Path to victory for Stipe against Jon?

Dirty boxing mixed with defensive wrestling ? Using his natural heavyweight frame to force Jon into uncomfortable situations? Make it a firefight? I mean since he fought DC and Ngannou 2x each ..

Look, Jon is the least powerful puncher out of all them easily. Stipe survived 7 rounds with Ngannou and like how ever many with heavyweight DC . Beating him twice.

JBJ subbing Gane the way he did was amazing but we still don't know how he'll react to strikes from a heavyweight how much his cardio is affected and how much his speed is affected especially since he got hurt.

There's a way for stipe. I sense it and it's intriguing to think about.
Same as Gus 1 and Reyes but better if he can.

Start fast. Force Jones to make decisions fast by being aggressive. This is better than starting slow and allowing Jon to get comfortable because thats where Jon thrives. Be first and put hands on him. No low conviction punches. Hard jabs. Hard crosses. Heavy hooks. Pummel like crazy and throw bombs on the break and dont allow Jon contol the distance and pot shot. Better to keep Jon on the back foot and problem solving under pressure. Better to go for it than to get caught looking.

Last edited:
Stipe's a decent wrestler but he's not on Jon's level. He needs to land a good punch very early in the fight. I'm talking first 20 seconds or so. At least rattle Jon's cage a bit and make him think twice about rushing in for the clinch.

That's his only chance.

Hopefully that HW power makes him feel something he's never felt before.

Dirty boxing mixed with defensive wrestling ? Using his natural heavyweight frame to force Jon into uncomfortable situations? Make it a firefight? I mean since he fought DC and Ngannou 2x each ..

Look, Jon is the least powerful puncher out of all them easily. Stipe survived 7 rounds with Ngannou and like how ever many with heavyweight DC . Beating him twice.

JBJ subbing Gane the way he did was amazing but we still don't know how he'll react to strikes from a heavyweight how much his cardio is affected and how much his speed is affected especially since he got hurt.

There's a way for stipe. I sense it and it's intriguing to think about.

Pray Jon injures an ankle in the opening seconds…

Get on the best gear available, poke his eyes relentlessly, follow that up with a few nut shots, then go for the kill. Who cares, they’re both retiring after this fight.

Stipe can definitely win this fight. He has much better boxing than Jon. He's a harder puncher than Jon. His TDD is good enough to keep the fight standing. Hell, at this point he might even be able to offensive use wrestling against Jon.

Jon is nearly just as much a question mark as Stipe is coming into this fight. Stipe hasn't fought in years and Jon has a whopping 2 minutes in the cage in the last 51 months and put on a couple unimpressive performances before he took a break a few years ago.

Jon should be the favorite but really who the hell knows what to expect? It's insane to me so many people just write off Stipe as a bum with just a punchers chance. For what it's worth Couture won and defended the HW title at like 43 or 44 years old.

Stipe's a decent wrestler but he's not on Jon's level. He needs to land a good punch very early in the fight. I'm talking first 20 seconds or so. At least rattle Jon's cage a bit and make him think twice about rushing in for the clinch.

That's his only chance.

Hopefully that HW power makes him feel something he's never felt before.

Yeah that division 1 wrestler just isnt on the level of that junior college wrestler who lost to matt riddle.

by being big and being a natural HW
if he could somehow stop jones takedowns
he has superior hands and more powerful punches
hes a cardio freak as well

but jones has alot of tools standing up too
that might potentialy set up a takedown
make stipe hesitant to throw strikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight