How tf do you explain Aldo?

extremely talented, athletically gifted and focused.

while getting older and losing athleticism he compensated sharpening his tools: i don't remember many guys still upgrading their skills after 20 years as professionals.

Jose Aldo is the greatest Featherweight of all time, one of the best pure athletes in MMA history. He's also fairly massive for 135lbs and to he honest, matches up well vs a still largely unproven Martinez. Martinez hype comes from his decision win vs Said Nurmagomedov...who most scored for Said, a controversial decision. And the other is Martinez beating Yanez who was a talented and hyped but unproven prospect who's since been pretty fucking exposed.

I don't think Aldo at this stage is winning any titles but honestly, there's a lot of exposable top 10 guys he can still beat like Chito (he already did but could again, Chito isn't good) probably Font and Cejudo too.
Him vs cejudo is a fire match up

extremely talented, athletically gifted and focused.

while getting older and losing athleticism he compensated sharpening his tools: i don't remember many guys still upgrading their skills after 20 years as professionals.
That's really the thing that makes him still productive as a fighter, his willingness to improve the things he can.

His leg kicks are still top tier, but now he uses them sparingly, and focuses on keeping his timing and hand speed.

Truly an amazing talent tbf sir.

Back