise on a subject repulses you).
And I didn't say that Dems don't do that (that's you presuming). But let's be honest, compare Republican tax-cuts (to the mega-wealthy) vs Dem tax cuts (to the mega wealthy) over the last 35 years. . . . the split is VERY slanted in "favor" of Republicans, and has been since Reagan. Get out of here with your disingenuous "b-b-but both sides do it!" deflective crap.
What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

I asked you a very simple question: what "tax-payer money" did the feds pay to the "mega-corporations" during Trump's administration? You alleged this. Now substantiate it.

What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

I asked you a very simple question: what "tax-payer money" did the feds pay to the "mega-corporations" during Trump's administration? You alleged this. Now substantiate it.

You were whining about "liberals", and I called your own whining, and bias/hypocrisy out. I don't need to go dig up stats and facts for you. The answers lie within, if reading is something you're down for. You can use the dates to tell which presidency the tax cuts fall under. Tax subsidies. Look up the ways they benefit big corps instead of demanding I do it for you on Sherdong. If you think corporations getting tax credits isn't the people/rest of the tax pool picking up the slack, that's on you and your world view.
https://ourfuture.org/20190424/how-big-corporations-take-your-tax-dollars
https://www.investopedia.com/taxes/trumps-tax-reform-plan-explained/
https://itep.org/amazon-has-record-...0-avoids-2-3-billion-in-federal-income-taxes/
https://newrepublic.com/article/146540/amazon-thriving-thanks-taxpayer-dollars

P.S. You come off as disingenuous/not in good faith when ordering people on the internet like this. Almost like . . . you may have a narrative to defend/hill to die on. At any rate, great start to a fruitful conversation I'm sure.

You were whining about "liberals", and I called your own whining, and bias/hypocrisy out. I don't need to go dig up stats and facts for you. The answers lie within, if reading is something you're down for. You can use the dates to tell which presidency the tax cuts fall under. Tax subsidies. Look up the ways they benefit big corps instead of demanding I do it for you on Sherdong. If you think corporations getting tax credits isn't the people/rest of the tax pool picking up the slack, that's on you and your world view.
https://ourfuture.org/20190424/how-big-corporations-take-your-tax-dollars
https://www.investopedia.com/taxes/trumps-tax-reform-plan-explained/
https://itep.org/amazon-has-record-...0-avoids-2-3-billion-in-federal-income-taxes/
https://newrepublic.com/article/146540/amazon-thriving-thanks-taxpayer-dollars

P.S. You come off as disingenuous/not in good faith when ordering people on the internet like this. Almost like . . . you may have a narrative to defend/hill to die on. At any rate, great start to a fruitful conversation I'm sure.
Yes, that's what I thought. You had no idea what you're talking about. You are as ignorant as the poster you're criticizing, and never cared to read any of the headlines you saw in passing, or understand what was being done by the American government.

Inspect more closely what you just linked. These are tax abatement schemes. These do not involve the federal government paying the megacorporations taxpayer money. They are tax breaks afforded to corporations to incentivize them doing business on American soil and through American revenue streams so that we either collect a greater total amount of future taxes on that business, or create a large number of permanent jobs.

Yes, that's what I thought. You had no idea what you're talking about. You are as ignorant as the poster you're criticizing, and never cared to read any of the headlines you saw in passing, or understand what was being done by the American government.

Inspect more closely what you just linked. These are tax abatements schemes. These do not involve the federal government paying the megacorporations taxpayer money. They are tax breaks afforded to corporations to incentivize them doing business on American soil and through American revenue streams so that we either collect a greater total amount of future taxes on that business, or create a large number of permanent jobs.
LOL you're going microscope linguistics to try to grasp at a retort, and you're cringe-inductively arrogant in doing so. Pretty pathetic-looking. Project your condescending insecurities onto me all you want, and continue to move the goal posts at your leisure, while pretending that my whole point focused term "tax incentive". You sound like such a blow-hard, and CLEARLY didn't even cursorily read or connect the articles to the context of my point. Shame on you.

