PlayStation Official Stellar Blade Discussion

what builds have people been playing? i’ve been going mostly speed build now that i finally have enough options to actually focus on a build (only 10h in so far & just got burst, so i still got a lot of game left). i’m using 2 speed increase gears + 1 fixed damage gear w/ Reflex exo atm. still need to unlock my second exo & fourth gear slots.

Nice write-up. So is it a two-run Plat at a minimum?
Yes but only if you save scum which I plan on doing for the next playthrough. Without that it would be three I believe

what builds have people been playing? i’ve been going mostly speed build now that i finally have enough options to actually focus on a build (only 10h in so far & just got burst, so i still got a lot of game left). i’m using 2 speed increase gears + 1 fixed damage gear w/ Reflex exo atm. still need to unlock my second exo & fourth gear slots.
Damn dude you thinking on another level. Has no thought ever crossed my mind while playting this lol. Did you play a lot of Diablo growing up?

Same, going attack speed, burst damage, and attack damage. Also have a health regen one that I’m using.

Same, going attack speed, burst damage, and attack damage. Also have a health regen one that I’m using.
i grabbed the critical hit gear from kaya, so i’m gonna give that a try in place of the fixed damage. hopefully it’s not much longer until i unlock the fourth slot

I use burst/beta exospines and burst/beta recharge in gear sockets. This ensures i have a nice supply of fancy counters.

This game is incredible. It's got everything I love in a game and then some. And it washed out the bad taste DDII left me. When comparing the two, since they're the last two I've played:

1. Combat: SB
2. Exploration and Rewards: SB (they actually give you an incentive to explore)
3. Enemy Variety: SB (without a doubt)
4. OST: About the same
5. Story: SB

The only thing I think DDII does better is their movement. SB is somewhat sticky and can be annoying but I'd be lying if I said I didn't randomly fall to my death in DDII as well.

Wrapped up the game last night and instantly wanted to go back to NG+. This game was so much damn fun. The parry heavy combat scratched a Sekiro itch that no other game has come close to. Easily one of the best Soulslike titles I’ve ever played, up there with the Nioh series for me. The game is stylish, beautiful, polished, and feels AAA even if it’s not from an enormous studio.

I like the focus on skills instead of weapons and felt the game really granted you the freedom to approach it however you wanted. I was pleasantly surprised by how open some of the areas were and always enjoyed exploring, unlocking new costumes and upgrades. Took fashion souls to a whole new level lol.

The combat was the star of the show though. The abilities really lent to that feeling of progressive power. I loved the burst and counter abilities, each one feels like it had the appropriate level of power.

Bosses were all fun but I did feel they were too easy. I didn’t die to a single one until the last couple of Alphas so a little disappointed in that regard.

I also thought the the side quests got real repetitive and boiled down to “find my dead friend”.

Overall though it was a great title and I sincerely hope they get greenlit for a sequel. With some polishing and a higher budget, I could see this series doing some serious work.

Would easily recommend to my Souls brethren here.

Wrapped up the game last night and instantly wanted to go back to NG+. This game was so much damn fun. The parry heavy combat scratched a Sekiro itch that no other game has come close to. Easily one of the best Soulslike titles I’ve ever played, up there with the Nioh series for me. The game is stylish, beautiful, polished, and feels AAA even if it’s not from an enormous studio.

I like the focus on skills instead of weapons and felt the game really granted you the freedom to approach it however you wanted. I was pleasantly surprised by how open some of the areas were and always enjoyed exploring, unlocking new costumes and upgrades. Took fashion souls to a whole new level lol.

The combat was the star of the show though. The abilities really lent to that feeling of progressive power. I loved the burst and counter abilities, each one feels like it had the appropriate level of power.

Bosses were all fun but I did feel they were too easy. I didn’t die to a single one until the last couple of Alphas so a little disappointed in that regard.

I also thought the the side quests got real repetitive and boiled down to “find my dead friend”.

Overall though it was a great title and I sincerely hope they get greenlit for a sequel. With some polishing and a higher budget, I could see this series doing some serious work.

You’ve got to play Lies of P. I won’t shut up about it until you do lol. Most of the things you said apply to that game as well and the bosses in that game are all challenging. Seriously underrated game, this and Stellar Blade show that Korean games can be amazing. 2024 can be a backlog year so I highly recommend it.

You’ve got to play Lies of P. I won’t shut up about it until you do lol. Most of the things you said apply to that game as well and the bosses in that game are all challenging. Seriously underrated game, this and Stellar Blade show that Korean games can be amazing. 2024 can be a backlog year so I highly recommend it.
Think I need to go back to it. The demo just didn’t grab me for some reason. Nothing really stood out as to why but I’ll have to give it another shot.

been feeling the same way about the bosses & mini bosses too (so far). the Tachy fight felt like it was designed to have a learning curve built around improvement via failure like so many of the great bosses in FromSoft games, but instead i sliced through her despite plenty of tactical errors.

i love how Stellan Bladesgaard takes a fun-first approach to its gameplay philosophy, but i think there is enough room between all the ass kicking to inject a little more of a challenges & failures approach to the bosses. there’s no better feeling in gaming than the feeling of accomplishment you get when you finally beat a stupidly difficult boss after grinding your controller & fingers to dust (in my personal opinion, ofc, but ik i’m not alone)

Last edited:
Think I need to go back to it. The demo just didn’t grab me for some reason. Nothing really stood out as to why but I’ll have to give it another shot.
You should, same thing happened to me then I fell in love with it.

been feeling the same way about the bosses & mini bosses too (so far). the Tachy fight felt like it was designed to have a learning curve built around improvement via failure like so many of the great bosses in FromSoft games, but instead i sliced through her despite plenty of tactical errors.

i love how Stellan Bladesgaard takes a fun-first approach to its gameplay philosophy, but i think there is enough room between all the ass kicking to inject a little more of a challenges & failures approach to the bosses. there’s no better feeling in gaming than the feeling of accomplishment you get when you finally beat a stupidly difficult boss after grinding your controller & fingers to dust (in my personal opinion, ofc, but ik i’m not alone)
You can play hard mode without a new game plus. That would be pretty tough I imagine

Back