Ready For Gable Steveson to arrive

Hard not to choose WWE over UFC/MMA at the point when he did. Why turn down 250k a year over 80k (+80k to win) per match in UFC? He's no draw.

Even if he failed at WWE he can negotiate a sponsorship that he can make a decent wage training for the next Olympics and get a huge bonus if he wins his second gold.
Yeah I don't blame him at all, but for me, as a fight fan, it is a loss. And now seeing that he failed in the WWE, it's a toss up, maybe he ain't thst attractive in sponsors eyes? I do wish him the best. I just don't like divas. I like Keanu Reeves type of people. But in this day and age, I get it. People are being millionaires by showing their anuses on OF, and just collabs on Instagram makes alot of money.. Consumption, shallowness.. Now I went of topic haha.
I still love amateur wrestling (mostly greco however), so let's see what happens, go Gable.

Cassar beat Gable in ncaa wrestling, but Cassar looked like crap in his last mma fight. Like shockingly bad

No he isn't. Cassar has good enough wrestling to not get taken down but he can't spam takedowns like Gable.

Being elite at avoiding takedowns would be big against a guy like Gable, but most heavyweights have weak takedown defense, but no one is offensive and athletic enough to take advantage of it like DC and Blaydes have had success with. Gables takedowns crush both of theirs with the speed he brings them too.

Cassar is the guy that might end up average but would be a potential matchup problem for Gable.
But that's how bad Stevenson looked. Like originally thought he was trolling, then read the comment in the IG post and he was serious. Askren, CM Punk, Steven A >>>>> hands than Stevenson

Hard not to choose WWE over UFC/MMA at the point when he did. Why turn down 250k a year over 80k (+80k to win) per match in UFC? He's no draw.

Even if he failed at WWE he can negotiate a sponsorship that he can make a decent wage training for the next Olympics and get a huge bonus if he wins his second gold.
Some people don't want to travel 300+ days a year

The WWE cut Gable Steveson, he was terrible at his job as a professional wrestler. But the WWE didn't let him wrestle in the Olympic trials then fired him right after they ended (has to be some sort of rich man revenge for wasting their money and getting no return). I feel bad about the wrestling, but with the next Olympic games 4 years away, there is no way he doesn't come to MMA.

Hopefully he learned how to "hype a fight" a bit in his two wasted years of WWE, as he will be turning 24 this year.

Anyone have video of him hitting the bags? Hearing it looked like a cross of Askren and Stephen A Smith level bad. Not that it should matter much.

However, it hasn’t taken long for other companies to find interest in the former NCAA champion. As first reported by Ariel Helwani, Gable Steveson has begun to train in MMA. The former Minnesota wrestler is reportedly training at Kill Cliff FC, one of the top gyms in the sport. The gym is run by Henri Hooft and features the likes of former UFC champion Robbie Lawler.

Askren-esque is his striking prowess, Joe?

is he another crotch sniffer?
The new HW GSP.

But seriously, can you imagine if he would develop DC-level striking?

Fuck him.

I'd rather UFC keep building HW around Glory kickboxers, taekwondo medalists, and good old fashioned brawlers.

That's what the HW division should be.

With weight cutting as extreme as it is nowadays and roid testing not as lax as it used to be, we're never going to see a truly good HW division again. So just focus on making it as fun as possible.

I have a feeling that PFL is going to throw a ton of Saudi money at him. If they could sign Gable & Aldo then they could start building some buzz again.

Just looked it up and yeah, Gable looks like a piece of shit.

N/m, I googled it.

Seems wishy washy. Hope for his sake that he didn't rape anyone. As much as this could be a rape, it could be consensual, until the next morning when the girl changed her mind, or set Gable up.

Last edited:
Isn't he wasting his prime in WWE still? Hasn't he wasted like 2-3 years in WWE already? Don't think he is MMA motivated. If he was, he would skip out on WWE. And, if he was to come MMA now, it would probably be a financial choice more than anything.

Don't really see him going far in MMA despite his divine physical abilities at hw

Isn't he wasting his prime in WWE still? Hasn't he wasted like 2-3 years in WWE already? Don't think he is MMA motivated. If he was, he would skip out on WWE. And, if he was to come MMA now, it would probably be a financial choice more than anything.

Don't really see him going far in MMA despite his divine physical abilities at hw
Nope, they finally cut him because he wasn't any good. I watched his matches on YouTube recently - he could do the moves but his timing was so bad, making it look horrible. It was equivalent to one of those B movies where the actors sound like they're reading rather than speaking naturally.

Back