Opinion Donald Trump wants to control the Justice Department and FBI. His allies have a plan

Congrats, your fully supporting fascism now.
This thread epitomizes what Trumpism is all about in the end, a group of mostly low IQ men who are really unhappy with life. If they can't get their way, they would prefer to burn it all down and start over, because the system and the real ideal of egalitarianism within the American ethos, really bothers them.

- I know some of you are just joking. But aren't you guys afraid that the president holds this type of power? Here the federal police is independent or its used to be, and only one president tryied to intervene in the investigations, i aint gonna say his name, except he looks like a dead vulture!

The only reason Trump wants this control, is because he is a criminal, just like several of his partners.

- I know some of you are just joking. But aren't you guys afraid that the president holds this type of power? Here the federal police is independent or its used to be, and only one president tryied to intervene in the investigations, i aint gonna say his name, except he looks like a dead vulture!

The only reason Trump wants this control, is because he is a criminal, just like several of his partners.
I think several are joking. I don't worry too much about it. Lots of shady stuff has gone on with both departments and the president already has the heads reporting up eventually to him. As Trump is gaining in momentum all these fear tactics likely won't work.

I think several are joking. I don't worry too much about it. Lots of shady stuff has gone on with both departments and the president already has the heads reporting up eventually to him. As Trump is gaining in momentum all these fear tactics likely won't work.
If you think concern over this is overblown, you haven't been paying attention to what Trump and co. have done with the leadership of the Republican Party and RNC. Who is in charge there now? Isn't the person's last name Trump?

Nice to see the masks coming off and the trumpers here just advocating directly for fascism.

Do you think there is a connection between the lack of military service, and a desire to be owned by another man? I'm just looking at similarities between our posters, to see if there are any shared traits. And that one does kinda pop. @oldshadow , @CantCucktheTuck , @Whippy McGee ; all have admitted to being unwilling to serve in the armed forces. There's very likely a connection between republicans who fail to act in a traditionally masculine manner, and support for trump.

Nice to see the masks coming off and the trumpers here just advocating directly for fascism.

Do you think there is a connection between the lack of military service, and a desire to be owned by another man? I'm just looking at similarities between our posters, to see if there are any shared traits. And that one does kinda pop. @oldshadow , @CantCucktheTuck , @Whippy McGee ; all have admitted to being unwilling to serve in the armed forces. There's very likely a connection between republicans who fail to act in a traditionally masculine manner, and support for trump.

And as usual you are full of shit.

I'm a vet. Creepy Joe or his handlers used the justice department to try and attack Trump and will continue to do so in any way they can get away with. I linked where fbi agents did just that.

So I say use their weapon against them when ypu get the chance.

Trump is an asshole and I don't like him but it's him or the democrats and their plans for the country and most of that is nothing I support.

so basically people are getting surprised for trying to enact all the things they said they would do in Agenda 2025? You know establish a permanent Republican government.

I'm a vet. Creepy Joe or his handlers used the justice department to try and attack Trump and will continue to do so in any way they can get away with. I linked where fbi agents did just that.

Trump is an asshole and I don't like him but it's him or the democrats and their plans for the country and most of that is nothing I support.
You realize that Trump doesn't care about Vets, he cut off funding and assistance for people like you. Republicans rather idol-worship Vets instead of taking care of them. Trump even insulted McCain for his service.....

By Gram Slattery, Sarah N. Lynch and Andrew Goudsward
maxresdefault.jpg

WASHINGTON, May 17 (Reuters) - Some of Donald Trump's allies are assembling proposals to curtail the Justice Department's independence and turn the nation's top law enforcement body into an attack dog for conservative causes, nine people involved in the effort told Reuters.

If successful, the overhaul could represent one of the most consequential actions of a second Trump presidency given the Justice Department's role in protecting democratic institutions and upholding the rule of law.

It would also mark a dramatic departure from the department's mission statement, opens new tab, which identifies "independence and impartiality" as core values.

