2023 College Football Playoffs Discussion ***National Champion Michigan Wolverines*** Transfer Portal

If the 12 team CFP existed:

#9 Mizzou @ #8 Oregon (winner plays @ #1 Michigan)
#12 Liberty @ #5 FSU (winner plays @ #4 Bama)
#10 Penn St @ #7 Ohio St (winner plays @ #2 Washington)
#11 Ole Miss @ #6 UGA* (winner plays @ #3 Texas)

*rematch (UGA won 52-17 at home)

I think this is evidence that 8 is enough.

I better not have to enter some lottery like I do for SEC championship and bowl games. If Bama gets a home playoff game, that's part of my season tickets!
It’s going to be a shit show trying to get tickets to all these playoff games. Resellers are going to make a fortune.

I better not have to enter some lottery like I do for SEC championship and bowl games. If Bama gets a home playoff game, that's part of my season tickets!

Lets road trip down to Pasadena, just swing by and pick me up and we'll jam out with our clam out all the way down the PCH like Thelma and Louise!

Lets road trip down to Pasadena, just swing by and pick me up and we'll jam out with our clam out all the way down the PCH like Thelma and Louise!
*Big Dust voice* Let's stop talking about it!

I've already sent out the feelers to the family that we need to make another trip to the Rose Bowl. "Remember how great Pasadena was?!"

Democratic U.S. Rep. Jared Moskowitz posted that he would be "circulating a letter and will be doing a resolution condemning @NCAAFootball (and the) @NCAA decision to leave @FSUFootball out of the playoffs."

<22>

This year is an outlier. Most years I doubt we have 6 teams worthy of being in the playoffs.

What do you think about a play-in game for the 4th spot? this year it could have been Alabama - Texas rematch, with FSU getting the 3rd spot.

If the 12 team CFP existed:

#9 Mizzou @ #8 Oregon (winner plays @ #1 Michigan)
#12 Liberty @ #5 FSU (winner plays @ #4 Bama)
#10 Penn St @ #7 Ohio St (winner plays @ #2 Washington)
#11 Ole Miss @ #6 UGA* (winner plays @ #3 Texas)

*rematch (UGA won 52-17 at home)

If 12 team existed, I don’t think FSU stays at #5. The committee put them there because it didn’t affect anything.

If it was 12 team, FSU would drop behind at least Georgia and Ohio State.

If 12 team existed, I don’t think FSU stays at #5. The committee put them there because it didn’t affect anything.

If it was 12 team, FSU would drop behind at least Georgia and Ohio State.
Remember that the top 6 have to be conference champs once it expands next year.

Edit: Or something like that.

I think this is evidence that 8 is enough.
Disagree. Let’s stop with this bowl bullshit and committees and expand to 24 teams like the FCS. They already keep a CFP top 25. Drop a team and get it in already. I like the idea of auto bids, but 9 is too many for football.

Kanell is melting all over Twitter about how "well I guess playing the games don't matter." He was on that one loss FSU team that lost to 1 loss ND.

<{fry}>

Was Kanell on that team? CHarlie Ward was the QB IIRC.

ND knocks off Charlie Ward in the "game of the decade" then flubs it against Boston College the next week.

{<jordan}

Was Kanell on that team? CHarlie Ward was the QB IIRC.

ND knocks off Charlie Ward in the "game of the decade" then flubs it against Boston College the next week.

{<jordan}
Yeah Kanell was the backup.

Back