Did anyone not like Quiznos?

Quiznos was my favorite. The only one left in Vegas is in the airport I think and it's one of those half assed ones. The one by my house is now a hotdog place bit they still have the Quiznos neon open sign in the window. Everytime I drive by..........right in the feels

I noticed this as well!

The place I go to is hit and miss with classic Italian. Chicken subs have always been exceptional but sometimes, they do not do a good job of slicing the cold cuts for the classic and you get uneven cuts.

But for sure, some locations have amazing Quiznos. I hear you on the memory thing. For me, its as much nostalgic as it is tasty. I have to do like a strict raw vegetarian food fasting for few days to really get my appetite up and clean my system + not feel guilty for overindulging because that is what I am going to do damn well do.

Quiznos nostalgia is special for me because in the 2000s, I just had a flip phone and as I would eat, I would plan and plot my future of what I want to do in life in terms of running a business and so it was brain storming the future. Now I do have a budding business and occasional Quiznos lets me think about diversifying it. Its more than just food, its an experience.

I am relieved to read " I had a friend" meaning past tense, meaning that you no longer have to suffer his insidious existence. But in all seriousness, if you had to guess, was it the food or bad customers?
He worked at an Italian restaurant and I think he tried to compare it to that standard of food making.

Last time I was in a Quiznos was due to an emergency shit.

I was driving in between job sites and absolutely had to stop to shit before I exploded in my pants. I run in and obliterate the toilet, didn’t bother to wash my hands. No point, my hands were beyond repair from work.

Felt bad for the girl sitting right outside the bathroom eating, having to hear the toilet flush and me immediately walk out because I had to get to work.

He worked at an Italian restaurant and I think he tried to compare it to that standard of food making.

Of course in this case, no fast food can win. Its like asking a commoner to fight an all powerful entity. No fast food burger joint can take on a local gourmet burger place.

Same with Quiznos, dude was looking at it the wrong way. I assume this is why your friendship with him was no longer continued?

Quiznos makes amazing subs, particularly any of the steak ones. Little small on the portion and overly priced. Normally hit em up 2-3 times a year I'd think.

I would always get masquite chicken or sea food sub

I remember when quiznos barely came out and they had innovative ideas like the toasted sub and the sub dips it exposed how much of a shit sub company subway was they even made subway come out with better soups and chowders, subway also then had to start toasting their subs. If it wasn't for quiznos forcing subway to start toasting they would be serving folks the same shitty soggy bread they used to serve. Iirc subway even had to expand their bread selection because of quiznos who had superior bread loaves.

Are they why Subway started toasting their sandwiches?
Yes. It was actually pretty mind blowing to get a toasted sub at the time because we were used to soggy subs from subway for years folks became complacent to subways lack of quality control.

iz046lsywwma1.jpg

A leftist made this meme to argue against capitalism and it hilariously backfired.
It was ironic that this actually made them start producing a higher quality chicken sandwich at every restaurant before Popeyes we had to settle for the half assed McChicken.
mcchicken_02.jpg

Quiznos was great before corporate forced them to buy subpar ingredients at a premium and the quality went down. Firehouse was decent place that was better than Subway but not as good as Quiznos. Firehouse quality is going downhill. The fast food sub king is Jersey Mike's with their Italian Mike's way add mayo and the Big Kahuna cheesesteak but down here in Florida the best is Publix because they carry Boars head cold cuts.

Jersey Mike's n Firehouse is better thsn Quinos ever was. I had quiznos plenty it's nothing but toasted Subway with slightly better ingredients. Yes Quiznos was always preferred over Subway as Subway sucks but they get remembered for being better than were imo

Last time I went I ordered the full size sandwich to share with a friend. The owner rang it up as two half sandwiches which costs more money. A sneaky little trick and I called him out on it. Never went back after that.

Imagine subway charging you for two 6 inch subs when you ordered a footlong.

Which location was this? Or was it not in Edmonton.

As far as franchise sammiches go, they were definitely above Subway. But pricey too. Ikes Love and Sandwiches occupy the same slot now, with great sammmiches and a hefty price tag. Their menage a troi sammich is straight from an angels kitchen.

Quiznos was my favorite, but sadly there are none near me and it sounds like even if there were, the quality is not what it once was

Quiznos was trash.

If I want a sandwich I go to a Jewish NY style deli.

images

I love it have to travel 45 min to get it and it's worth it. I pretty much always just go with the Classic Italian and sometimes the broccoli/cheddar soup. Soo good.

Back