Pro Cycling Discussion 3: 2024 The Year of Crashes?

He’s too much man lmao. They’ve already eliminated half the gc guys from this thing.

UAE mountain domestique situation is rather bleak though. Majka is the best and even he is looking rather bleh. Novak has been incredible at spring classics but I have almost zero faith in him and Bjerg lasting in the high mountains and if Groschartner has done any pulling I sure have not seen in.
Laengen is lead out for Molano?

Pog better not get in any trouble!

UAE mountain domestique situation is rather bleak though. Majka is the best and even he is looking rather bleh. Novak has been incredible at spring classics but I have almost zero faith in him and Bjerg lasting in the high mountains and if Groschartner has done any pulling I sure have not seen in.
Laengen is lead out for Molano?

Pog better not get in any trouble!
I’m just gonna shoot straight I think after some more punchy finishes and the time trial I don’t think it will be realistic to beat him in the mountains without a dual threat option

awwww yeees! Everyone in this thread is praying for you REMCO! ( @lsa does it secretly in a Remco altar hidden in a microwave)

Anyone else watch call of a lifetime on YouTube? Great little series

Think Merlier can survive this bump 4km from the finish line? My bet is on Milan, Kooij crashed yesterday so I am counting him out today!

I'd hope for freedom for Ganna but I think he'll be stuck in the G-man protection detail.

BXG1E5qc5cd2p4SGqF6n_170424-073821.jpg

It's not a coincidence that Bardet was 2nd in the Tour in a year that the UCI started checking bikes for motors, and then 3rd the next year.
Willing to bet he was finding marginal gains in his own way, it just wasn’t the crackdown those years

Think Merlier can survive this bump 4km from the finish line? My bet is on Milan, Kooij crashed yesterday so I am counting him out today!

I'd hope for freedom for Ganna but I think he'll be stuck in the G-man protection detail.

BXG1E5qc5cd2p4SGqF6n_170424-073821.jpg
Milan had a couple of finishes like this - I think at tirreno. He was way ahead of everyone else. I’d take him on this one

Holy shit this one’s wild.

Splits everywhere

WHAT A FUCKING STAGE!
lol that was bonkers. That straight away just a touch too long for pogi to make a clean breakaway.

But when I saw him accelerate as the road thinned out and got steep I was like “oh fuck” bahaha

Was not expecting a move at all but I totally get where his head was at.

Merlier strong sprint with big throw.

Hey, it's three weeks long. Anything can happen.

Stay tuned.

Stay tuned.
I wonder sometimes with pogi if he can resist burning matches. Today was a great example. Like the dude used a huge effort, and it was exciting as fuck to watch.

But then against someone like G who quietly will cover and never does more than what’s needed - I wonder if the power dynamic changes once you hit week 3 like it sometimes does with Jonas and tadej

Willing to bet he was finding marginal gains in his own way, it just wasn’t the crackdown those years

Other than Froome, Boonen, and Cancellara, I'd love to know who the other motor users were. There was a story that Contadope used one in the Giro in 2015 because they were so pissed off at Froome's motor use in 2013.

Stay tuned.

I was suprised that Merlier survived, even more so considering the finale was much harder than anticipated.

Mega bullish on Merlier!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMACda
Back