Trump, who has been indicted on dozens of criminal charges by the Justice Department, has vowed on the campaign trail to overhaul the agency if he wins the presidential election on Nov. 5 and pledged to use it to pursue his own opponents, including Democratic President Joe Biden.
sddefault.jpg

The plan is essentially twofold, according to the nine people interviewed by Reuters, some of whom requested anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

First: flood the Justice Department with stalwart conservatives unlikely to say "no" to controversial orders from the White House. Second: restructure the department so key decisions are concentrated in the hands of administration loyalists rather than career bureaucrats.

The FBI - which many Republicans see as biased against them - would have new constraints on its authority, with many of its responsibilities shifted to other law enforcement agencies, those people said.
pjsqoy

"Trump feels that the DoJ has institutional problems," said Steve Bannon, a prominent Trump ally who was prosecuted by the Justice Department and convicted for contempt of Congress. "It's not just personnel: you do need to purge the DoJ, but you also need to reform it."

Overhauling the Justice Department would allow the Trump administration to pursue conservative policy initiatives such as dismantling hiring programs meant to boost diversity in the workplace and ending federal oversight of police departments accused of racist practices.

In response to questions from Reuters, the Trump campaign pointed to a December statement from co-campaign managers Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita.

"Unless a message is coming directly from President Trump or an authorized member of his campaign team, no aspect of future presidential staffing or policy announcements should be deemed official," they said.

The campaign itself has few full-time policy staffers. Trump and his team are in frequent contact with outside groups, such as those formulating recommendations on the Justice Department.

With Trump holding a lead in most swing states likely to decide November's election, the former president's advisers may have a shot at putting their ideas into practice.

Trump's promises to remodel the Justice Department have been well documented, but less attention has been given to identifying the specific measures his allies and advisers are advocating.

Two prominent Trump allies told Reuters they support eliminating the FBI's general counsel, an office that enraged Republicans during Trump's 2017-2021 term for its role in approving an inquiry into contacts between his 2016 campaign and Russian officials.

The general counsel provides legal advice to FBI employees regarding ongoing probes and other matters. Closing it would force the bureau to receive legal guidance from people closer to Trump's attorney general in the chain-of-command and limit the FBI's ability to conduct investigations without close political oversight, according to several Trump supporters and legal professionals with knowledge of the department's workings.
fbi-missy-peregrym-cbs.jpg

Biden campaign spokesperson Ammar Mousa said in a statement that Trump and his allies "were putting Trump's own revenge and retribution ahead of what is best for America." The FBI did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Wait, why is "independence" a good thing?

Nah I'm good bruh. Just pointing out the accuracy of your statement when it applies to woke.
I mean, it's a matter of perspective. Is "woke" annoying? Yeah. Is it trying to undermine democracy and democratic institutions? No. If trannies are a priority, woke Is a huge problem...I'll give you that.

Wait, why is "independence" a good thing?

Nixon abused his executive power to shutdown investigation into his crimes. Because of this certain guardrails were put in place giving the Department of Justice autonomy from the executive branch.

Obama was not directing those people to do that. Obama didn't tap his wires as was claimed and it was TR7MP himself that sent Nunes out to convince the populace that he was a victim. He earned his 92 indictments with his criminal behavior and he was the one abusing his power and obstructing justice while President. It was his own highest ranking officials that refused his illegal and unethical requests under the threat of resignations.

What truly bothers me is that you might actually believe the ridiculous things you say.

Trump tried to use the FBI from his first days in office, when they had been designed to be apolitical. The same goes for Bill Barr and the justice department.

Have you ever even considered taking the non-partisan approach to any issue? When you hear about a conservative doing a bad thing, have you ever even considered just admitting it's bad and shouldn't done? Are you genetically capable of criticizing your own side?

Do you even see what it means for a President to have this kind of power? Are you that anxious to live in North Korea 2.0?

And no, the Democrats didn't do this.

You realize that Trump doesn't care about Vets, he cut off funding and assistance for people like you. Republicans rather idol-worship Vets instead of taking care of them. Trump even insulted McCain for his service.....

Did you read where I said he was an asshole.

But I'm going to vote platform or policy not personally. Or who will do least harm to what I support over all

Back