Michel Pereira vs. Ihor Potieria was one of the worst beatdowns I've seen recently

The crazy thing is that Michel is a former WW while Potieria is a former LHW.

And Pereira looked slightly bigger
Pereira actually split his time between WW, MW and sometimes even LHW before he hit the UFC.

He tried committing to WW to maximize his size like so many guys do, but now that he's back to his more natural weight he's finally putting on great performances. Night and day from what he used to be.

Give Michel Pereira a top 5 guy.
His skills are far better than DDP's anyway.
He got better hands, better kicks, better submissions and his arsenal is about three times the size

He's entertaining and 8:0 now

Without the DQ and the gassing doing flips, he would be 13:0 now

The crazy thing is that Michel is a former WW while Potieria is a former LHW.

And Pereira looked slightly bigger

Plenty of Welterweights can beat Light Heavyweights, Light Heavyweight is that bad. Did Luque KO Thiago Santos? I know Adlan Amagov starched Anthony Smith. Now Michel Pereira vs Igor. Would Khamzat beat Poatan? I'd bet on it. Leon vs Oezdemir? I'll take Leon.

Plenty of Welterweights can beat Light Heavyweights, Light Heavyweight is that bad. Did Luque KO Thiago Santos? I know Adlan Amagov starched Anthony Smith. Now Michel Pereira vs Igor. Would Khamzat beat Poatan? I'd bet on it. Leon vs Oezdemir? I'll take Leon.
Or maybe some people cut too much weight and were in the wrong weight class.

Taking Leon over Oezdemir is next-level delusion. What is with this topic and bizarre, nonsensical opinions?

I like Michel, but I think he is over achieving. Not sure how he does against the top guys, but if he can keep it up that would be great too. Just think he is getting 'lucky' so far, but the top of the division will always show your true colors. Its time for us to find out.

Dude will never live down the Connelly loss. Battered with ease by a guy half his size on five days notice.
I didn’t even remember that until you mention it, so yeah I would say he has lived it down, all people think about when Michel is the 3 brutal first round finishes he has gotten in the last 3 fights.

Pereira actually split his time between WW, MW and sometimes even LHW before he hit the UFC.

He tried committing to WW to maximize his size like so many guys do, but now that he's back to his more natural weight he's finally putting on great performances. Night and day from what he used to be.
Yep, just goes to show how dumb weight cutting is.

Back