News Dog Behavior and the Kristi Noem execution of her dog

Yes, a dog biting a human that is trying to prevent it from killing farm animals is being aggressive. I'm glad to be able to clear that up.

You cleared nothing up at all. It's already been established that dogs that are not human aggressive can bite in certain circumstances.

You take the friendliest golden retriever, and if it's in a lot of pain and you grab it, it can nip you in that moment.

If anyone then concludes that this Retriever is human aggressive or a danger to attack humans, they'd be wrong.

Perfectly good and balanced dogs can bite if the situation sets them up for that response. That is a whole lot different than a dog that is biting people left and right and is a danger to a community.

Nope. Tried to bite her. This is a one strike you’re out policy. Could’ve taken it to a shelter to be put down I guess

You're killing a lot of dogs that have humans that caused them to bite then, out of ignorance.

I already shared a video demonstrating this. A couple had a dog that got attacked by another dog once. Ever since, the humans were fearful of another similar situation happening and assumed their dog was afraid of dogs. Then, when they took the dog out for a walk, their fear caused them to walk with tension on the leash, body language communicating their fear, etc. Their dog read their fearful energy and took that in itself, reacting to other dogs with fear, following the human's lead. In such a moment, the owner was bit by their own dog as a redirection.

You fix the human's behaviour the dog's problems vanish. When the humans behave confidently, the dog becomes more comfortable and let's go of it's fear. No more problem. No more redirected bite.

By your reasoning, that couple should have killed their dog.

I had a Staffordshire Bull Terrier for years, a breed notorious for merking chickens. I also had chickens. After she killed about the third, I tied her on a very short lead in the backyard, with the latest dead chook tied to her collar. Got a comfy chair and a beer, and sprayed her in the face with a hose until I finished the beer. She hated water.

Never killed another chicken in ten years. She was a beautiful dog. You can always train a young dog.

This is the second time I've heard about this tactic.

It does demonstrate that you can break this habit in a dog.

You cleared nothing up at all. It's already been established that dogs that are not human aggressive can bite in certain circumstances.

You take the friendliest golden retriever, and if it's in a lot of pain and you grab it, it can nip you in that moment.

If anyone then concludes that this Retriever is human aggressive or a danger to attack humans, they'd be wrong.

Perfectly good and balanced dogs can bite if the situation sets them up for that response. That is a whole lot different than a dog that is biting people left and right and is a danger to a community.
Oh, it was cleared up, but you just aren’t listening. Some things can be clear as day, but people’s eyes will be too foggy to see it.

Oh, it was cleared up, but you just aren’t listening. Some things can be clear as day, but people’s eyes will be too foggy to see it.

Speaking of "clear as day"... You're speaking in very vague generalizations. If you have an example to use, let's take a look.

Regarding Cricket, the dog wasn't an aggressive dog at all and could easily have been rehomed.

Her dumbass is responsible for putting the dog in all of these situations. Just fucking give the dog to someone more responsible you stupid murderous imbecile.

And she puts it in her book like the fuckin retard that she is.

Sounds like the dog "embarrassed" her so she killed it, pretty psychopathic. I really don't think it's worth paragraphs of lengthy analysis just because she's some sort of minor celebrity. It's a pretty open and shut case of terrible pet owner. Those exist, it's not that surprising.

I don't really think it's that big of a deal.

It's pretty old fashioned, but in a farming community animals are animals. Their lives aren't precious.

And also in a farming community, you take responsibility. If your dog kills your neighbor's chickens then you have to fix the problem. The neighbor probably wanted the dog shot as well.

Did she fuck up by adopting that breed and not training it? Yes. But at least she didn't let it continue terrorizing neighbors like so many assholes do in cities.

So yeah, she's not my favorite person, but I think it's laughable that the media is desperately trying to make her out to be the next Hitler over it.
The sanctity of life is b.s. including human life (especially human life).

Her dumbass is responsible for putting the dog in all of these situations. Just fucking give the dog to someone more responsible you stupid murderous imbecile.

And she puts it in her book like the fuckin retard that she is.
People like you would have the whole world die by starvation.

People were going way too hard on Kristi, even wishing death upon her. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. That's why I came out swinging. This thread simmered down quick after that didn't it?

You found one post and decided to stink up the entire thread for multiple pages because you are a Kristi Noem stan. An appropriate reaction would have to been to just respond to the original post and move on.

You read my last couple of posts in this thread. Now you know what a man looks like. You could have popped in and gave me some credit, but you saw weakness instead of strength in my last couples of posts due to the fact that you are naturally a weak person. That's why you jumped in here to attack like a coward would do. Beat a guy when you think they are down, satisfy the ego.

Man up chump.

Great, so you came to your senses and dropped a halfway decent post. Anddd immediately threw it away to call me a coward. Dude, you dropped like 10 shitty posts and one decent one. You want an award for that? I'm just saying next time try to lead with the less biased perspective.

She should have just given it up for adoption

That being said, Americans obsession with dogs is weird

She’s an intelligent woman, she knew the situation at the time and made an assessment. I support her. Too many lames out there making a big deal about it, especially when they weren’t there to know the facts live in the flesh. GTFO

You're killing a lot of dogs that have humans that caused them to bite then, out of ignorance.

I already shared a video demonstrating this. A couple had a dog that got attacked by another dog once. Ever since, the humans were fearful of another similar situation happening and assumed their dog was afraid of dogs. Then, when they took the dog out for a walk, their fear caused them to walk with tension on the leash, body language communicating their fear, etc. Their dog read their fearful energy and took that in itself, reacting to other dogs with fear, following the human's lead. In such a moment, the owner was bit by their own dog as a redirection.

You fix the human's behaviour the dog's problems vanish. When the humans behave confidently, the dog becomes more comfortable and let's go of it's fear. No more problem. No more redirected bite.

By your reasoning, that couple should have killed their dog.
Don’t bother. This has nothing to do with whether or not dogs should be killed for their owners being completely negligent, and everything to do with politics. She is on the side that guy agrees with. It’s such s cult that he can’t admit when someone from that side does anything wrong. It is that simple.

All dogs bite until you train them. Anyone who has ever had a dog knows that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMACda
Back