Freebie Alert Thread

I'm happy not to argue over this with you HG. Please air your concerns towards ts. I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

I am so confused right now, where am I?

Apparently, I have to air my concerns with you @Kaybee, even though, I didn't realize I had concerns. I posted freebies, in a freebie thread and were told they aren't free, wtf?

<{vega}>

Apparently, I have to air my concerns with you @Kaybee, even though, I didn't realize I had concerns. I posted freebies, in a freebie thread and were told they aren't free, wtf?

<{vega}>
bushpig is on your side... as I am. lots of free games on ps4 and xbox ..switch as well.

<{vega}>
I don't care if people post deals that are temporarily free in this thread. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind when creating the thread, but for many that just want to play a game for a week to beat it and never play it again it is basically the same for them anyways.

Feel free to post those deals!

bushpig is on your side... as I am. lots of free games on ps4 and xbox ..switch as well.

Thanks mate. Thread clearly states 100% free, which is fine imo, sometimes I wish I had a decent PC.

But I think Hyperglide came into the thread looking for an argument, one which he will lose, I just tried to save him the humiliation.

Look at where that got me.

Limbo will be free on the Epic store (July 18th-25th).

Thanks mate. Thread clearly states 100% free, which is fine imo, sometimes I wish I had a decent PC.

But I think Hyperglide came into the thread looking for an argument, one which he will lose, I just tried to save him the humiliation.

Look at where that got me.

This will be my last post about this, as I don't want to derail the thread. I didn't come in here "looking for an argument" where did you even draw that assumption? So don't insinuate that I was.

I replied to your post about free console games. So I posted free games available for players on Xbox Live as of the time of this post. Clearly looking to argue lol. If you, Bushpig, don't want the free games, then don't subscribe to the service. No one is forcing you too. But you aren't the only poster on Sherdog who uses XL.

I don't care if people post deals that are temporarily free in this thread. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind when creating the thread, but for many that just want to play a game for a week to beat it and never play it again it is basically the same for them anyways.

Feel free to post those deals!

That’s not how it works on PS4 and Xbox. When you get a free game through Gold or PS+ it’s yours to own forever as long as you maintain your subscription to the service, which if you want to play online you’d have to do anyway.

Anyone can contribute; I don't catch everything.

As for consoles, this thread is for games that are free to download to own forever, so games being temporarily free to play for a week or two via subscription do not qualify. I'm not sure if there are many instances of that happening on consoles, so that's why the list has been PC-centric
Usually Xbox gives you a full year to play for free so there's really no point in buying a game on Game Pass unless your back log is that big.

I'll usually scour Game Pass for games that I know I'll play within a month or so and won't pay for them. It seems like a lot of those games that are free on Steam are also on Gamepass.

Next week Epic Games is going to give 2 games (What!?)

Sem Título-2.jpg
giphy.gif

i dont get the free for a week thing? or temp free... once i download a game its mine...

i dont get the free for a week thing? or temp free... once i download a game its mine...
Xbox has a thing called Free Play Days for Gold members where a game will be free to play for set period of time before being locked again.

If you cancel your Gold subscription or let it run out then your Games with Gold downloads will also be unplayable, though I guess if you play online regularly that probably isn't gonna happen.

Anyways, I didn't want the thread to devolve into petty technicalities, Games with Gold for all practicality would probably be an equivalent to a true freebie, while Free Plays not so much

All games listed here are technically free as you get a $15 Amazon credit and they cost a max of $15. If you get Gears 4 you'll actually get $5 back.

Edit: must have Twitch Prime

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=19520441011

Last edited:
You can get game pass plus for 1$ for one month and get it extended for free for the same duration as your gold subscription so I have game pass till late july by paying 1$ and I can play descent games on xbox and PC but then again I don't play games now.

Free (Epic Store)

Sem Título-1.jpg

Epic is just throwin shit out there. Fuck them, but then again, free games.

One thing that bothers me is why Epic Games doesn't improve its platform (They could build a platform like Steam and this would attract more people than free games)

One thing that bothers me is why Epic Games doesn't improve its platform (They could build a platform like Steam and this would attract more people than free games)

Like with, I dunno, categories, real search functionality? It's insane to me that they couldn't bother, in 2018, to figure any of this online storefront stuff out, considering EA employs rhesus monkeys as 80% of the their stuff and got it done years ago.

I picked up Sniper Elite 4. I have been enjoyed it a lot.
had a quick play of this, the slow-mo headshots are pretty cool

downloaded the wipeout omega collection too which was fun as i've not played wipeout since the first one on playstation

Back