Kpop/Jpop Music Station Thread

Is Jrock ok? This isn't actually Jrock but rather a couple of acoustic covers of a Jrock song by the band THEE MICHELLE GUN ELEPHANT. They are my current obsession. So much so that I'm so far down the rabbit hole that I'm watching these girls cover this song and I just can't get enough. TMGE were a rock band from Japan that started in 1991 and broke up around 2003. Since then, both the lead singer and guitar player have passed away. But it almost brings a tear to my eye to see the younger generation keeping their music alive.

This song is called World's End

Her guitar skills are quite good. Abe Futoshi would be proud.

I can't understand the words but that doesn't matter because I can feel them. I think thats a big part of the appeal for me with TMGE, the passion with which Chiba Yusuke sang. I can feel these songs.

I love everything about this video. I love the setting.

original by TMGE

another cover

There are a bunch of live concert video's of THEE MICHELLE GUN ELEPHANT on Youtube that are worth checking out. These guys were the epitome of cool. Wish I could have seen them back in the day.

Last edited:
Is Jrock ok? This isn't actually Jrock but rather a couple of acoustic covers of a Jrock song by the band THEE MICHELLE GUN ELEPHANT. They are my current obsession. So much so that I'm so far down the rabbit hole that I'm watching these girls cover this song and I just can't get enough. TMGE were a rock band from Japan that started in 1991 and broke up around 2003. Since then, both the lead singer and guitar player have passed away. But it almost brings a tear to my eye to see the younger generation keeping their music alive.
Nice songs you got there Jack. It was @Augustus Caesar who knows a lot of Jpop/rock songs. I definitely have listened to a lot of J-rock songs in the past, mostly from anime. Japs are really in another level in making music.

I can't understand the words but that doesn't matter because I can feel them. I think thats a big part of the appeal for me with TMGE, the passion with which Chiba Yusuke sang. I can feel these songs.
I definitely can relate to this. In kpop, apart from the visuals and aesthetics, and though I barely understand the word meanings, I can feel the songs and they can change my mood in an instant. That's the beauty of music

One of your videos reminds me of Korean Pop Rock band Seo Taiji and The Boys, also known as the fathers of Kpop. They changed the music landscape in Korea in 1991 and made what Kpop it is today.

Nice songs you got there Jack. It was @Augustus Caesar who knows a lot of Jpop/rock songs. I definitely have listened to a lot of J-rock songs in the past, mostly from anime. Japs are really in another level in making music.

I definitely can relate to this. In kpop, apart from the visuals and aesthetics, and though I barely understand the word meanings, I can feel the songs and they can change my mood in an instant. That's the beauty of music

One of your videos reminds me of Korean Pop Rock band Seo Taiji and The Boys, also known as the fathers of Kpop. They changed the music landscape in Korea in 1991 and made what Kpop it is today.

Thank you for that. That song is a good example of what I mean about "feeling" a song I don't understand. And I love watching the crowd's reaction to the music. Everyone seems to be having a great time. I miss @Augustus Caesar.

I was never fully into the J-rock stuff growing up. I only listened to a couple groups like Dir en Grey and Malice Mizer. Both are Visual kei style of J-rock where they dress up and wear a lot of make up. lol But the music was pretty good imo.

Back