LOL you're going microscope linguistics to try to grasp at a retort, and you're cringe-inductively arrogant in doing so. Pretty pathetic-looking. Project your condescending insecurities onto me all you want, and continue to move the goal posts at your leisure, while pretending that my whole point focused term "tax incentive". You sound like such a blow-hard, and CLEARLY didn't even cursorily read or connect the articles to the context of my point. Shame on you.
You don't understand the difference between a subsidy and an abatement.

You have a great deal to learn before you go about lecturing so-called dumb right-wing Americans.

You don't understand the difference between a subsidy and an abatement.

You have a great deal to learn before you go about lecturing so-called dumb right-wing Americans.
LOL you came out the gate shooting and whining about "loving to hear whining liberals", and than spouting off about how Trump made the economy boom! What a delusional take on massive corporate tax-cuts. And you clearly *didn't* read the articles I actually bothered to link to you, because you're fixated on discussing only the terms you choose. Such bad faith, but I should have seen that from your initial responses and attitude that you wouldn't actually try to look at what I'm saying, and instead would just wiggle around and pretend I don't know what I'm talking about.
P.S. Truly sad to feel like you *have* to, repeatedly, tell yourself that someone offering evidence showing that you're full of it/not looking at the whole picture "must have to learn more" and "is confusing terms" (LOL, you just didn't read what I linked, or didn't want to . . . or only looked for the point re-affirming your narrative).

Or, to simplify it for you: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
"If a company holds down its costs by failing to pay its employees a living wage—something that should be a typical expense of running a profitable multi-million dollar business—then taxpayers are called upon to pick up the slack through public assistance programs like food stamps, housing credits, and Medicaid."
Engaging with assholes like you is always a bad idea, because you won't budge and aren't open to changing your stance at all, because your identity depends on it. Pathetic.

Edit: You seem confused/in denial, so maybe this article can clarify some of the *various* ways companies are doding taxes, getting hand-outs (like Tito wants), and yes, getting money from the government(read: tax payer money).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-companies-tax-excl-idUKKBN2341ZE

Haha, and no, before auto-vomit it, Reuters is not "fake news".

Last edited:
LOL you came out the gate shooting and whining about "loving to hear whining liberals", and than spouting off about how Trump made the economy boom! What a delusional take on massive corporate tax-cuts. And you clearly *didn't* read the articles I actually bothered to link to you, because you're fixated on discussing only the terms you choose. Such bad faith, but I should have seen that from your initial responses and attitude that you wouldn't actually try to look at what I'm saying, and instead would just wiggle around and pretend I don't know what I'm talking about.
P.S. Truly sad to feel like you *have* to, repeatedly, tell yourself that someone offering evidence showing that you're full of it/not looking at the whole picture "must have to learn more" and "is confusing terms" (LOL, you just didn't read what I linked, or didn't want to . . . or only looked for the point re-affirming your narrative).

Or, to simplify it for you: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
"If a company holds down its costs by failing to pay its employees a living wage—something that should be a typical expense of running a profitable multi-million dollar business—then taxpayers are called upon to pick up the slack through public assistance programs like food stamps, housing credits, and Medicaid."
Engaging with assholes like you is always a bad idea, because you won't budge and aren't open to changing your stance at all, because your identity depends on it. Pathetic.

Edit: You seem confused/in denial, so maybe this article can clarify some of the *various* ways companies are doding taxes, getting hand-outs (like Tito wants), and yes, getting money from the government(read: tax payer money).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-companies-tax-excl-idUKKBN2341ZE

Haha, and no, before auto-vomit it, Reuters is not "fake news".
No, I'm holding you to account for not understanding the difference between a genuine subsidy and an abatement. Spare me the Wiki-deep level of knowledge I'm sure you're keen to link. A true subsidy is one that is afforded to a specific business or sector of businesses, and not to all companies. That would be like the TARP bailout money aimed at the banks and automotive industry following the crash of the Great Recession.

