Economy stonks v27: banks, the kings of vega

He promised more variety of vehicles and the fan boys went nuts, but forgot the promises he made for that god awful Cyber Truck.
Also he is pissing off his biggest core set of buyers. Most smug liberals are the ones that buy Telsa's. I got a long Put on Tesla, after the earnings pop, lets see how it plays out. . Mine are not do until after next earnings, which I dont think will be good either.
Good luck. Every week a new Cyber Truck pops up in my neighborhood. The ones with the bullet holes on the side are hilarious. Is that an actual feature!?

Good luck. Every week a new Cyber Truck pops up in my neighborhood. The ones with the bullet holes on the side are hilarious. Is that an actual feature!?
Not looking good, but it expires after next earnings, so got a chance to wait it out, but also dont want to watch it go to zero.
I thought the dumb run after earnings was done so got in, then Elon had one more trick up his sleeve with China. I think next earnings are going to be dog shit, but he is cutting/firing a lot of his labor, but with some stocks earnings dont matter. Sucks because it will put a dent in my good year if it does not work, but I will not watch it go to zero.
I am almost back to even on $AAL. I was up but watched it go down below average again. Not going to let that happen again. I thought they would get a boost due to they are not so Boeing dependent in their fleet as the other major players. They also have Airbus planes along with Boeing.
After all Boeing's bullshit, I only fly Airbus planes now, which means no Southwest.

Hmm...

I'm seeing some doom and gloom comments about AAPL. But it's up 7% to 185 from earnings. Announced a massive buyback - $110 billion.

Berkshire's shareholder meeting is coming up. I'm sure Buffett will be asked about Apple. Be interesting to hear his thoughts, as usual. Be weird without Munger there this year, though.

m seeing some doom and gloom comments about AAPL. But it's up 7% to 185 from earnings. Announced a massive buyback - $110 billion.
Think that buyback is the only reason it’s up, otherwise their iPhone sales are down and it’s not looking like a good forecast.

I would've been a millionaire a couple times over if I had bought apple when it was 1 of 3 finalists for one of my first investments ever.

Or a 10's of thousands-aire if I bought BA back then as it was also in the final 3.

Instead I bought efcx with $5,000 and turned that into a burger a fries lunch like a decade later when it was down to .00023478 or .00023477 I can't recall exactly what I sold at.

BUT having learned that lesson I bought a chunk many years too late and put it in my retirement account, and have bought little bitty nibbles with whatever divvys have built up in my kid's custodial account as soon as Cook said they planned to be "Cash Neutral".

I think the tiny divvy raise and the massive buyback is a sign that they actually plan to be cash neutral, and since their offices are carpeted in cash, I hope to see continuing divvy raises and buybacks until I die.

If I could only own 1 stock for the next 50 years, AAPL would sure be a strong contender......

along with KRKNF which is what I would probably buy and end up with another lovely McDonald's lunch in heaven.

$134.35 now. Stock is up over 70% YTD, 230% over the last year and i'm up over 200% with my position.

They now have a market cap of $2.7 billion. The CEO, Jeffrey Gendell, owns 56% of the shares, which makes him very comfortably a billionaire right now. Good for him.
IESC released earnings today. Crushed again. At $146 now. It's not too late!

HOUSTON, May 03, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IES Holdings, Inc. (IESC) today announced financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2024.

Second Quarter 2024 Highlights and Recent Developments

• Revenue of $706 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2024, an increase of 24% compared with $569 million for the same quarter of fiscal 2023
  • Operating income of $77.7 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2024, an increase of 146% compared with $31.6 million for the same quarter of fiscal 2023
  • Net income attributable to IES of $52.9 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2024, an increase of 146% compared with $21.6 million for the same quarter of fiscal 2023, and diluted earnings per share attributable to common stockholders of $2.29 for the second quarter of fiscal 2024, compared with $0.92 for the same quarter of fiscal 2023
  • Adjusted net income attributable to IES (a non-GAAP financial measure, as defined below) of $52.9 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2024, an increase of 115% compared with $24.6 million for the same quarter of fiscal 2023, and diluted adjusted earnings per share attributable to common stockholders of $2.29 for the second quarter of fiscal 2024, compared with $1.07 for the same quarter of fiscal 2023
  • Remaining performance obligations, a GAAP measure of future revenue to be recognized from current contracts with customers, of approximately $1.1 billion as of March 31, 2024
  • Backlog (a non-GAAP financial measure, as defined below) of approximately $1.4 billion as of March 31, 2024
  • Subsequent to quarter end, completed the acquisition of Greiner Industries, expanding the product offerings, capacity and geographic reach of our Infrastructure Solutions business

Not looking good, but it expires after next earnings, so got a chance to wait it out, but also dont want to watch it go to zero.
I thought the dumb run after earnings was done so got in, then Elon had one more trick up his sleeve with China. I think next earnings are going to be dog shit, but he is cutting/firing a lot of his labor, but with some stocks earnings dont matter. Sucks because it will put a dent in my good year if it does not work, but I will not watch it go to zero.
I am almost back to even on $AAL. I was up but watched it go down below average again. Not going to let that happen again. I thought they would get a boost due to they are not so Boeing dependent in their fleet as the other major players. They also have Airbus planes along with Boeing.
After all Boeing's bullshit, I only fly Airbus planes now, which means no Southwest.
I sold after earnings. The airlines make no fucking sense. They simply aren’t sexy in a world of diamond-hand crypto bros

$162!....$165!

lol

I'm close to a 300% gain now. In ~2 years.

Last edited:
$162!....$165!

lol

I'm close to a 300% gain now. In ~2 years.

