Law Substitute teacher KO's student for using racial slur

So who started it? Honestly that should be what determines the outcome.

If you hit someone for using a word you deserve to go to jail. But if you strike first you can't complain about getting lit up

The student that beat his teacher unconscious for taking his iPad away is suing the school board (he’s also facing chsrges) teacher should not have to put up with students putting their hands on them

If you hit someone for using a word you deserve to go to jail. But if you strike first you can't complain about getting lit up
I don’t think it’s that simple. Teachers are allowed to detain a student lashing out to protect themselves, I don’t think they’re allowed to throw hands. So was throwing hands in self defense?

I don’t think it’s that simple. Teachers are allowed to detain a student lashing out to protect themselves, I don’t think they’re allowed to throw hands. So was throwing hands in self defense?
I think if a student is just flailing wildly, sure-- you can't just hit them. But if a student walks up to you and sucker punches you, I feel like you as a teacher have the right to regard it as focused malicious intent and respond with aggression and force.

Be interesting to see how this started because again, I feel like that's very important for this.

There is such a thing as a disparity of force. If some frail 80 year old hobbles over and takes a feather duster swing at you that doesn't make it OK to take his head off with a check hook.

dis boy boy dont no shyt bout dem slaverisms

I remember I was at a jobsite where there were a few Samoans who were related. I ended up working with this huge dude and the whole time he was acting immature and saying stupid shit the whole time. The dude looked liked he was at least 21 years old but found out he's was 15 😲 🤣
You had to to mentally switched on to battle with the islanders when I was a teen. Where I grew up in South Auckland it's stacked with the big brown boys. Playing rugby, and fighting, you just had to accept that you were going to get hurt and resolve to smash them harder than you were going to get smashed. Fitness helped a bunch. Was an interesting way to grow up.

*edit* Malo to all the Soles lurking on the Dog!

Last edited:
Kid had no hands and was fighting with his backpack, lol. Teacher should of let it go once he dropped him but it is what it is!

There is such a thing as a disparity of force. If some frail 80 year old hobbles over and takes a feather duster swing at you that doesn't make it OK to take his head off with a check hook.
I'm not omitting a clause for disparity of force. We're not talking about an 80 year old. We're talking about a teenage male right?

I ask again, who threw the first punch?

I'm not omitting a clause for disparity of force. We're not talking about an 80 year old. We're talking about a teenage male right?

I ask again, who threw the first punch?
I don't know but it wasn't a fair fight. Both Mike Tyson and Paul Reubens were 13 or 14 years old once so saying it was a teenage male isn't making much of a point.

Back