Can't think of a Brazil headliner for 301 that makes any sense

Dana's Conscience

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
After they moved Potato/Hill to 300, it seemed pretty obvious that they'd throw Pantoja in the main event for 301, probably expecting Moreno to beat Royval. Now there's nobody for him to fight.

-Moreno just lost
-Albazi just pulled out of a fight
-KKF has been away and is coming off a loss
-Nicolau is coming off a KO loss
-Kape just had a weight miss disaster and is in no place for a title shot

Literally the only option that isn't completely ridiculous is a Royval rematch, but there is no appetite for that whatsoever. Maybe it would be a little more palatable if Royval had highlight reel KOd Moreno, but he didn't. It was a split decision. Pantoja/Royval 2 would be among the lamest PPV main events in UFC history.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of other options, at least in terms of Brazilians, and certainly nobody who would fit into a main event. Here's the state of the ranked male Brazilians. I also checked, and most of the Brazilian women are booked too.

-Borralho's fighting at 301
-Marcos Rogerio de Lima just fought but could be available

-Oliveira's booked
-RDA's booked
-Burns is booked
-Luque's booked
-Costa just had a pretty intense fight that he lost.
-Walker's coming off of a bad KO loss
-Almeida's booked

So, do they just move this event to the Apex?

I can't imagine any big, non-Brazilian names with drawing power will want to fight in Brazil these days

After they moved Potato/Hill to 300, it seemed pretty obvious that they'd throw Pantoja in the main event for 301, probably expecting Moreno to beat Royval. Now there's nobody for him to fight.

-Moreno just lost
-Albazi just pulled out of a fight
-KKF has been away and is coming off a loss
-Nicolau is coming off a KO loss
-Kape just had a weight miss disaster and is in no place for a title shot

Literally the only option that isn't completely ridiculous is a Royval rematch, but there is no appetite for that whatsoever. Maybe it would be a little more palatable if Royval had highlight reel KOd Moreno, but he didn't. It was a split decision. Pantoja/Royval 2 would be among the lamest PPV main events in UFC history.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of other options, at least in terms of Brazilians, and certainly nobody who would fit into a main event. Here's the state of the ranked male Brazilians. I also checked, and most of the Brazilian women are booked too.

-Borralho's fighting at 301
-Marcos Rogerio de Lima just fought but could be available

-Oliveira's booked
-RDA's booked
-Burns is booked
-Luque's booked
-Costa just had a pretty intense fight that he lost.
-Walker's coming off of a bad KO loss
-Almeida's booked

So, do they just move this event to the Apex?
It would be Royval vs Pantoja 3 which makes it even worse. Royval is improving but the division is a little stuck in the mud at the moment. Moreno losing screwed things up.

Pantoja vs Horiguchi or Kape (main event)
Grasso vs Erin or Fiorot (co-main)
Garry vs Colby
Borralho vs Craig
Petrino/Hulk/Robocop/Barboza will probably be available too.

Pantoja vs Horiguchi or Kape (main event)
Grasso vs Erin or Fiorot (co-main)
Garry vs Colby
Borralho vs Craig
Petrino/Hulk/Robocop/Barboza will probably be available too.
Not sure Fiorot or blanchfield can turn around that quick.

I reckon we see:
Pantoja vs. Horiguchi
Grasso vs. Shevchenko 3

It’s a neutral ground for the women’s trilogy, both have ties to Latin America with Shevchenko being linked to Peru, and they won’t want to keep Grasso on the shelf until September.

We could see Mokaev run through Perez and get the title shot though

Pantoja vs whoever.. Mighty Mouse style.. cleaning up the division.

Throw beloved Edson Barboza, prospect Borralho, JBG Robocop, Paulo Costa, that Ferreira MW kid...

It is not going to be a huge event but there are a lot of recognizable and liked brazilian fighters that could fight there.

Dana was so terrified of the hate UFC 300 would get that he took Brazils biggest star right now from a Brazil PPV main event just to avoid calling Belal.

Pantoja vs whoever.. Mighty Mouse style.. cleaning up the division.

Throw beloved Edson Barboza, prospect Borralho, JBG Robocop, Paulo Costa, that Ferreira MW kid...

It is not going to be a huge event but there are a lot of recognizable and liked brazilian fighters that could fight there.
Pantoja needs his ray Borg win. give him alex Perez! Why not su mudaerji? Tim elliott title run lol

I can't imagine any big, non-Brazilian names with drawing power will want to fight in Brazil these days

Nah i think they are fine if they don't say shit like Viva Mexico dogs. This may be even worse than what Colby said

Pereira vs Izzy/Ankalaev
Pantoja vs Horiguchi
Costa vs Hermansson
Moicano vs Paddy
Borralho vs Craig
Robocop vs Hernandez
Vieira vs Curtis II

Have Leon Edwards fight someone

Pantoja defend against literally anyone
Decent card.

Lets be honest about 1 thing that was only a split decision because it was in mexico

Costa vs Khamzat
Costa vs Garry
Costa vs Strickland

Back