Media Rummys corner backing Fury

PBAC

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you agree/disagree? Fury should really have all the advantages. I do think Usyk comes across as more the underdog on paper. The Ngannou win really hurt his favour and soured a lot of boxing fans against Fury. Joshua pretty much redeemed his ass.

Fury has the obvious physical advantages but he certainly doesn't have all of the advantages in the fight. He's not the better boxer, he isn't faster, or more mobile, and his work rate is much lower.

Fury's jab could give Usyk problems. He could also use his weight and size on when Usyk gets in on him.

I kind of feel like Usyk will just outwork him, steal rounds.
this is how I feel, but it might just be wishful projection on Usyk. Fury is still a pretty good boxer himself. Joshua's boxing seems relatively forced.

this is how I feel, but it might just be wishful projection on Usyk. Fury is still a pretty good boxer himself. Joshua's boxing seems relatively forced.
Forced? Joshua was outboxing Usyk at times in both fights. Fury's boxing fails as soon as you get past his jab. He rarely ever counters and when he does they're not sharp. This is why Wilder got so many opportunities to blast him with his big right hand in their trilogy. Fury wasn't making him pay despite the guy standing directly in front of him (Usyk won't be).

Back