News PFL 5 2024 ; LW and LHWs June 21 in Salt Lake City

Man, this season tournament shit has got to go. None of these match-ups are interesting except maybe Collard vs Mads, or Wilkinson vs Silveira. Everything else is like who gives a fuck.

Man, this season tournament shit has got to go. None of these match-ups are interesting except maybe Collard vs Mads, or Wilkinson vs Silveira. Everything else is like who gives a fuck.
a tournament just for the sake of it doesn’t make the event exciting, I could put on a random tournament with regional people and the stakes aren’t higher due to that

a tournament just for the sake of it doesn’t make the event exciting, I could put on a random tournament with regional people and the stakes aren’t higher due to that

You know, the more I think about it, it just pisses me off the way they fuck over and feed certain guys to their top fighters for easy points, like what they're doing with Polizzi and Breese. But they do this every year in every division of theirs. Like, you could never expect them to match Shoeface up with Wilkinson or Kasanganay during the regular season. It's so obvious what they're doing here, and I'm getting sick of it.

You know, the more I think about it, it just pisses me off the way they fuck over and feed certain guys to their top fighters for easy points, like what they're doing with Polizzi and Breese. But they do this every year in every division of theirs. Like, you could never expect them to match Shoeface up with Wilkinson or Kasanganay during the regular season. It's so obvious what they're doing here, and I'm getting sick of it.
The event before this is even more blatant with it, it makes the „regular season” bouts seem pointless since they mostly are.

The event before this is even more blatant with it, it makes the „regular season” bouts seem pointless since they mostly are.

Which one, PFL 3? That one wasn't too bad with the match-ups, had some upsets, but the week before that had a bunch of squash matches, and the first week had all those godawful rematches. Plus they have all summer to give the Bellator fighters some work, instead they're just going to leave a 2-month gap of no events for either promotion, except maybe the stuff they don't air in the US.

Which one, PFL 3? That one wasn't too bad with the match-ups, had some upsets, but the week before that had a bunch of squash matches, and the first week had all those godawful rematches. Plus they have all summer to give the Bellator fighters some work, instead they're just going to leave a 2-month gap of no events for either promotion, except maybe the stuff they don't air in the US.
Pfl 4, the one with women’s flyweight and hw

They need to really rethink doing a tournament every year for the all the weight classes and how much money that cost them that could be spent on better events throughout the year.

Maybe two weight classes a year with better names in the tournaments. Then more normal events during the year that you can actually sell the event.

Distinct lack of female talent on this card.

I really wish the MMA media outlets would put these guys on blast and ask them what the fuck they think they're doing with some of these matchups.

Kasanganay (current LHW champ, 6-0 in the division) vs. Nedoh (coming off a brutal KO loss)
Yagshimiradov (4 fight win streak including KO of Nedoh) vs. Biyong (2 fight losing streak)
Shoeface (former champ on a 7 fight unbeaten streak) vs. Polizzi (3 fight losing streak, TKO'd by Impa in his last fight)
Primus (3 fight unbeaten streak) vs. Renfro (coming off 2 losses)
Sy vs. Breese...why?

Last edited:
@TorontoTO do you watch the full cards by any chance? I usually sitdown to watch them, but check out by like 4 fights in. Rough to sit through an entire card.

Back