Going out by yourself

20240217-163600.jpg

Would.

Almost always

Always been a loner but I usually wind up at a sports bar watching by myself and talking with the folks at the bar

Nightclubs and concerts are the only places I usually don’t go alone to. Concerts are always better with other people but I don’t frequent nightclubs anymore so that’s not a problem

I used to. Now I just..... never want to go anywhere. I only really leave the house to get booze, weed, food, or to go to work. When I get food I just go through a drive thru or walk a couple blocks over and get a pizza.

I'm an introvert, so generally pretty comfortable doing things alone. That said, going out to eat(where someone serves you) or a bar(where you're not a regular) feels awkward, so I generally avoid. Hoping to get to a point where I just dgaf about stigmas and such.

I have no problem doing things alone. In fact I prefer it sometimes.

I love traveling alone too. I've gone to a couple foreign countries alone and it was great because I didn't need to worry about what someone else wanted or needed to do. I was on my own time and schedule.

I usually get it To Go and have it in my vehicle like a real shmuck

I will go to a diner by myself whenever I can. A few over here have full bars and pretty good food. Sit and watch some tv, eat a chicken fried steak, have a drink or 3.

Very approachable so I make the best of it. Movies not a big deal because I show up when previews are going on, watch the movie, and then immediately leave. Would have barely talked even if I went with someone. A lot of the actives I do I try to connect with staffs members or the athletes themselves. Just some examples of how I still interact even when going solo

-At the PGA events if you know the caddies first name and call them they will usually always come talk to you. A lot of them love having actual real fans talk to them and the athletes instead of just drunk dudes screaming "get in the hole". Will talk about the course, strategies, recent renovations/changes. They fucking love it. Last event I went to I talked to Jordan Spieths coach (Cameron McCormick) and the conversation ended with him inviting me to their home club for a free round of golf. Also talk to the volunteers and spotters and once again great chance to hear good stories and get invited to be a guest at other clubs

- Local MMA events I'll talk to coaches I recognize and will talk to at least 5 or 6 of the fighters and they all fucking love it. Last local MMA event I went to I talked to 3 coaches who all fought in the UFC (johnny beford, TJ waldburger, Derrick Krantz). Fights that were really good I would talk to the winning fighter when they would walk around and they loved talking. Most people are rude to the staff members so I'll always be real nice and chatty. Ended up getting free beer from one stand because they all have TVs of the action and they where asking about what exactly happened in a controversial fight that had just aired. Explained it to them and they where like enjoy (free beer !!)

- Smaller concerts (less than 3000 people in attendance) it's really easy to talk directly with the opening band and still somewhat easy to talk to some of the band members of the headline. Billy Idol I was chatting up some of the staff and they told me where to find him and Steve Stevens. They could tell I was a real fan so they hooked me up. Last concert I went to which was pretty small venue I could tell one of the ladies walking around was directly staff of the band so I chatted her up and she told me where to go to meet Jakob Dylan once the show was over. Metal shows is a niche crowd so talking to other fans if fun as well.

There's a comic/hobby shop about ten minutes from my house. For about two months now I've been saying I'm going to go in a day off. See if I can meet some nerds to play cards or games with. And I get 3 to 4 days off a week so I have the time.

But instead I just go out and get a case of beer, and sit in my tiny apartment and drink and drink and play videogames alone until it doesn't feel like the walls are closing in.

My place is so tiny it's claustrophobic. But I never want to leave the house because downtown is fucking ghetto and dirty, and I know from experience I don't enjoy going out to do things on my own. It just makes me feel even lonelier.

I must have watched 50 movies alone in the past 10 years.

<Fedor23>

I go to the cinema all of the time alone. A lot of the stuff I like to see isn't for everyone either. It's also hard as hell getting people together to go out.
And they'll all want to go to the movies when its more the evening time. I'd rather just go to a matinee when the theatre probably at most has five other people in it.

Its less awkward going out to eat by yourself if you sit at the bar or going out to eat in the afternoon.

I usually get stuff to go and come home and eat and watch tv. I don’t go out by myself but I don’t really like going out with people either .. I’d rather wait for a movie to be streaming as well
Me too. Sometimes it's nice to go to a restaurant and be served without dishes, but I wouldn't want to do it alone unless I'm out and about or out of town on business. Even then I'd rather eat at the hotel or in my car. Eating and streaming something goes hand in hand.

A theater release is always better with someone else too.

If you eat alone order food at the bar or counter area don't take up an entire table like a jerk.

Last edited:
Back