Lomachenko vs Kambosos Jr ESPN+ May 11th

i think Tank's best win is probably Santa Cruz. but yeah i have no clue why Shakur and him havent fought yet. or why Tank has never fought Loma, even though that is a fight that has been discussed for at least five years now.
i dont think anyone cares to see Shakur fight anymore except maybe Floyd fanboys looking for the 2.0 version. but Tank vs Loma would be very exciting, it should happen. not sure who id give the edge to.
I asked who his best win is at LW. Tank fought LSC at SFW. Overall he may be Tank's best win but he's not a lightweight. LSC made his name years ago at the lower weight classes.

According to Bob Arum Loma is open to facing Shakur this year. After he beats Kambosos I expect we'll see it by the end of the year. The fight is simple to make.

“Lomachenko (17-3, 11 KOs) decided when he was presented with the Stevenson fight to take off the remainder of this year. Arum informed BoxingScene.com that the two-time Olympic gold medalist would be open to facing Stevenson in 2024, however, in what would still be one of the biggest fights that can be made in the 135-pound division.”

Shakur Stevenson: When I Smoke Loma, World Would Understand That I Really Am The Truth

He didn't duck Shakur. He wanted time off according to Bob Arum himself who promotes them both. If you want to see what ducking actually looks like, Canelo recently ducking Benavidez is a shining example. Or Tank avoiding Loma for 7 years. Those are ducks. Loma, even at 36, will fight Shakur soon. That's my prediction. Let's see if I'm right.
There is not point arguing with this fool. He has proven to Loma hater and is just talking out of his a**. Just ignore him.

There is not point arguing with this fool. He has proven to Loma hater and is just talking out of his a**. Just ignore him.
He's not talking out of his ass completely. Loma did turn down a WBC fight with Shakur recently because he wanted some time off to rest and due to the war. Now that he's had his time off he's looking to fight for the vacant IBF title. Kambosos is the guy he needs to fight according to their rankings.

Like I just said, I expect Loma to fight Shakur soon. Probably by the end of the year. If Loma handles his business with Kambosos then it'll be a title unification fight with Shakur. An even bigger fight than it would've been months ago when neither held a title.

BTW if some of you are actually going to accuse Loma of "ducking" Shakur for wanting some time off then let's not forget that he turned down Haney initially. He vacated his WBC title for that "Franchise" distinction in order to fight Teo. Forget that he eventually fought Haney and in his own backyard. Then, before he "ducked" Shakur, he also turned down a big fight against then unified champ Kambosos. Loma's 'excuse' was that he wanted to defend his country (fought on the frontlines). Will he ever fight Kambosos? He's fighting him next and on his own turf. There seems to be a pattern here whenever Loma is alleged to have "ducked" fighters in his division.

So go post somewhere else then. I post here. If you have a problem with it, feel free to post elsewhere. @Kovalev's "Man Bag" is a grown man, he doesn't need you to police our conversations, nor do I. This is the boxing forum, not the Loma fan club forum. Contribute to the conversation or get lost.

BTW if some of you are actually going to accuse Loma of "ducking" Shakur for wanting some time off then let's not forget that he turned down Haney initially. He vacated his WBC title for that "Franchise" distinction in order to fight Teo. Forget that he eventually fought Haney and in his own backyard. Then, before he "ducked" Shakur, he also turned down a big fight against then unified champ Kambosos. Loma's 'excuse' was that he wanted to defend his country (fought on the frontlines). Will he ever fight Kambosos? He's fighting him next and on his own turf. There seems to be a pattern here whenever Loma is alleged to have "ducked" fighters in his division.
First off, I can't stand Shakur, I want to make that clear.

That said, Shakur went to George's fight and told him to his face that he lost and he was going to fight Loma, and Kambosos was plan B.

Loma chose the easier option, period. Shakur was available. He has no fight lined up.

First off, I can't stand Shakur, I want to make that clear.

That said, Shakur went to George's fight and told him to his face that he lost and he was going to fight Loma, and Kambosos was plan B.

Loma chose the easier option, period. Shakur was available. He has no fight lined up.
The easier option coming off a loss at 36 years of age? Who wouldn't. Just because Loma isn't fighting Shakur next doesn't mean it's a duck. As I just proved Loma has turned down other fights before. He still fought those guys and the "waited out" thing wouldn't apply. He's much older than both Kambosos and Haney.

Loma doesn’t want to fight Shakur because Skakur will stink out the joint and win on the cards whatever happens

Loma doesn’t want to fight Shakur because Skakur will stink out the joint and win on the cards whatever happens
I wouldn't be shocked if Loma outpointed Shakur actually but Kambosos is still clearly the easier fight.

I wouldn't be shocked if Loma outpointed Shakur actually but Kambosos is still clearly the easier fight.
He should finish Kambo if he’s got anything left.

I think he could outwork Shakur but would get diddled on the cards.

It’s as bad a take as I’ve ever seen on here. You can’t fight guys who won’t fight you. It’s not hard to read between the lines when you look at his resume compared to his peers. Add to that he’s fighting about 3 weight classes higher than he should be, against fuckin weight bullies who have to rely on home town decisions to keep their titles.
Well there’s other ways to perceive what we’ve seen. Jorge Linares is not a great win, Loma was a “weight bully” vs Rigo, and when Loma tried to safely add to his resume a young barely tested, barely able to make 135 (drained) Teo, he got himself outboxed. If Teo wasn’t such a headcase with low ring IQ, looking too hard for a HL KO 2nd half he’d have won wider. Haney was 1-2 punches at a time, and still successfully outboxed Loma. Let’s not get it twisted too much here, pressure is on Loma to prove doubters wrong and win a big one, not on fans to apply special handicaps to his career so he can have a contextual edge.