You alleged that Trump "paid" the corporations in tax-payer money. That would be a direct subsidy, not even a so-called indirect subsidy, and pertaining to the weakest of the latter, our Treasury doesn't refer to those as subsidies. We here in the USA call them "tax expenditures". Here was your original assertion.
Trump gave already tax-dodging corporations HUGE TAX WRITE-OFFS, and even paid them in tax-payer money. And if by "economy" you actually mean "mega-corporations", then sure, he did great. You sound uneducated on this subject. . . . like you're spitting empty Fox News talking-points.
You have now pointed to COVID relief as your example of Trump subsidizing "mega-corporations" when previously you cited tax abatement programs that are normal under everyday conditions, and not part of emergency bills. You're all over the map. First, you're aware that every pandemic-relief bill originates in Congress, specifically the House, not on the desk of the President, right?

Of course you're not. You don't know how our government works.

Second, you're aware the first pandemic relief bill you're condemning was sponsored by a Democrat, right?

Of course you don't. That's why you're blathering about Trump when he was just the last guy in the line to sign the damn paper.

Third, you're aware every relief bill was passed by a strong majority of our Congress, aren't you, and that the last one approved by Trump was actually far more strongly supported in both the House by Democrats (230 vs. 2) than Republicans (128 vs. 50/17), and in the Senate by Democrats/Independents (48 vs. 0) than Republicans (44 vs. 6/2)?

Of course you're not. You didn't even realize the Congress was the one sponsoring and passing these Bills, so how would you know vote breakdowns?

Fourth, you're aware that every pandemic relief bill was enacted by a Congress with a strong Democrat majority in the House, right? Only the Senate possessed a Republican majority before that final bill, and the Republicans did not enjoy a Senate majority for that final bill-- sitting just 50 Senators.

Of course you're not. Yet again, you're blissfully oblivious to the mechanics of our government. We have Saturday morning cartoons that would do you a world of good.

Fifth, you're aware that the pandemic relief bills afforded subsidy relief not just to "mega-corporations", but to everyone, right? Everyone but wealthy individuals, of course. Citizens, small companies, and large companies were all originally afforded relief money because the government forced shutdowns of normal business operations. So it only made sense. If government dictates a business cannot do business, it only makes sense to subsidize them, and I would opine this is a remuneration by opportunity cost rather than a true subsidy. I actually agree that large corporations were afforded more money than they should have gotten, and also companies that were far too large were covered by the relief aimed at "small businesses", but again, this has nothing to do with partisan slant. In fact, the Democrats weren't arguing against bloated relief for large corporations. They simply wanted more relief for everyone; more "tax-payer" free money for you, and you, and you! The Oprah-on-her-daytime-show party. You know this, right?

Of course you didn't.

Sixth, you're aware you just linked a Reuters article of a small-business targeted relief program, right? Sure, some large businesses abused it, but again, these programs were supported by the Democrats. The retroactive criticism doesn't spare them. Yes, we have a problem with tax avoidance, but so does the EU. That's what resulted in the Irish "double tax" imbroglio involving Apple nearly a decade ago that humiliated the EU. Even laws intended to address the avoidance issue often ultimately prove ineffective. That's why they sued the whole damn country. Meanwhile, Ireland prospered thanks to their initiative in providing an effective tax shelter to Apple. This is why the U.S. and EU are working together towards a global corporate tax minimum; so corporations can't shirk tax burdens and qualify for government loans not intended for them through complicated offshore haven strategies.

