Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

(…) for that extra money the Thai fighter don't care going up in weight if needed.

I wouldn't have much of a gripe if it was like that but actually the Thai fighter doesn't have an option. One offers 50x more his usual fight pay to face an oversized farang in a ruleset that heavily favors the farang and forces them to trade recklessly over and over until the smaller guy gets KOed.
If the Thai chooses to fight elsewhere he doesn't get the money and he might get hurt anyway. An experienced pro will never refuse the chance to get that much more money. One is paying them to get KOed.

I wouldn't have much of a gripe if it was like that but actually the Thai fighter doesn't have an option. One offers 50x more his usual fight pay to face an oversized farang in a ruleset that heavily favors the farang and forces them to trade recklessly over and over until the smaller guy gets KOed.
If the Thai chooses to fight elsewhere he doesn't get the money and he might get hurt anyway. An experienced pro will never refuse the chance to get that much more money. One is paying them to get KOed.
The risk of getting KO'd is still there in other MT promotions. If you really think about it, those One FC fight purses are life changing for the Thais. Sure fighting 3-round fights in 4oz gloves is a lot more reckless in a way and it favours using punches more, but the step up in pay is 100% worth it. Besides, it's not like the Thais are only facing oversized farangs and all getting KO'd. A lot of them are doing really good and they're also facing other Thais quite a lot.

Khunsueklek defending his 118lb Raja belt vs the 122lb Raja champ Petchsiam this weekend, should be a good one. Can't see Khunsueklek losing after his performance vs Kumandoi.

Khunsueklek KO Petchsiam in round 3 by headkick, ending 12 fight win streak. Future ATG

In other news, Lamnamoonlek fighting a guy I don't know in Cambodia. Twitter says he's top 2 in kun khmer.

They're also holding a WLF event in Cambodia with a lot of big names. Luo Chao, Lan Shanteng (kid who challenged for the K-1 tyitle), Zhang Lanpei vs Phal Sophorn.

At this rate we need a Recent Fights/Results/News from Cambodia thread??? Just kidding

What an epic end to Khunsuklek vs Petchsiam, the fight was really great till it lasted. I hope they give him Nadaka next

Opinions about Rangkhao Wor.Sangprapai moving up in weight?
I think he could be more successful at like 69/70 Kg.
Although he might lack the physicality for that weight class.

Would like to hear more informed opinions.

Lamnamoonlek lost to Lorn Panha by decision, social medias say it's a robbery...

As an update on the WLF event, China got owned by Cambodia. 7-3, what a fall off compared to event last year. Heard there were a few mroe robberies though...

Lamnamoonlek lost to Lorn Panha by decision, social medias say it's a robbery...

As an update on the WLF event, China got owned by Cambodia. 7-3, what a fall off compared to event last year. Heard there were a few mroe robberies though...

Social media thought Rodtang got robbed vs Superlek, so until i see the whole fight i won't believe it's a robbery, and i'm a huge Lamnamoonlek fan.

Back