That said if you get past the wall of hype you have a fast athletic and brave fighter who will put on an entertaining scrap with just about anyone. If fans could stick to that and not embellish his already good enough career with sugarcoating to make it seem like he’s still undefeated, maybe other fans wouldn’t cringe so fucking hard whenever this shit stirred up again.

I say be a fan of fighters and the sport in general, not “winners” or who ever is currently doing good only
see that’s the thing. Lomas still a factor in the division, especially now, but it’s not wrong to say you don’t like him. I get it. I’d still like to see him vs Tank, not because I think he wins (though he could maybe) but because I think it’s just a good fight. Honestly, for that I’ll keep tuning in to see him do his rapid high energy thing, even if I think he’s insane fighting like that in his 30s

Well there’s other ways to perceive what we’ve seen. Jorge Linares is not a great win, Loma was a “weight bully” vs Rigo, and when Loma tried to safely add to his resume a young barely tested, barely able to make 135 (drained) Teo, he got himself outboxed. If Teo wasn’t such a headcase with low ring IQ, looking too hard for a HL KO 2nd half he’d have won wider. Haney was 1-2 punches at a time, and still successfully outboxed Loma. Let’s not get it twisted too much here, pressure is on Loma to prove doubters wrong and win a big one, not on fans to apply special handicaps to his career so he can have a contextual edge.

That said if you get past the wall of hype you have a fast athletic and brave fighter who will put on an entertaining scrap with just about anyone. If fans could stick to that and not embellish his already good enough career with sugarcoating to make it seem like he’s still undefeated, maybe other fans wouldn’t cringe so fucking hard whenever this shit stirred up again.

I say be a fan of fighters and the sport in general, not “winners” or who ever is currently doing good only

see that’s the thing. Lomas still a factor in the division, especially now, but it’s not wrong to say you don’t like him. I get it. I’d still like to see him vs Tank, not because I think he wins (though he could maybe) but because I think it’s just a good fight. Honestly, for that I’ll keep tuning in to see him do his rapid high energy thing, even if I think he’s insane fighting like that in his 30s
Outboxed? Even though Loma lost on the official cards he outlanded Haney in total punches, jabs, and power punches. I don't even remember Haney's jab or counterpunching ever being a factor. It was his body work (in the form of leads) that he relied on mostly. Later in the fight Haney himself admitted to his father in the corner that Loma had figured him out.

Outboxed? Even though Loma lost on the official cards he outlanded Haney in total punches, jabs, and power punches. I don't even remember Haney's jab or counterpunching ever being a factor. It was his body work (in the form of leads) that he relied on mostly. Later in the fight Haney himself admitted to his father in the corner that Loma had figured him out.
Like I said, he did 1 or 2 shots at a time. I fairly criticized him going into my statement. Loma figured him out too late.

Like I said, he did 1 or 2 shots at a time. I fairly criticized him going into my statement. Loma figured him out too late.
Loma may've figured him out too late but it was still enough for Haney to deny him a rematch. Same as Teo but at least he beat Loma clearly. Haney didn't.

Loma may've figured him out too late but it was still enough for Haney to deny him a rematch. Same as Teo but at least he beat Loma clearly. Haney didn't.
I feel like Loma has a real chance in key fights at the weight, but he first must obliterate Kambosos, then I’d like to see Tank/Loma… Shakur, not so much. But he might beat Steveson, even it sounds like a terrible fight. Is DLS still at the weight? That’d be a dynamite fight if they traded.

I feel like Loma has a real chance in key fights at the weight, but he first must obliterate Kambosos, then I’d like to see Tank/Loma… Shakur, not so much. But he might beat Steveson, even it sounds like a terrible fight. Is DLS still at the weight? That’d be a dynamite fight if they traded.
I think Tank vs Loma has lost a lot of its luster due to the latter's recent losses. Pre-Teo interest was at its peak. Even post-Teo there was still a decent amount of interest. But now? It's declined significantly I'd say. People will still watch but it's not what it could've been. A much bigger fight. I'd rather see Tank fight Shakur first. We don't even know who the best American lightweight is which that fight would settle. With Haney, Teo and Garcia having left the division it's essentially just Loma, Tank and Shakur now at the very top. You can throw Zepeda in there. Half of the division's talent moved north.

I don't agree that Teo was drained. His own business is to sign contracts more comfortable for him....and he openly had told that for him is difficult to make weight and he is large for this weight class.

While I don't agree that Teo had low ring IQ, in no case.
I was surprised that Teo managed to keep discipline during all fight vs Loma and....he didn't anything dirty. It was easy to see that Teo actually is doing all the best in his abilities to follow rules and this surprised me.
Yes, he underestimated Kambosos but this doesn't mean that he is bad boxer. Even HOF materials had some L on their records and this obsession that boxer should have holy 0 ....is modern thing since Don King TV yelling: listen, this is my prospect ( G man ) and he is UNDEFEATED!!!

A lot of great and famous boxers had some L in their records.
While modern trend is to fight bums in order to keep holy 0. Old slogan is: if you fight bums you will become one.....

Last edited:
Linares vs Loma for me was best his fight to see....Linares managed to make Loma real problems and bout was fun to watch.
Campbell was already too large for Loma, while obviously Campbell isn't finisher and still he was able to make weight mainly cos skinny legs....

Loma when was 20+ y.o without problems managed to make 126 lbs weight in limit and unlike Salido didn't had rushed to drink water immediately after had failed make weight ins in limit according to signed contract instead to use extra time for attempt to make weight in 2 nd weight in attempt.

Back