The chatter on the board is all wrong. Erceg should get an immediate rematch

He should face Brandon Moreno or someone else, have a couple more fights.

Most knew Islam was going to be champ, top dudes were ducking him like the plague.
Erceg is the next champ. He's better than everybody else. A star was born last night.

Guys are getting knocked out or dominated and get immediate rematches. This fight was close. I think the better fighter lost tonight. I don't think Erceg is a stupid fighter or has bad fight IQ. I think he's inexperienced in such a high-level fight against such a great fighter like Pantoja. He knew Pantoja was tired and thought he could dominate him on the ground. Pantoja is slick on the ground and kept on digging deeper. I also thought Erceg's corner didn't do him any favors. Erceg beat up Pantoja in that fight. He deserves the rematch and I think he beats Pantoja clearly in a rematch. In a sport/company with so many undeserved rematches, this is one that needs to happen. Book it Dana!
No fucking way.

No more immediate rematches. It only is justified with long reigning Champs and I don't even like it then.

Plus he's a challenger who lost. No way.

No immediate rematch...the outcome was not controversial...and a rematch should not be given just because someone did well (especially in a fight they were fortunate to get in the first place, given their ranking and relative inexperience).

Give Erceg a top 5 guy next. If he wins, then revisit the rematch (depending upon what else goes on in the division).

Aren't almost all "undeserved rematches" the case of the champ losing their title?

And hasn't most of the chatter on this board been pretty positive on Erceg's performance?

If Erceg were to win the rematch then they'd have to have another rematch to break the tie..might as well just make title fights best two out of three

Back