Seventh, let's get back to your original abatement links. I knew Amazon would come up because the MSM blitzed out a million headlines about Amazon not paying any federal income tax when, suspiciously, prior to the 2016 election, they defended the tax schemes that produced the same problem, with CNN calling it a "war on Jeff Bezos, Amazon, and the Washington Post". In fact, it was far worse under Obama's July 2014 tax reform bill. One can observe this from their own public filings, here. Trump didn't pass his own tax reform bill until 2017. Know what the same income tax burden was on Amazon that CNN used to defend them? We'll put it in red & blue for you.

Amazon: Income Tax Cash Paid in USA
  • 2020: $1,173m
  • 2019: $957m
  • 2018: $1,184m
  • 2017: $881m
  • 2016: $412m
  • 2015: $273m
  • 2014: $177m
  • 2013: $169m

As far as abatement aka tax expenditures, including credits, this misconception that Republicans are the only ones pushing huge government relief reflects mind-boggling ignorance. Historically, Democrats were always the bigger spenders, and that includes indirect subsidy. It's only tax scaling where they're bigger takers, not "spenders" (i.e. "paying" companies by not collecting as much of what they earn through various abatement schemes). It wasn't until Bush Jr. that the Republicans joined their ranks. Here's an example of that from March-2016 before Trump had affected any tax revenue collections at all. Mainstream liberal media only starts caring about this when a Republican is seated in the White House:
27 giant profitable companies paid no taxes (Mar-2016)

By all means, bloviate some more about things you don't understand at all. It's Tito-level ignorance.

No, I'm holding you to account for not understanding the difference between a genuine subsidy and an abatement. Spare me the Wiki-deep level of knowledge I'm sure you're keen to link. A true subsidy is one that is afforded to a specific business or sector of businesses, and not to all companies. That would be like the TARP bailout money aimed at the banks and automotive industry following the crash of the Great Recession.

You alleged that Trump "paid" the corporations in tax-payer money. That would be a direct subsidy, not even a so-called indirect subsidy, and pertaining to the weakest of the latter, our Treasury doesn't refer to those as subsidies. We here in the USA call them "tax expenditures". Here was your original assertion.

You have now pointed to COVID relief as your example of Trump subsidizing "mega-corporations" when previously you cited tax abatement programs that are normal under everyday conditions, and not part of emergency bills. You're all over the map. First, you're aware that every pandemic-relief bill originates in Congress, specifically the House, not on the desk of the President, right?

Second, you're aware the first pandemic relief bill you're condemning was sponsored by a Democrat, right?

Of course you don't. That's why you're blathering about Trump when he was just the last guy in the line to sign the damn paper.

Third, you're aware every relief bill was passed by a strong majority of our Congress, aren't you, and that the last one approved by Trump was actually far more strongly supported in both the House by Democrats (230 vs. 2) than Republicans (128 vs. 50/17), and in the Senate by Democrats/Independents (48 vs. 0) than Republicans (44 vs. 6/2)?

Of course you're not. You didn't even realize the Congress was the one sponsoring and passing these Bills, so how would you know vote breakdowns?

Fourth, you're aware that every pandemic relief bill was enacted by a Congress with a strong Democrat majority in the House, right? Only the Senate possessed a Republican majority before that final bill, and the Republicans did not enjoy a Senate majority for that final bill-- sitting just 50 Senators.

Of course you're not. Yet again, you're blissfully oblivious to the mechanics of our government. We have Saturday morning cartoons that would do you a world of good.

Fifth, you're aware that the pandemic relief bills afforded subsidy relief not just to "mega-corporations", but to everyone, right? Everyone but wealthy individuals, of course. Citizens, small companies, and large companies were all originally afforded relief money because the government forced shutdowns of normal business operations. So it only made sense. If government dictates a business cannot do business, it only makes sense to subsidize them, and I would opine this is a remuneration by opportunity cost rather than a true subsidy. I actually agree that large corporations were afforded more money than they should have gotten, and also companies that were far too large were covered by the relief aimed at "small businesses", but again, this has nothing to do with partisan slant. In fact, the Democrats weren't arguing against bloated relief for large corporations. They simply wanted more relief for everyone; more "tax-payer" free money for you, and you, and you! The Oprah-on-her-daytime-show party. You know this, right?

