Khalil Rountree Seeks Five-Round Main Event for Next UFC Appearance

Main Event?

• Total voters
Apex is always in need of new names, he delivered last time out.

Although I'm a fan of Roundtree's story, he hasn't beaten anybody. The UFC has given him every possible scrub to beat since his Cutalaba loss aside from Jacoby and its arguable he lost that fight. He still needs to prove it vs. a name before a main event.

4 fight winning streak and the most exciting KO puncher in the LHW division since Rumble. I'd say give him a shot at the top 5.
Too much of a jump likely. Khalil isn’t even in the top 10 and just beat an unranked in the division. Someone in the 6-9 realm seems more reasonable. If he passes that then you give him the top 5 dosent help a lot of the guys ahead of him are already currently booked.

Krylov or Rakic would be good with me.

It depends on the opponent. Some fight night cards have worse main events.

No offense to Khalil but that's a pretty shitty main event even by apex standard so I voted pass.

*But if they're ever desperate or a top LHW needs a replacement fight that bad sure.

Definitely it would be a banger - I could see it as a co-Main event . Unlikely it would go past 3 rounds and most likely it would be a 1st round finish with Krylov as the favorite but Rountree is very dangerous coming forward.

...but Krylov is more deserving of fighting someone ranked above him , Rountree needs another win or two before getting a top ten fighter at 205

Last edited:
Probably not, but I don't think him or anyone expects a PPV main event. A fight night main would be fine though. Plenty of fighters who don't have any great wins have main evented those.

I mean, who had Luque beaten? His best win is the ghost of Woodley.

Strickland's another great example. Look at him and the opponent's he's main evented against. He himself? His best win is probably Jack Hermannson, who doesn't have any great wins.

Strickland's last two fights have been main events. He Nassouradine and Abus. Neither of those dudes have beaten anyone. Rountree actually has better wins than both of those guys.

I say give it to Rountree just because he's probably the most exciting finisher in MMA. Some of his finishing sequences have just been total brutality. That time his opponent fell to hands and knees and he just soccer kicked the fuck out of his sides. Or when he dropped Roberson, side kicked Roberson full force while Roberson was on his knees, and then tried to death stomp him and missed lol.
Khalil is one of the most brutal guys in the sport. Add that to his win streak and you have someone who is not entirely out of place headlining FN event

Khalil is one of the most brutal guys in the sport. Add that to his win streak and you have someone who is not entirely out of place headlining FN event

Yeh, I'm all for it. He's way more deserving than some of those other names I mentioned that have been headlining FNs.

Abus and Imavov lol.

giphy.gif

Please let this man pound on Anthony Smith. LOTS of leg kicks. And I hope the ref has something in his eye or is zoned out and gives the latest stoppage in UFC history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back