Interstellar - does the plot make sense?

But yet it still holds you together, like a mother holds her newborn baby! Now that's love right there!
True, but magnets keep themselves apart, much like we humans do. So yea…. How do magnets work really work?!!! ICP bless

True, but magnets keep themselves apart, much like we humans do. So yea…. How do magnets work really work?!!! ICP bless

But that depends on which side of the magnet you try to attack the magnet! If you attach it at the other end it sticks, just like love keeps people together. Damn physics, you so loving!

The weirdest/most unbelievable part of that movie for me was the fact that there somehow was, like, a 100-meter high wave of water yet the depth of that ocean is only a few feet.

So, what, on the other side of that wave is no water whatsoever? It's all loaded up in that giant wave?
Tsunamis pull masses of water when coming in. So in front it kinda made sense. Except they would have felt the water rushing towards the wave. After it, yeah, I suppose it should have been deep.

Edit: Apparently Kip Thorne, the science adviser did the math on how it would functionally work. The planet isn’t shallow, it’s that the hourly massive tidal bore waves use so much water that the water they stand in ends up shallow.
IMG_6360.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s many years in the future. The teacher makes a comment about how Cooper drives that beat up, old truck and it was a new-ish Ram for when the movie came out

B1UWJYnCcAAKcul.jpg:large

LoL, of course you notice the truck comment😄

Essentially passing through the black hole, time was a physical dimension that he could access those timelines to create the signs that led to it. That explanation made more sense than human’s creating a wormhole. Like any time traveling movie concept, a paradox is usually created.

It’s many years in the future. The teacher makes a comment about how Cooper drives that beat up, old truck and it was a new-ish Ram for when the movie came out

B1UWJYnCcAAKcul.jpg:large
That's dumb asf if that is the only reference to the time frame. Lol people still drive old ass vehicles around today. Does that mean we are actually living in the future? Ha ha ha

That's dumb asf if that is the only reference to the time frame. Lol people still drive old ass vehicles around today. Does that mean we are actually living in the future? Ha ha ha
There’s also the scene where they go to to the baseball game and the “world famous Yankees” are playing in front of 500 people at little league park. So major league sports have dissolved. Then Cooper makes a comment to TARS how he has drones like him mowing his yard, so autonomous robots doing human functions is the norm. So there’s things like that hinting that society has both fallen apart and advanced technologically at the same time. It was a very grounded and subtle dystopian future but still a dystopian future

Tsunamis pull masses of water when coming in. So in front it kinda made sense. Except they would have felt the water rushing towards the wave. After it, yeah, I suppose it should have been deep.

Edit: Apparently Kip Thorne, the science adviser did the math on how it would functionally work. The planet isn’t shallow, it’s that the hourly massive tidal bore waves use so much water that the water they stand in ends up shallow.
View attachment 1043985

Damn, yo!

What is it you think the point of Interstellar was?
THe point of Interstellar is to explore concepts like time and blackholes in some inter galaxy setting, with some philosophical questions like the place of love and mankind in the universe. You can flip around the above statement 10 times and come up with 10 better answers but the best answer will be some variation of the above. That is the obvious point of that movie - not only stunning visuals and suspence.

Hmmm. Maybe you are, and maybe you’re not. I guess it depends on what you think it was trying to do in totality. Most SF, which is my favorite genre of fiction, often tries to make one think about a great many things, but only a few can really say they have an exact message they are trying to get across to the consumer. I myself would lump Interstellar into the former category. Though I would love to hear your thoughts on what you believe they are trying to say.
Well I haven't watched too many SF movies (and don't watch a lot of movies at all) but "what they are trying to say" in my opinion is that time spent with your loved ones is the most precious thing. That's the message. Then, they convey it by the means of exploring notions like time and other astrophysics concepts like blackholes. The latter is the point of the movie. You don't watch Interstellar without the point in mind, otherwise you miss the core of the movie, which is perfectly fine, but then don't say that there is no point in analysing Interstellar because we don't do it for John Wick. That's an incredibly bumb statement.

Movie was like a 9 before that ending, and a 6-7 after that ending.

Back