Crime 3 Missing Surfers Found Dead In Mexico

Unfortunate what happened but surfers were probably in argument with"local" but what they did not know local were cartlels or they could have hit on that girl that were part of 3 people they arrested

They were Australian so I wouldn't be surprised if they got mixed up in some kind of cocaine deal. Aussies LOVE cocaine.

I don't know this specific area but the idea that American (or Aussie, whatever) tourists are hands off for cartel violence is patently false. It's probably mostly true IF an area isn't being contested at all between rival cartels. If one has an area locked down, it's likely accurate to say they want absolutely zero heat brought down on them because of tourists getting hurt or killed or kidnapped.

But I remember reading an article that said in contested territories, kidnapping tourists etc is absolutely a strategy used to bring chaos and heat. The cartel making a run at the top dog in the area knows the heat will be directed at them, so they do shit to force the government to intervene. This weakens the controlling cartel the most, potentially creating the vacuum they hope to fill and take over that area.

In short, plenty of safer places to visit that offer the same weather, amenities, etc.
- It's such a beautyfull nation.

Really, with all the bogus claims he pushes he's on par with bamboo fibers, and high intelligence is what you want to go with? <{cruzshake}>
There are surf nazis and they must die.
image.jpg

I don't know this specific area but the idea that American (or Aussie, whatever) tourists are hands off for cartel violence is patently false. It's probably mostly true IF an area isn't being contested at all between rival cartels. If one has an area locked down, it's likely accurate to say they want absolutely zero heat brought down on them because of tourists getting hurt or killed or kidnapped.

But I remember reading an article that said in contested territories, kidnapping tourists etc is absolutely a strategy used to bring chaos and heat. The cartel making a run at the top dog in the area knows the heat will be directed at them, so they do shit to force the government to intervene. This weakens the controlling cartel the most, potentially creating the vacuum they hope to fill and take over that area.

In short, plenty of safer places to visit that offer the same weather, amenities, etc.

You give these guys too much credit.

The stealing tires theory sounds way more plausible, these are not smart people, and yes they were drug dealers so they were working for a cartel.

You give these guys too much credit.

The stealing tires theory sounds way more plausible, these are not smart people, and yes they were drug dealers so they were working for a cartel.

To be clear I wasn't necessarily talking about this case, just in general.

I used to take a Baja surfi g trip every year for a month in my 20s. Spent 3 weeks starting in San Diego and for 2 weeks went down the Baja coast in different breaks u till spending last week in Cabo then going back (we would fly from Cabo out 2 Cali friends would drive back) .

I loved it , cheap food (dirt cheap great Tacos like 5 to 10 cents each) , cheap lodging , really cool an chill people were always friendly. Some of greatest times of my life on those excursions. But alas different world in the mid 90s to mid 00s.

Back