Quentin Tarantino : A director that never matured

Imagine Michael Corleone taking revenge on Sonny's murder via karate fighting. <lmao>

He couldn't use "karate fighting" even if he wanted to. Maybe the problem is you don't have a reasoning part in your brain...

He couldn't use "karate fighting" even if he wanted to. Maybe the problem is you don't have a reasoning part in your brain...
Karate is actually mentioned in the godfather if I remember correct Mo Greenes bodyguards are Karateka.

Tarantino doing a godfather remake would be hell on earth.

The ironic thing is I think Coppola's Rumblefish is a VERY Tarantino like film(or should I say Movie Clarence?).

In a lot of ways, I think Guy Ritchie has grown more as a director while Tarantino has gotten more selfish and masturbatory to the detriment of his films. For example, the last thing time Tarantino has put anything together that was as tight as "The Gentleman" was maybe years ago with Pulp Fiction, but I think Pulp Fiction is a little sloppy when it comes to telling a complete story.
LOL @ "The Gentleman" being better than "Inglorious Basterds", or even "The Hateful 8". You have horrible taste, if you're putting that forgettable auto-pilot Guy Ritchie movie over any Tarantino flick not named "Death Proof".

He’s just had some misses throughout his career but I’d put his resume against any director ever.

I feel like OUATIH is some of his best work yet. Django, Basterds, all incredible stuff.

Hating him is just contrarianism at this point.

He’s just had some misses throughout his career but I’d put his resume against any director ever.

I feel like OUATIH is some of his best work yet. Django, Basterds, all incredible stuff.

It is not contrarianism. I don't think people or at least most people hate Tarantino. I think it is a generally realization that everything he has made for a long while is extremely flawed. He needs an editor or producer or even studio to keep him in check. There are some directors that are worse for having a third party reigning them in. There are others like Tarantino that need that. Tarantino never matured like Guy Ritchie did.

Been also think if Jules and Vincent were referential to Riggs and Murtaugh in Lethal Weapon. Unhinged white guy and cool, collected black guy. Samuel Jackson played the Murtaugh character on the LW parody Loaded Weapon.

Wikia-Visualization-Main%2Clethalweapon.png

Indeed.

I dont think I could get along w someone who hates Tarantino movies.

How fun could they possibly be?

Been also think if Jules and Vincent were referential to Riggs and Murtaugh in Lethal Weapon. Unhinged white guy and cool, collected black guy. Samuel Jackson played the Murtaugh character on the LW parody Loaded Weapon.

Wikia-Visualization-Main%2Clethalweapon.png
Vincent was a more realistic unhinged white guy. He never actually lost it, he just struggled with it. You could tell he was always spoiling for a fight but it would never materialize. He wanted to catch the guy who keyed his car to make him pay but he never did. He wanted to start shit with Butch knowing full well the guy was a pro boxer, just to be a dickhead. A few times he was losin his cool with the whole marvin gettin shot situation. He couldnt stand that Jules would give the robber his money. But it was like a cartoon character... some people are just like that.

It is not contrarianism. I don't think people or at least most people hate Tarantino. I think it is a generally realization that everything he has made for a long while is extremely flawed. He needs an editor or producer or even studio to keep him in check. There are some directors that are worse for having a third party reigning them in. There are others like Tarantino that need that. Tarantino never matured like Guy Ritchie did.
I dont want him to mature.

Guy Ritchie was better before.

It is not contrarianism. I don't think people or at least most people hate Tarantino. I think it is a generally realization that everything he has made for a long while is extremely flawed.
That must be why all of his films remain critical and commercial successes...

Tarantino never matured like Guy Ritchie did.

Oh', just stop. Guy Ritchie has been a one note director for his entire career, and has been on auto-pilot since "Snatch". At his very best, he was considered a poor man's Tarantino. He's hasn't evolved as a filmmaker in any way, and whenever he steps out of comfort zone of comical fast talking gangsters doing gangster shit, he fails miserably.

Back