Of course you didn't.

Sixth, you're aware you just linked a Reuters article of a small-business targeted relief program, right? Sure, some large businesses abused it, but again, these programs were supported by the Democrats. The retroactive criticism doesn't spare them. Yes, we have a problem with tax avoidance, but so does the EU. That's what resulted in the Irish "double tax" imbroglio involving Apple nearly a decade ago that humiliated the EU. Even laws intended to address avoidance issue often ultimately prove ineffective. That's why they sued the whole damn country. Meanwhile, Ireland prospered thanks to their initiative in providing an effective tax shelter to Apple. This is why the U.S. and EU are working together towards a global corporate tax minimum; so corporations can't shirk tax burdens and qualify for government loans not intended for them through complicated offshore haven strategies.

Seventh, let's get back to your original abatement links. I knew Amazon would come up because the MSM fed a blitzed out a million headlines about Amazon not paying any federal income tax when, suspiciously, prior to the 2016 election, they defended the tax schemes that produced the same problem, with CNN calling it a "war on Jeff Bezos, Amazon, and the Washington Post". In fact, it was far worse under Obama's July 2014 tax reform bill. One can observe this from their own public filings, here. Trump didn't pass his own tax reform bill until 2017. Know what the same income tax burden was on Amazon that CNN used to defend them? We'll put it in red & blue for you.

As far as abatement aka tax expenditures, including credits, this misconception that Republicans are the only ones pushing huge government relief reflects mind-boggling ignorance. Historically, Democrats were always the bigger spenders, and that includes indirect subsidy. It's only tax scaling where they're bigger takers, not "spenders" (i.e. "paying" companies by not collecting as much of what they earn through various abatement schemes). It wasn't until Bush Jr. that the Republicans joined their ranks. Here's an example of that from March-2016 before Trump had affected any tax revenue collections at all. Mainstream liberal media only starts caring about this when a Republican is seated in the White House:

By all means, bloviate some more about things you don't understand at all. It's Tito-level ignorance.

I had to look up “bloviate”. I mean that as a compliment.
When you decide to go off, it’s always immensely entertaining. Thanks.

You tell me how he doesn’t. All of a sudden shit sky rockets once Biden took office and that’s normal to you?
They’re saying the main oil pipeline was “hacked” so therefore gas prices will shoot up? Lmao, hope you really don’t believe that.
Stop being so gullible.

Don't answer my question with a question. That isn't an answer. You blamed someone for something; tell us how it's his fault.

Do you not understand simple supply and demand economics?

Of course you didn't.

Sixth, you're aware you just linked a Reuters article of a small-business targeted relief program, right? Sure, some large businesses abused it, but again, these programs were supported by the Democrats. The retroactive criticism doesn't spare them. Yes, we have a problem with tax avoidance, but so does the EU. That's what resulted in the Irish "double tax" imbroglio involving Apple nearly a decade ago that humiliated the EU. Even laws intended to address the avoidance issue often ultimately prove ineffective. That's why they sued the whole damn country. Meanwhile, Ireland prospered thanks to their initiative in providing an effective tax shelter to Apple. This is why the U.S. and EU are working together towards a global corporate tax minimum; so corporations can't shirk tax burdens and qualify for government loans not intended for them through complicated offshore haven strategies.

Seventh, let's get back to your original abatement links. I knew Amazon would come up because the MSM blitzed out a million headlines about Amazon not paying any federal income tax when, suspiciously, prior to the 2016 election, they defended the tax schemes that produced the same problem, with CNN calling it a "war on Jeff Bezos, Amazon, and the Washington Post". In fact, it was far worse under Obama's July 2014 tax reform bill. One can observe this from their own public filings, here. Trump didn't pass his own tax reform bill until 2017. Know what the same income tax burden was on Amazon that CNN used to defend them? We'll put it in red & blue for you.

