Dumb things people do to their houses

I don't even like the lawns or landscape I just like cement all over the house it is just extra water bill and water waste to have a lawn. I find a lawn purely ornamental with no function.
When I bought a house I looked for one that was in the woods and had no grass and couldn't be happier. Plus when I see big lawns I think about all that wasted Garden Space.

This shit drives me crazy. Why would you install permanent cabinets that will forever limit the kind of TV you own?

These people are stuck with a 45 inch TV forever. Unless they want to tear up that wall just to replace a TV.

il_794xN.1463567517_oj73.jpg
well.... in their defense :
1) they might just be the sort of people who keep a TV til it dies, 5yrs, 8yrs, 10yrs..... maybe.

2) You could easily squeeze in a TV 6inch bigger diagonal than that one, looking at the space available.

3) If you DID want to upgrade it in that space, you just buy a wall-mounted TV metal mount (one that allows the TV to point left / right / up / down adjustable and that also moves OUT from the wall area) ---- you could have a TV 12 to 14inches bigger than that one, it would just sit slightly in front of the recessed alcove, which I admit is a bit silly but do-able.

4) this looks like a "Games area" or a "Kids go watch TV in your area" or whatever. Not the main lounge area and I bet there's probably 2 or 3 other large TVs in the house. If they wanna upgrade, they'll prob ignore this TV and change / upgrade the main lounge-area TV which is prob just mounted on a flat wall with no space issues.

This shit drives me crazy. Why would you install permanent cabinets that will forever limit the kind of TV you own?

These people are stuck with a 45 inch TV forever. Unless they want to tear up that wall just to replace a TV.

Agreed, I don't get it

Every wall in my house was purple when we bought it, probably saved us some money cause it was ugly as fuck.

She had also blocked all the northern sun and taken up half the outside space with 3 trees in a raised garden bed. Place was dark as hell.

Don't know how far away the opposing wall is, that could be the best size for the room.

Bigger isn't always better.

Smartest thing I've ever done was getting rid of all the plants and trees on my properties. You get rid of bugs, animals, leaves, and clear up all the stuff that grows in cool shaded areas.

People who dont pressure wash their house.

Let the GF move in…

I just bought a place, and I’m going to build a crazy Aquarium fish tank !

That example isn't that bad TS. You could just take off the top cabinets and put a 80" Maybe even have enough room for some small cd tower sheves on the sides. But i get your point.

It never wrecks your day to step in dog shit barefoot?

That would wreck my life. I'd be cutting off my foot like that dude in saw
Hahaha its not that bad homie! Just spray it off with the garden hose and keep on having an awesome day

Smartest thing I've ever done was getting rid of all the plants and trees on my properties. You get rid of bugs, animals, leaves, and clear up all the stuff that grows in cool shaded areas.

People who dont pressure wash their house.
Kinda sounds depressing. But I guess a lot depends on the location of your house and the types of trees and plants living on it. I cleared out a lot of mine, but still have plenty left. I got some old trees I would never cut down in my yard. My favorite is a massive black walnut tree that's about 150 years old.

Kinda sounds depressing. But I guess a lot depends on the location of your house and the types of trees and plants living on it. I cleared out a lot of mine, but still have plenty left. I got some old trees I would never cut down in my yard. My favorite is a massive black walnut tree that's about 150 years old.
raking leaves is depressing.

Whenever anyone tries to make something look like what it isn't, that annoys me. Especially things made to look older than they are. Fake wood etc. It all sucks. I'm all about honesty out of my construction materials.

Back