Aldo showed us again just how elite he is

usernamee

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
15 years ago he was dominating in the WEC.

And now 15 years later after many fights, training camps and weight-cuts, after all the wars, after the KO losses, after retiring and doing boxing - he can still step in there and beat a #12 ranked dude in arguably the toughest division in the UFC.

Goes to show just how elite his skillset is. Especially since he doesn't have quite the same explosiveness as he used have to which was a big part of what made him so dangerous.

I thought Aldo would outgun him on the feet and that Martinez couldn’t out grapple Aldo. Had some good money on Aldo and damn if I wasn’t on the edge of my seat the whole fight. Amazing performance after the ”retirement” and a lay off.

Hell of a fighter, still. King of Rio, baby!

GOAT shit. Who does that after 20y of professional fighting?
It’s actually becoming the norm. Look at longevity of guys like Jones, Poatan, Oliviera, Max, Poirier, Pantoja, Aljo, Figgy, Whittaker, Strickland etc

Aldo should have been able to get a rematch with Conor. I dont understand how it never happened. If they fought 10 times there would have been 10 different outcomes. It sucks we never got a chance to see them run it back in fight which doesn't result in an early,flash KO.

Really liked his head movement, so subtle, ufc stats counted a lot of punches on him that was just grazing shit doing nothing.
His boxing really profitted, so much better. His right hand was a beauty.
A few nice kicks added, great TDD.
He looked better in this fight than he has in quite a while.

That opponent either really suited him or he is in damn good shape.

I think every other night in history, Aldo beats Conor. We were the 1 in 14 000 000 universe.

main-qimg-90a289d0075204939bcd4508bc370ba9

It was crazy, cause i though Martinez has pretty good leg kicks, he threw a few and Aldo checked them all and he wanted nothing to do with leg kicks anymore, so much so, Aldo threw a headkick.

Aldo was only ever appreciated by the old school fans, and even at 37, hes one of the best in the world. A proper definition of a martial artist and fighter

Back