Movies Movie News and Notes

LOL...I read an article that they had a female black screenwriter known for Plays and then hired a black male screenwriter not known for anything other than a Netflix series about Colin Kaeppernick becoming an activist. What the fuck did they think was going to get written....A black female led character teaching "Life Lessons" to Vampires....Ali would have been 4th billed. What?? Perfect example of why shit sucks now.
Woke Blade ?
<Dany07>

I’m finally watching House of Cards. What season does it take a massive dip in quality?

I’m finally watching House of Cards. What season does it take a massive dip in quality?

First two seasons are gold.
Season three... isn't 'a massive dip in quality' but it isn't as good as the first two.
And from what I hear, it takes a massive dump in quality after Kevin Spacey isn't in it.

Holy shit. I don't really like these sorta movies but this looks spectacular.

For whatever reason, I immediately recognized the wife as the kid from Uncle Buck and Sleepless in Seattle.

First Look at David Corenswet as Superman in Costume in James Gunn's SUPERMAN

GM6R8OaXUAA855W

First time I've heard of this being in production, and it makes me wonder how much Amazon is investing into this since 2049 bombed at the boxoffice (sadly).

Sydney Sweeney Getting Into The Ring To Portray Trailblazing Boxer Christy Martin For Director David Michôd, Black Bear & Anonymous Content; Actress Is “Itching To Start Training” For Role — Cannes Market Hot Project

EXCLUSIVE: The in-demand Sydney Sweeney, coming off hit rom-com Anyone But You and horror pic Immaculate, is shifting gears again as she is set to portray trailblazing boxer Christy Martin in a new biopic which could be a knockout for buyers at the Cannes market where Black Bear will be launching.

Under the direction of Oz filmmaker David Michôd, known for visceral movies such as Animal Kingdom and The King, the currently untitled project will chart the true story of Martin’s rise to become America’s most well known female boxer in the 1990s — the “female Rocky” in the words of the film’s producers. A naturally gifted fighter, her life transformed in 1989 when she met her manager, and later husband, Jim Martin. Breaking boundaries, she became the first woman to sign with iconic promoter Don King, and the only female boxer to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Her charisma, good looks and resilience in the ring won her an avid fanbase and propelled her to become welterweight champion. But behind the well-honed public persona, she tackled personal demons, toxic relationships, and a brutal attempt on her life.

Ok, I knew it was only a matter of time before she found her way to a role that involved on-screen combat, considering how much she apparently likes practicing MMA in real life.

Last edited:
Andy Serkis to Star and Direct LORD OF THE RINGS: THE HUNT FOR GOLLUM, Set for 2026 Release

Photo-Credit-%C2%A9-HarperCollinsPublishers-Ltd.-1.png

Warner Bros. has made it official: It will be returning to Middle-earth.

On Warner Bros. Discovery’s first-quarter earnings conference call on Thursday, CEO David Zaslav said that the company is “now in the early stages of script development” for new Lord of the Rings movies, which he says they “anticipate releasing in 2026” and will “explore storylines yet to be told.”

The first film, from New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. Pictures, will be called Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum (working title), with Andy Serkis set to star and direct the feature,

Zaslav says that director Peter Jackson and his longtime writing partners Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens “will be involved every step of the way.” Boyens and Walsh will write the screenplay. The deal covers two films in the franchise.

“It is an honor and a privilege to travel back to Middle-earth with our good friend and collaborator, Andy Serkis, who has unfinished business with that stinker — Gollum!,” Jackson, Boyens and Walsh said in a statement. “As life long fans of Professor Tolkien’s vast mythology, we are proud to be working with [WBD film chiefs] Mike De Luca, Pam Abdy and the entire team at Warner Bros. on another epic adventure!”

“Yesssss, Precious. The time has come once more to venture into the unknown with my dear friends, the extraordinary and incomparable guardians of Middle-earth Peter, Fran and Philippa,” added Serkis. “With Mike and Pam, and the Warner Bros team on the quest as well, alongside WETA and our film making family in New Zealand, it’s just all too delicious… .”

Lord of the Rings is one of the most successful and revered franchises in history and presents a significant opportunity for our theatrical business,” Zaslav said.

WBD first said that it was developing new LOTR movies a little over a year ago, cutting a deal with rights holders Embracer Group AB to develop new films based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s book series.

“For over two-decades, moviegoers have embraced the Lord of the Rings film trilogy because of the undeniable devotion Peter, Fran and Philippa have shown towards protecting the legacy of Tolkien’s works, and to ensure audiences could experience the incredible world he created in a way that honors his literary vision,” Abdy and De Luca added. “We are honored they have agreed be our partners on these two new films. With Andy coming aboard to direct Lord of the Rings: The Hunt for Gollum (working title), we continue an important commitment to excellence that is a true hallmark of how we all want to venture ahead and further contribute to the Lord of the Rings cinematic history.”

Donnie Yen to Star in John Wick Spinoff Movie Centering on His Caine Assassin Character

ZYwmyzx.jpeg

Lionsgate is developing a John Wick spinoff movie around Donnie Yen’s Caine assassin character. Yen will reprise his John Wick: Chapter 4 role in the untitled project set to shoot in Hong Kong in 2025. The franchise expanding film, with no director yet announced, will follow the events of John Wick 4 as Caine has been freed from his obligations to the High Table.

The project also follows Yen, a veteran Hong Kong action hero, pushing back against what he claimed were Asian stereotypes in the original script for John Wick 4. After some prodding, John Wick 4 director Chad Stahelski agreed to change the name and clothes for Yen’s character.

China-born Yen is a household name internationally thanks to his hugely popular and acclaimed Ip Man movie series, and he has crossed over to Hollywood with outings in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which grossed over a billion dollars, and Disney’s live-action remake of Mulan. And Yen looks to have put his questioning of his John Wick universe character behind him.

“Working on John Wick: Chapter 4 was an extraordinary experience. The reason these films resonate so deeply is because, like myself, Chad, Basil and Erica push themselves to create action, fights and stunts that are not only thrilling, inventive and artistic, but also expressive of character, story and emotion. Caine is an incredible character with a haunted past, and I am excited to return to the role,” Yen said in a statement.

Stahelski is developing the spinoff movie around Yen’s Caine character as part of a recently announced deal with Lionsgate to expand the John Wick universe. The latest movie after the Ballerina spinoff will be overseen by the franchise producers, Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk and Erica Lee and Stahelski, who produces through his 87Eleven Entertainment production banner.

The untitled Caine project has a screenplay being written by Robert Askins.

“From the moment Donnie Yen appeared on screen in John Wick: Chapter 4, he captivated audiences and created an authentic, emotional connection that left an indelible mark and had fans asking for more,” Adam Fogelson, chair of the Lionsgate Motion Picture Group, said in his own statement.

Back