"you have now pointed to Covid You're the one **clearly** bloviating, peripherally touching upon my original complaints, and so deeply personally invested in this that you can't even admit to the nuance and truth of things I've pointed out and linked to you (and seem to ignore state vs federal taxes when it suits your argument). Lots of what you're saying is true.You know there's truth to what I said, and I even regretted bothering to try to have a good faith argument with someone with such a bizarre chip on their shoulder. My bad. Cherry-picking goal-post-moving emotionally-triggered types like yourself struggle with seeing anything from beyond their narrow perspective, and as evidenced above, do all sorts of mental gymnastics (read: goal post moving and peripheral tirades) that you can't even admit *any* truth to the fact that Trump gave rich and big corporations mega tax cuts at the expense of the rest of the country (and that big corporations, particularly at state level) profited (in various ways) from tax-payer money (however directly or indirectly you want to consider that). You're advertising the issue like a morally bankrupt defense lawyer operating in bad faith.

P.S. Spare *me* the triggered econ 101 seminar. I went over all that decades ago. And I actually agree with the majority of what you're saying, but the way you intentionally avoid admitting opposing evidence is all-too-unpleasant to deal with. LOL, and your snarky, whiny, arrogant teenage language/angst. I can even see your tiny little erection as you project that "of course I don't know anything" onto me while rage-typing multiple pages of un-related unsult-fuelled rants about basic tax functions that I wasn't referring to (but since you cherry-picked the articles pretending I was saying that every facet of the broad subjects withing were specifically what I was referring to, ...but only the ones that I wasn't actually championing. So brilliant!)

"you have now pointed to Covid You're the one **clearly** bloviating, peripherally touching upon my original complaints, and so deeply personally invested in this that you can't even admit to the nuance and truth of things I've pointed out and linked to you (and seem to ignore state vs federal taxes when it suits your argument). Lots of what you're saying is true.You know there's truth to what I said, and I even regretted bothering to try to have a good faith argument with someone with such a bizarre chip on their shoulder. My bad. Cherry-picking goal-post-moving emotionally-triggered types like yourself struggle with seeing anything from beyond their narrow perspective, and as evidenced above, do all sorts of mental gymnastics (read: goal post moving and peripheral tirades) that you can't even admit *any* truth to the fact that Trump gave rich and big corporations mega tax cuts at the expense of the rest of the country (and that big corporations, particularly at state level) profited (in various ways) from tax-payer money (however directly or indirectly you want to consider that). You're advertising the issue like a morally bankrupt defense lawyer operating in bad faith.

P.S. Spare *me* the triggered econ 101 seminar. I went over all that decades ago. And I actually agree with the majority of what you're saying, but the way you intentionally avoid admitting opposing evidence is all-too-unpleasant to deal with. LOL, and your snarky, whiny, arrogant teenage language/angst. I can even see your tiny little erection as you project that "of course I don't know anything" onto me while rage-typing multiple pages of un-related unsult-fuelled rants about basic tax functions that I wasn't referring to (but since you cherry-picked the articles pretending I was saying that every facet of the broad subjects withing were specifically what I was referring to, ...but only the ones that I wasn't actually championing. So brilliant!)

LOL Double PS: So did Trump or didn't Trump give these tax-dodging corporations huge tax write-offs (in the various ways you want to define that)? It's like you're pretending I never even mentioned that, or that I didn't link a break-down of how that played out. Such bad faith how you have to twist around that reality. It is what it is.

LOL Double PS: So did Trump or didn't Trump give these tax-dodging corporations huge tax write-offs (in the various ways you want to define that)? It's like you're pretending I never even mentioned that, or that I didn't link a break-down of how that played out. Such bad faith how you have to twist around that reality. It is what it is.
This is just whining for no other reason than to make noise in the absence of a counterpoint.

You pontificated in ignorance. Don't do that.

Back