Bragging rights: Poirier vs Saint Denis - Who wins and how?

Who wins and how?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After analyzing and studying both fighters for many hours the past several days, I have come to the conclusion that: If Dustin Poirier doesn't win by knockout/tko/decision, and doesn't get a submission, and the fight doesn't end in a draw, BSD will win the fight

LMFAO if DP wins by BSD DQ

Dustin will destroy this guy

BSD brings the pressure early and we know that pressure makes diamonds. He unleashes a side of Poirier we havent seen in a bit and we get a vintage Poirier performance.

Dustin by 3rd TKO

I like St Denis, but this feels like a beatdown from Dustin.
i'm not sure how this match was decided.

I think poirier gets it done late in the 4th. He’s got too much experience to let #11 take him out early, and I don’t think BSD has the gas tank to hang in the championship rounds. Plus he’s got new incentive now with abdeliziz telling him he’ll get a title shot with a win.

BSD round 2 tko via fathertime.

I don t understand why anyone would come to this conclusion. Poirier has been exposed to wrestling far more than BSD. Honestly as much as I like BSD he s getting exposed as a super tough dude but very limited technically.

That said, the MMA public is surpringly good at smelling decline on fighters with mileage and I have been proven wrong before. But I don t see Poirier as kipping quite yet and BSD is super overrated.

Poirier has been taken down by just about everyone who has tried taking him down, and bsd takes people down a lot and has taken down everyone he's tried to. Also, dustin has lost via grappling ever since the castillo and KZ days all the way to the more recent khabib and charles fights. It's not shocking for people to think that BSD wiill take him out on the ground. And if you think Benoit's BJJ is limited technically, you're living under a rock - his grappling is high level.

That said, Dustin has a big advantage at boxing range and most likely with cardio. This is a dangerous fight for both guys.

Last edited:
If BDS fights smart he will take Poirier down and dominate. But I'm afraid he'll try to strike with Poirier to "give fans what they want" or something, in which case he'll catch a bad beating.

Poirier's mileage, age and coming off a head kick KO is a bit too much to overcome imo, BSD by TKO

Predict the co-main event for bragging rights! :D Who wins and by what method of victory? Lock in your pick before the poll closes!

Also this is a rare 5 round co-main by the way.

I got Poirier by what I guess would be a club 'n' sub equivalent, ie, a knockdown followed by a sub.

That's got absolutely nothing to do with BSD's grappling or sub defence, for that scenario to happen he'd have to be borderline TKO'd I suppose.

I think he grabs an RNC in R3 specifically, but I don't think BSD is able to close the gap on the feet or establish dominance on the ground.

Hard to judge though, there are a lot of variables I just can't anticipate.

If BSD forces the finish it could go either way. If he doesn't I think dustin will win by decision

I don’t like predictions but heres how I would like it to go down

Dustin starts off as usual, feels out his opponent, gets cracked several times to “wake up”, then after about 1.5-2 rounds Dustin begins be a dog and find his groove landing and countering with some hard shots himself

Dustins timing, accuracy, and grit start to wilt the aspiring Frenchmen into a TKO stahppage

Joshua CANNOT lose this

(If only to stop the Boxing is dead threads)

Cannot see anything but a KO/TKO or a wide decision win for him Tbf.

I think BSD most likely outcome is a submission. He will find an easier path to a win by taking down Poirer. A standing ko is possible but I think poirer will be really well prepared for the headkicks this fight. The takedowns will surprise him.

Back