[Ryan Garcia] My levels are so low for someone who took ostarine.

During a bout a fighter can cheat without necessarily being disqualified. Even if they commit an intentional foul. It too has a penalty, points are taken, but often the fight is still allowed to continue. Now the unified rules were already established and agreed upon before the incident happened. Does this mean it wasn't cheating? No. One fighter deliberately broke the rules and gained an unfair advantage in the fight. It doesn't matter whether they were disqualified or allowed to continue.

I admit, I see it the same now. Kinda crazy that a guy can get a away with couple low blows before a point is taken. If I really disliked my opponent, I may choose to go that route for the fun of it.

I admit, I see it the same now. Kinda crazy that a guy can get a away with couple low blows before a point is taken. If I really disliked my opponent, I may choose to go that route for the fun of it.
True. There are lots of ways fighters can cheat before and during a fight. I debated a Garcia fan the other day who said that deliberately missing weight to gain an unfair advantage wasn't cheating it was just "gaming the system." I then pointed him to the encyclopedia entry below.

Gaming the system (also rigging, abusing, cheating, milking, playing, working, breaking the system, gaming, or bending the rules) can be defined as using the rules and procedures meant to protect a system to, instead, manipulate the system for a desired outcome.”

Were they aware he had PED's before the fight? Or did that knowledge come to us after the fact? While the weight was known to everyone before the fight and it still happened, so quite the comparison there...

Anyway, teachers go back and forth with students all the time and it isn't because students are correct, it's because they are stuborn and don't want to learn, so that example is also incorrect.

The fact of the matter is, I am not talking about him cheating in his championship fight. Even if it isn't a legal matter, one way to know if what you are saying is correct or not, simply say "would it hold up in court?"

"Your honor, he cheated, he intentionaly missed weight, he admited it."

"Correct, this is why that fight was scrapped and he didn't get fight for the belt and was charged 1.5 million dollars."

"No but then he beat me while being OW, it's cheating!"

"No because you accepted the new terms, that was a different fight and the weight wasn't an issue anymore.

That's all there's to it, no matter how much you want to look into it, Ryan cheated with PED's and he paid the price for intentionaly missing weight by not being allowed to fight for the belt.

But in the actual fight where he humbled Haney, he didn't cheat as far as weight is concerned, everybody knew his weight and they still accepted.

Needless to say, if Haney had won the fight, Ryan would still be facing punishment and cheating accusations from Haney due to the PED's, but he wouldn't be saying much about the weight anymore, because he won.

Since he lost, all of a sudden those 3lbs he was all too happy to accept 1.5 million for, are such an incredible advantage that it cost him the fight... please...

If he went to court for it what would the result be? A monetary fine to compensate the injured party. They made a civil agreement outside of court with Garcia effectively admitting he was wrong and intentionally cheated to gain an advantage. It would stand up in court, they just decided to settle outside of court. Your court example happened, it just happened without it occurring in a court room. This thing happens all the time in civil suits. They are primarily settled via financial payment outside of court rooms, you have been watching too much Judge Judy.

You are arguing he cheated and admitted fault with your own example.

The weight is still an issue and the PED use (if proven) is still an issue. It doesn't just go away because they agreed to fight anyway. It doesn't change the fact that Garcia intentionally missed weight to gain an advantage which fits the definition of cheating. It would be a non issue if he came and said he wouldn't;t make weight a week or two out and they both had the opportunity to agree on a new weight without one being disadvantaged by completing the weight cut.

It's not cheating. Ryan was fined 1.5 million and wasn't able to take Haneys belts. He was punished and then allowed to fight by the commission.
Cheating:
act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.

It's the literal definition. He intentionally came in overweight (by his own admission) to gain an advantage. He made an agreement to weight a certain amount, intentionally chose not to weight that much and just because they made an agreement to still fight at that weight, doesn't change what he did.

All he has to do is come out a week or two before and make an agreement for a catch weight fight. The fight was agreed in a specific weightclass, for a specific belt. By his own admission he never even tried to get to the weight and planned it all along.

He got caught, couldn’t fight for the belt, had to pay a fine and the title bout was scrapped.

That could have been it, with Ryan going home with his tail between his legs for not being able to keep his end of the deal and intentionally missing weight.

But Haney agreed to new terms, in which Ryan was now allowed to fight at 143… it’s a new fight with new rules and in THIS fight, the one that actually happened, the only cheating involved was the PED.

I don’t know how much clearer it can possibly be.

Think somebody said it was his sister....
People should treat her and make the same comments he does about other women & watch him play the religion & victim cards.
One of the cringiest wtf moments in staredown: "Wheres yo Mom! Where ya Mom -I Want Yo Mom !!"

supplements company lie... countless UFC fighters failed for ostarine from tainted supplements. If the dietary supplement, pre workout or whatever supplement is new chances are they are usually tainted for the first few batches to make them seem "effective" before removing the illegal shit
And that's exactly why if it's your profession you should only buy supplements that are third party tested. When I trained at Fortis (back when it was called Octagon MMA) I saw first hand the list of approved supplements that USADA sent the fighters for example.

And its the job of an athlete to know that and test everything in a lab to make sure its not tainted before putting it in their body.
Exactly. I have never heard of an athlete taking a NSF or GMP compliant supplement and failling. Supplements that have those labels on the package are made in facilities that are not allowed to have any banned substances anywhere in the facility.

Tainted supplement excuse rarely holds any real weight. Reality is you are 100% responsible for what you put in your body. "My trainer gave it too me" or "I bought from some fly by the night company" is the talk of an immature highschool kid, not a professional.

he posting proof of an overturn for someone that had considerably less than him didn't do him favours. it's like comparing slightly elevated by within the limits vs being way over and calling them coprabable. I wonder if his supplement that was riddled in ostarine is cheaper than ostarine is. wonder if I can buy weed from the same guy and have cocaine in it.

the more ryan garcia talks the more guilty he comes off.
He's like Trump always incriminating himself the more he speaks. Before long he'll be telling us where the bodies are buried. Ryan shoots himself in the foot with every other sentence. I appreciate that.

He's like Trump always incriminating himself the more he speaks. Before long he'll be telling us where the bodies are buried. Ryan shoots himself in the foot with every other sentence. I appreciate that.

its got to be tough for Garcia with his combination of drug problems, mental health problems and crushing narcissism

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celticfrost
Back