Who wins?

• Gillian

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • Michelle

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
The colour is to warn predators.

This isn't the flex you think it is.

That sounds like an excuse for being unattractive (physically or personality-wise). "Yeah, I'm doing it on purpose...because I don't want people to be interested in me! It's my choice to repel people!"

Can you imagine actually taking pride in the fact that people don't want to be around you?

Last edited:
Another Deion fest

Waterson has lost 6 of her last 7 fights. (4 fight skid currently) I imagine she’d retire after a loss here. I wonder if the UFC would keep her though if she didn’t want to hang them up. I respectfully think she’s very passed it in today’s women’s MMA, but she’s seemed to survive on her name. Been fighting for almost 20 years.

I almost want to pick Waterson here. I think she's old, shopworn, and has one foot out the door... but stylistically this is not a bad fight for her on paper. I think Michelle (an Atomweight masquerading as a Strawweight) will actually struggle more with the physicality of Gillian (a career Flyweight) than the offensive grappling itself. Waterson's TDD is, statistically speaking, pretty good. She fought Esparza in 2020 and stuffed nine of Carla's ten takedown attempts while also getting controlled for less than a minute, which is pretty remarkable. She also stuffed all five of Pinheiro's takedown attempts. Michelle in general, despite being known for her karate, has always been an underrated grappler (sort of like Pettis in that regard). She's never been afraid of going out there and wrestling with girls or submitting them. That being said, Marina just put a really bad beating on her and also managed to take her down despite being a pure striker... and she also got clubbed-and-subbed by a brawler in Lemos fairly recently. So it's possible that the version of Waterson we'll be getting here will be very diminished at nearly 40 years old fighting a much bigger girl who will be trying to drag her down and outgrapple her from bell-to-bell.

Conversely, as much as I like Gillian, her game falls apart completely if she can't secure her takedowns and positions on the mat right away. She has remarkably little to offer on the feet. Assuming Waterson stuffs her early, I could see her picking Gillian apart down the stretch with straight punches and side kicks.

Gillian has been looking pretty good lately and Waterson... not so much. Going with Gillian.

WATERSON IS THE SAM ALVEY OF WMMA

That sounds like an excuse for being unattractive (physically or personality-wise). "Yeah, I'm doing it on purpose...because I don't want people to be interested in me! It's my choice to repel people!"

Can you imagine actually taking pride in the fact that people don't want to be around you?

Yeah.

No one has ever liked brightly coloured jewels or flags, and people certainly don't drink brightly coloured milkshakes or ice creams.

Because frogs.

Yeah.

No one has ever liked brightly coloured jewels or flags, and people certainly don't drink brightly coloured milkshakes or ice creams.

Because frogs.

You understand that the context here is the person saying the bright colors are intended to be a warning, right? I'm not the one saying bright colors are bad; I'm just pointing out their rationale is questionable. (And if you were agreeing with me all along, of course feel free to ignore this.)

You understand that the context here is the person saying the bright colors are intended to be a warning, right? I'm not the one saying bright colors are bad; I'm just pointing out their rationale is questionable. (And if you were agreeing with me all along, of course feel free to ignore this.)
No, the context is that you apparently didn't understand what I was talking about.

Back