How terrible were DC and Felder together in the Main Event?

Fact Checker

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This is exactly why the UFC pairs DC up with Dom or Bisping to push back on his ridiculously biased takes.

Both Felder and DC are good individual analysts but when paired together they’re an echo chamber of stupidity… they spent the entire fight glazing Erceg while downplaying Pantojas pressure and dominance on the ground.

Might be sone of the worst commentating I’ve heard on a Main Event in a while…

What did you guys think of the commentary tonight? Should DC just stick to X’s and O’s?

I try not to pay much attention to commenting and enjoy the fight.

I think they blow but this was acutally better called than usual

DC is one of my all-time favorite fighters, but he's ear cancer on the mic.

Half the time, he just repeats what his co-commentators have been saying, and the other half, he just chimes in with irrelevant stories and jokes that only he finds amusing.

DC and Felder is a high level partnership.

I thought it was fine and the fights were great.

I was pretty confused by their commentary.

Round 1 goes as expected. With pretty typical commentary.

Round 2 Erceg shows great technique and arguably takes it but they’re DEMANDING it’s a dominate Erceg round

Round 3 was pretty easily Pantoja but they’re absolutely convince the elbow and left hook won Erceg a round he clearly showed signs of frustration in. Pantoja landed some damage all round long and they’re ranting about how control without damage is pretty much useless.

Round 4 was a clear Erceg round where he landed a decent amount of damage but they were talking like Pantoja was surviving hammers from his chin alone.

Round 5 felt fairly called but I don’t think the slickness of Pantoja was given enough credit… Erceg made a mistake with the takedowns but the way Oantoja countered was pretty unexpected. Dude rolled into a leg lock sweep like he was grappling a child which was just a beautiful display….. not like Gane getting reversed by low level grappling Ngannou

The machinery behind the Erceg push is baffling. The guy is really good, but honestly what the fuck? Pantoja works as a Taxi driver to pay the bills and gambles on himself to make it in the UFC. Steve's just like "Dad I think I want to fight" and he Dad goes OK SON, YOU BEAT YOUR OLD MAN, LETS MAKE A TEAM BUILT AROUND YOU and boom- the full force of the UFC is now behind the most devastating striker with only 4 fights in the UFC in UFC History.

Steve is like if a bird fought and killed all of its friends as a sacrifice to ascend to a more human form. That beak though.

I enjoyed it. I think they have better chemistry together than some of the other combinations

Extremely terrible. It was the first thing I noticed when the prelims started, so it wasn't just the main event. They should really just have Anik plus one other guy only. Three's a crowd.

Extremely terrible. It was the first thing I noticed when the prelims started, so it wasn't just the main event. They should really just have Anik plus one other guy only. Three's a crowd.

They should just do 3 Anik’s, all tuned differently

Back