News Matt Brown retires: "I'm out"

Glad he got one last swan song and hope he can enjoy the rest of his life now. Brutal fighter and always went for the kill win or lose. Easy holder of some of the best gifs.

Well that rules out Brown vs Nick Diaz.....

He is getting pretty old and who knows what kind of fights the UFC is offfering him if any to keep interested. Great fng career though, always enjoyed watching him fight.

Always brought the violence. Never forget. o7

Damn. Sad to hear. But totally understandable.

Wouldn't have thought watching him on TUF back in 2008 that he'd have a 16 year UFC run. Massive overachiever and a very fun fighter to watch

"Coffee, deadlifts, death metal, elbows" What a guy.

Surprised not to see a big thread on this already. Matt Brown announced his retirement on social media.

Brown was one of my absolute all time favorites to watch. Tough as hell and always entertaining. Also, his fighting style, with its emphasis on clinch violence always made him seem like one of the most "real" and least "sport" types of fighters in the UFC.

Dude was an absolute beast. Absolute legend.

I'm glad he is getting out now. Given his age and history of substances, I don't think sticking around in a post USADA UFC would have been very good for him. I don't know if that entered into his conscious decision or not, but I think it is a good move.

dude claims he watched dimebag darrell get capped up and did NOTHING.

bye bye.

There was a thread made yesterday when he actually retired, It just got pushed away by all the fight threads from last nights card

dude claims he watched dimebag darrell get capped up and did NOTHING.

bye bye.
Yeah cos he had a gun to fire back at the guy with the shotgun.

People's selective outrage is hilarious.

There was a thread made yesterday when he actually retired, It just got pushed away by all the fight threads from last nights card
Ah. It didn't come up when I searched. This new website layout is beyond me.

Reactions: HHJ
kgU9KfZ.gif

Yeah cos he had a gun to fire back at the guy with the shotgun.

People's selective outrage is hilarious.
some of your facts are mixed up, so ill let you self educate.

One of the most entertaining fighters to ever do it. Amazing, violence filled career. Thanks for the memories Matt!

Legend. Thanks for the many memories Matt. The Immortal will never be forgotten

Forever grateful for beating Jeremy May...

Back