Social Biden considers accepting Palestinian refugees

So you too don't wanna answer what welfare programs these refugees would get access to, even though everyone in this thread is convinced it's a gravy train?

Hint...the point of these refugees is they become citizens and thus net benefits to the US ledger, civically and economically. It's how the country has always worked.

I’d rather take refugees from actual war torn places than just people from central and South America who want to make more money in America

I’d rather take refugees from actual war torn places than just people from central and South America who want to make more money in America
I'd rather neither. Neither group contributes anything and are a waste of taxpayer resources.

Dude, enough. Hamas was elected(and would be elected again). Hamas does run the place. They are their government.
They didn't wear free and fair elections, and again, Israel had a substantial role in putting Hamas in power, which backfired catastrophically.
Hamas attacked Israel, which means Palestine attacked Israel. Israel hit them back with expected results. It is what it is. War isn't pretty, and the losing side doesn't get to dictate anything but when/if they surrender.
You're effectively arguing that Israel should be held to the same low standards as a terrorist group. Odd argument.
LOL @ you thinking that lip service Biden and the boys are paying to their blue haired weirdo brigade means anything. Biden has gone over congress' heads to supply Israel with weapons and aid, and just officially gave them even more. Oh' but they're real serious about Israel toning it down...
Never said it meant anything, and I haven't commented on Biden's foreign policy at here.

There is a reason other Arab nations will not take them in. That should be a red flag right there for the US.
Because they have unstable, not popularly elected governments and are deathly afraid of separatism. They also prefer having the Palestinian issue as a political cudgel over solving the problem.

In other words, they have vastly different incentives and concerns than the US.

There’s no right answer here. Safest is a flat no. It would be nice to pluck the good ones out of the shit heads if possible. I do not trust our government to get that right

You're effectively arguing that Israel should be held to the same low standards as a terrorist group. Odd argument.
What? No. I'm holding them to the same standard as any other powerful nation when attacked. It's their duty to respond in kind, and show force so nobody dares to do it again. Sorry your inbred terrorist buddies don't get a pass for their monumental fuck up, and have to live with consequences of their actions. Maybe they should recognize that they're beat and surrender? Ya know, instead of acting like they're winning and making delusional demands.

War torn nations that your nation is currently aiding in the destruction of? I don't know man, sounds a little risky...

There is a reason other Arab nations will not take them in. That should be a red flag right there for the US.

Because Palestinians are the dregs of the ME, and non of the other nations want them

What? No. I'm holding them to the same standard as any other powerful nation when attacked. It's their duty to respond in kind, and show force so nobody dares to do it again.
Israel's duty is to advance its interests and prevent something like this from happening again. Meanwhile, they've ostracized themselves even further and ensured that the next generation of Palestinians will be even easier to recruit into violence than previous generations. Israel's conflict has failed strategically any way you slice it, Bibi's motivations are just pure political survival now. Nothing more.
Sorry your inbred terrorist buddies don't get a pass for their monumental fuck up, and have to live with consequences of their actions. Maybe they should recognize that they're beat and surrender? Ya know, instead of acting like they're winning and making delusional demands.
I see you have no credible argument of knowledge of the region if the best you got here is criticizing Israel's approach means Hamas are my "inbred terrorist buddies."

Here's the thing you don't realize. Israel boxed itself into a corner by helping Hamas secure power in Gaza because they wanted Palestinian civil society as fractured and weakened as possible. Now guess what? Israel wants some other group to take control of Gaza, but there is no one else in after decades of Israel making sure Hamas would be a power player in Gaza.

War torn nations that your nation is currently aiding in the destruction of? I don't know man, sounds a little risky...
You mean like how the US continued to allow emigration from Ireland during the Troubles despite a similarly nasty, longstanding sectarian conflict?

Israel's duty is to advance its interests and prevent something like this from happening again. Meanwhile, they've ostracized themselves even further and ensured that the next generation of Palestinians will be even easier to recruit into violence than previous generations. Israel's conflict has failed strategically any way you slice it, Bibi's motivations are just pure political survival now. Nothing more.
Nice fan fiction. The reality is that Gaza is in rubble, Hamas is running scared, and Israel will never allow Palestine to govern themselves ever again. It is cute that you think all of this lip service Liberal minded nations are giving the press, is actually going to amount to anything, once all is said and done. Like they're gonna turn their backs on Israel for some terrorist nation that offers them nothing. LOL.

And please, just drop the whole "Defeating your enemies only creates more of them" desperate talking point. Last I checked, Nazis didn't rise back up after WW2, and the Japanese aren't kamakazeeing themselves into the Empire State Building for revenge over having a couple of NUKES dropped on them. Sometimes the losers just lose. Save the fairy tales for your children.

What if I told you these Palestinians hate America and celebrated the destruction of the WTC on 9/11?

Its no benefit at all and just a burden..Its a dumb move all around.

You act like a huge part of Biden's base isn't actively cheering for the destrucfion of the country. Looks at the dweebs liking posts ITT.

Huh? This is red meat for his base.
In theory perhaps, and I'm sure the Dems are stupid enough to believe that. Red meat for the extra stupid portion of his base(that are calling him "Genocide Joe"), but the majority of the country is already fed up with his border policies, and that's without adding a bunch of potential terrorists to the list of immigrants the nation already can't sustain.

It's not a good move.

Back