Media Adesanya: I am changing my game after the timeout - Will fight to show off un-looked for skills

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

"I haven't mastered the game yet, I'm still learning every day. Even right now, we're working on my jab 'cause I'm changing it up now. There's so much footage of me for people to watch,
there are smart coaches who can game plan. My jab was vicious, still is, but I'm just bringing that back more. I'm tuning it up again, so it's constant evolution, constant learning. In my
grappling as well, and I want to show it off. I do want to show it off in the cage now. I did a little bit in my fight with Alex in New York, but I want to do it more."

So you still got these things you want to do?

"Fuck yeah. Fuck the belts and all that, now it's more about highlights. Again, I had a lackluster performance against Romero because he didn't want to engage. So people were like
"oh, fuck him!" After that fight people were talking shit like all "this and that and he's a boring fighter" and it's weird. I see it now, they just forget. They forget and I'm like "bro, I gave you
so much classics?"

Demetrious Johnson were talking about that you'd need to brush up on your ground game to beat DDP?

"Off for me? Yeah, I've got some. I have got a little something. I enjoy grappling, I love it. But it's just that no one has been able to keep me in that position. That's the thing. And that's why
people think "oh, he's about to get exposed in this one". It's like the only person who would know, Jan. But he didn't do anything. He just used his weight and didn't try to finish me. He just
wanted to win so he kept me there using his weight advantage. And at the time I wasn't really used to that, I'm great on the feet so I like to keep the fight standing. In the gym it's different
than in a fight, and I'm getting more comfortable on the ground in the gym now, which makes me even better in any fight."

"Avatar: The last airbender just dropped yesterday in New Zealand and I'm gonna watch it tonight. But for me, when I was watching that show I got the name because I felt in this realm I
want to master all the elements of martial arts. And realize my destiny as the Avatar. And I felt like I was "the one" so I have, and am still doing it. And now the middleweight division needs
me again, so it's all about the story you're telling."

He’s gonna blow someone in the cage isn’t he

Right through this glory hole:

5ed7946ce5672_1YOzumELiuZfrZht5TmBEMZqUvyz4trjimA1cq6UdTY__700.jpg

He should change up his shtick of being a homo.

He's got a good chin and head movement. If he starts pressuring and volume striking, he will rack up the KO/TKO.

Someone give him my number and I'll let him know off line.

They don't make champions like Adesanya anymore. One of the greatest title reigns in the UFC. Didn't pick and choose, didn't complain, didnt take long breaks, he just fought whoever was next.

These other champions you don't know when they're fighting again or what complaint or excuse they have for their opponent

I love when fighters think they can reinvent themselves at the tail end of their career. It’s never great.

Personally? If the dude hasn’t been using wrestling and grappling effectively this far into his career, he’s not gonna suddenly be using it effectively enough to be the change in his game at 35 with a foot out the door,

I love when fighters think they can reinvent themselves at the tail end of their career. It’s never great.

Personally? If the dude hasn’t been using wrestling and grappling effectively this far into his career, he’s not gonna suddenly be using it effectively enough to be the change in his game at 35 with a foot out the door,
Normally they just refuse to see that they need to.

Who are you thinking of?

I really gotta applaud him for this, and it was what I was saying he needed to do.

He should change up his shtick of being a homo.

He's got a good chin and head movement. If he starts pressuring and volume striking, he will rack up the KO/TKO.
Maybe it's not a schtick?

Sad that most reply so far are about this, not the actual thread topic.

They don't make champions like Adesanya anymore. One of the greatest title reigns in the UFC. Didn't pick and choose, didn't complain, didnt take long breaks, he just fought whoever was next.

These other champions you don't know when they're fighting again or what complaint or excuse they have for their opponent
I agree 100%

Seems like he is learning from those who beat him - Alex (getting better at ground, mixing game & training up), Sean (getting motorcycle licence), and.... golf. Not sure who he is getting that from lol.

I love that he's making dramatic changes to his game. Can't wait to see the result. I hope he blowz our mindz.

Last edited:
Now donr get me wrong, Izzy is slick as hell. But he's still that airbender only. He has takedown defence and a kickboxing game. But to be a real avatar he has to get on that fedor shit. And it's pretty late in the game for that.

Adesanya is an awesome fighter. Grappling and submissions aren't really part of his game and you could almost even call him one dimensional but damn is he good at what he does. His fight with Strickland was a bad performance but every fighter has at least one of those and I hope it wasn't a sign of a career/athletic sunsetting. Truly a fan of his work.

The champ who ...
  • watches & talks in anime
  • thinks he... is... anime
  • made a dance routine
  • wore a dog collar
  • humped a man intentionally
  • and routinely jerked off a dog
Can't even make this shit up.

<WhatItIs>{<jordan}

Meanwhile people say the Diaz bros are dumb,

{<hhh]

like salty (tear) stickland & thin izzy are splitting the atom.

Theo is the next Dr. Phil.

"Fuck yeah. Fuck the belts and all that, now it's more about highlights. Again, I had a lackluster performance against Romero because he didn't want to engage. So people were like
"oh, fuck him!" After that fight people were talking shit like all "this and that and he's a boring fighter" and it's weird. I see it now, they just forget. They forget and I'm like "bro, I gave you
so much classics?"

Izzy didn't engage in that fight either, he's equally to blame. If his entertainment value relies on the other fighter initiating then that's something he should be working on. Prime Romero was a more entertaining fighter than Izzy ever has been.

Worst main character syndrome of any human being to have encroached into MMA

Back