I dipped my toe in on a FOMO play a while back after you mentioned it and it just kept rising and rising. Good call on that one.

Anyone watch the Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting on CNBC yesterday? I watched most of it. Interesting.

Anyone watch the Berkshire Hathaway shareholder meeting on CNBC yesterday? I watched most of it. Interesting.
Yeah. Interesting. Definitely missed Charlie Munger though. It was nice that they gave him a little tribute.

Some things that stood out:

1. Buffett said his sale of 13% of his Apple shares was for tax reasons only, and his long-term view of the stock is unchanged.

2. They'll probably have $200 billion in cash by the end of this quarter.

3. Hinted that they're looking at an investment opportunity in Canada right now. Hopefully it's an "elephant." Although that doesn't really mesh with having $200 billion in cash by the end of the quarter. Canada has some nice companies.

4. Said Greg Abel will make investing decisions when Buffett is gone. What happened to Todd and Ted? I'm not really impressed by them anyway, but I thought they were going to handle it? Are they still working for the company? Didn't really get clarity here.

5. The wildfire lawsuits and how it might prevent them from making future investments in certain states with Berkshire Hathaway Energy.

6. Said AI scares him. Saw an AI generated image of him that also used his voice. Said it was so good his family wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Opens up the door for a lot of scams in the future.

Yeah. Interesting. Definitely missed Charlie Munger though. It was nice that they gave him a little tribute.

Some things that stood out:

1. Buffett said his sale of 13% of his Apple shares was for tax reasons only, and his long-term view of the stock is unchanged.

2. They'll probably have $200 billion in cash by the end of this quarter.

3. Hinted that they're looking at an investment opportunity in Canada right now. Hopefully it's an "elephant." Although that doesn't really mesh with having $200 billion in cash by the end of the quarter. Canada has some nice companies.

4. Said Greg Abel will make investing decisions when Buffett is gone. What happened to Todd and Ted? I'm not really impressed by them anyway, but I thought they were going to handle it? Are they still working for the company? Didn't really get clarity here.

5. The wildfire lawsuits and how it might prevent them from making future investments in certain states with Berkshire Hathaway Energy.

6. Said AI scares him. Saw an AI generated image of him that also used his voice. Said it was so good his family wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Opens up the door for a lot of scams in the future.
I miss Charlie too. Always looked forward to the book recommendations he used to give. I have his Poor Charlie's Almanack on my bookshelf. Second edition. I may get the latest edition soon. I'm due to reread all of Buffett's letters to shareholders too.

AI scares me also in re how it will be used for nefarious reasons. There will be good from it though. I like how he paralleled AI to the nuclear bomb. In the wrong hands it could be catastrophic.

I found it interesting that Ajit Jain was not present for the afternoon session.

I figured the Apple sale was for tax reasons, especially after the Paramount stock sale. He said it was 100% his decision to sell Paramount but was it his decision to buy it in the first place? Maybe it was Ted/Todd who bought it. Buffett said last year that streaming wasn't a good business so why would he buy Paramount? Didn't make sense to me.

He said it's likely that tax rates will go up to help fund the debt level and believes the debt level will continue to rise. That is scary to me. Raise taxes to fund debt that will continue to rise. Yikes.

He was evasive about whether he thought the markets were fairly valued or overvalued. Don't blame him. He likely doesn't want people to think it's a good time to buy or sell because of what he said. He'd rather they make their own decisions and not blame him.

Last edited:
$ML with a massive beat. The are finally have a quarter with a profit.
When I say I am up bigly this year a majority of it is in $ML, even with a couple recent missteps with some other stonks.
About a year and a half ago, I thought I fucked up, had a shit load of money tied up in the stock. Now my $31.37 average is looking so fucking sweet. It should get to $100 share and then will figure out what I will do, maybe trim 20% and put that money into something that pays a high dividend, and let the rest roll.
image20-8.gif

It's been a beautiful year so far but I'm remaining cautious all things considered.. Sprouts and Farmers has been on a monster run and I'm holding above and beyond with no intention to sale. I'm invested but also sitting with a sizable cash position yielding 6% in savings in case of any carnage and feeling good about it.

Big tech earnings have been fairly decent, but you can see other parts of the market/sectors have been suffering in this environment. I'm not getting complacent here, neither optimistic or pessimistic, just feeling a little like Warren, nothing really stands out like this is deep value and I need to buy so just going to wait around for a while. No need for any urgency to buy anything here IMO.

I'ma pump my Kraken right here in front of y'all, i got no shame.

ST. JOHN'S, Newfoundland and Labrador, May 08, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kraken Robotics Inc. ("Kraken" or the "Company") (TSX-V: PNG, OTCQB: KRKNF) announces that it has received an order for spares and sustainment of its KATFISH™ Mine Counter Measures (“MCM”) solution totalling $2.2 million. In addition, the Company received an order for AquaPix® synthetic aperture sonars (SAS) totalling $1.3 million. These systems will be integrated to Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) from two new navy customers for use in minehunting and subsea infrastructure security applications. Both customer details cannot be disclosed. Deliveries will occur in 2024.

The key to this whole announcement is "Two new Navy Customers"

trading at .72c

One day when you are studying the great investors of this century, you will read of Warren & Charlie, and Lynch, Graham but the real goat will be a rabbit riding a giant squid​

Last edited:
Ooofff, glad I never pulled the trigger on Roblox.
I have been keeping an eye on it, since prior to Christmas. My kids wanted gift cards, I like playing some of the games with my kids,(I suck at the building ones) bunch of Youtubers content is basically playing Roblox, and had other younger relatives parents telling me just get the kids Roblox Gift cards. Earning today does not paint a good picture. Will still check in on it, but no longer interested to pull the trigger.

Back