AEW Fight Forever

What an amazing coincidence that FTR isn't in the game.

<{fry}>

They're in as DLC. I preordered and got them, but I can't remember if they're part of a "season pass" or just as a one-off.

What are the controls/ gameplay like?

Similar to the old AKI THQ games, with strong/weak grappling and strong/weak striking. You can also evade grapples and block strikes.

It feels a bit slow to me, overall, and not as fluid as WWE 2k23 (or 22), and control/physics are the most important thing to me by far. There's also seemingly fewer moves for each fighter.

As for presentation, the ring entrances are very brief. There's no commentary during matches, but in some of the cutscenes between matches, a given commentator will say a generic line like "What a great match!"

I also get a headache from playing the game. Not sure why, exactly. I do dig the exploding barbed wire match.

Tried a couple mini games and didn't enjoy them.

To early to give a review on my end, but I agree that it's not as good as 2K23, let alone for around the same price for the base game (though I did get a discount on 2K23 for Xbox, which runs out in a few days).

Just got my first 7 star match by accident on only my 5th match played lol having fun but it's definitely lacking in some content. I guess I'll see how I'm feeling with it in a month or something

Kenny Omega just stated that as well as matches and wrestlers that they'll be adding to the game, they'll also be adding more customisation options as the game goes on. He also hinted that wrestlers from NJPW could be added to the game

My local gamestop had this set up to play, picking up a controller and being able to just dive in was nice, its a very fun fast paced game. Of course they didn't have any copies in stock because gamestop.

It definitely could've used more time to iron out things but people wanted it now. Hopefully they patch up little random gameplay things as its pretty smooth already. Kicking out is impossible at the moment, AI could use some tweaking especially when there's 4 wrestlers.

Nice that it's free. Also what the fuck though? <45>

Seeing a lot of talk on Twitter about the game having the potential for being one of best wrestling games for modding ever. I guess if you're thinking of getting this then PC would be the best choice. That's also the version with the best reviews.

For example there's obviously talks of modding in custom attire and custom moves, but modders are talking about their own custom story modes, custom match types, custom mini games, and even customising the physics engine.

Seeing a lot of talk on Twitter about the game having the potential for being one of best wrestling games for modding ever. I guess if you're thinking of getting this then PC would be the best choice. That's also the version with the best reviews.

For example there's obviously talks of modding in custom attire and custom moves, but modders are talking about their own custom story modes, custom match types, custom mini games, and even customising the physics engine.
I want to wrestle in outer space

Nice that it's free. Also what the fuck though? <45>

200w.gif

I wonder if they are bailing on support of the game. The DLC went silent, the Stadium mode went silent, updates and fixes silent. The very least they could do is update the roster, add some CAW improvements, fix some bugs.

I've seen modders found alot of random little gameplay items turned off that they chose not to use like hot tags, needing to build up 70%+ momentum needed for strong grapples, and other things.

I wonder if they are bailing on support of the game. The DLC went silent, the Stadium mode went silent, updates and fixes silent. The very least they could do is update the roster, add some CAW improvements, fix some bugs.

I've seen modders found alot of random little gameplay items turned off that they chose not to use like hot tags, needing to build up 70%+ momentum needed for strong grapples, and other things.

From what I've read, the game was pretty much DOA, so I wouldn't expect all of their grand promises to be fulfilled. Not that I think it was anything more than desperate marketing. Like, why release a game without any expected game modes and features, and then tell everyone that they're coming later? Not that it's unheard of in today's gaming sphere, but a little wrestling game isn't going to get away with it, as it doesn't have a built in base that will generate automatic returns, that say, an online shooter franchise does.

"Spend $80 now, and it will eventually be worth it!", is probably not the best impression you want to make with a rinky dink wrestling game, trying to compete with 2K. You best come out swinging if you want anyone to even glance at your game.

Looks like Stadium Stampede mode will release in the next 24hours

Fully expecting this to be completely broken lol Fun promo for it though

Back