Rumored Canelo vs Berlanga in September

Mell gonna jump up to Super Middle?
Says he would for a Canelo lottery ticket.
And honestly I think he has probably evolved to be the better of the 2. Originally everybody would say that Jermall was the clearly better brother. Naturally bigger & stronger. However, Jermell has chased greatness & forged himself in fire. Stayed way more active. Sought out new trainers & coaches. Spars with the best and really has invested in himself.
Plus Jermall would be a legit underdog vs Canelo even if he had stayed active & not gone through a rough patch. Most people wouldn't consider it smart to comeback from such a lengthy layoff vs an ATG that's still dangerous while still going through some struggles. Nobody should really fault him for a tune up at this point if they want to see the best possible version of Jermall vs Benavidez or Canelo.
Nobody should have a problem with a guy like Jermell and his body of work getting a mega fight. Especially when he unified & settled a ton of unfinished buisness to do so. He would of even fought Tim Tszyu by now if he didn't just get injured.

I don't care for Mall at this point, but Mell would genuinely fight the anyone.
I want to see Mall comeback strong. As long as he is willing to fight the big names.
I believe he is talking Andrade again. Which I honestly could do without....But hey at least somebody will finally be put out of best & undefeated talk.....

I think Berlanga knows he's absolute shit at this point, and he's simply looking for a pay day. He doesn't deserve a pay day and i'd rather he get slapped around by some nobody, than waste Canelo's and our time. I don't think this rumour is accurate anyway but we'll see.
i remember seeing a clip of Shawn Porter's podcast where he was asked about Berlanga. this was maybe a year ago. Shawn said he'd better get off social media and stop talking to Fat Joe all the time or he's gonna slip up. told him to get back to business and focus on it. granted, he hasnt lost yet, but he's definitely plummeted his stock amongst most boxing fans. looks like Shawn was right.

Remember when Berlanga was 16-0 with all stoppages/KOs? Then he stepped up in class just a hair and now he's not finished a fight since. Last 4 fights have gone to decision. Just goes to show how a fighter's KO rate can suffer against better opposition even if the jump was small.

i remember seeing a clip of Shawn Porter's podcast where he was asked about Berlanga. this was maybe a year ago. Shawn said he'd better get off social media and stop talking to Fat Joe all the time or he's gonna slip up. told him to get back to business and focus on it. granted, he hasnt lost yet, but he's definitely plummeted his stock amongst most boxing fans. looks like Shawn was right.
I kind of believe it was just another hype train based on power and looking to cater to a specific cultural audience. Similar to Joey Spencer.
Remember when Berlanga was 16-0 with all stoppages/KOs? Then he stepped up in class just a hair and now he's not finished a fight since. Last 4 fights have gone to decision. Just goes to show how a fighter's KO rate can suffer against better opposition even if the jump was small.
Yeah. Like hype is a hell of a drug. I think we saw something similar with that Joey Spencer kid recently too. I always felt like he got that same kind of push and aura Berlanga had at the same time. Then when he fought another blue chip he got outclassed pretty bad. Still like the kid and he still has unlimited upside though. More so than Berlanga.

Matchroom only signed Berlanga as an undefeated, semi recognizable name for a prospect to beat. There's no way he'll ever beat anyone decent enough to earn a fight with Canelo.

Matchroom only signed Berlanga as an undefeated, semi recognizable name for a prospect to beat. There's no way he'll ever beat anyone decent enough to earn a fight with Canelo.

Eddie immediately said they want to get Berlanga the Canelo fight as soon as he signed. He's never getting anywhere near that fight unless Canelo wants the easiest fight of his career.

Yeah. Like hype is a hell of a drug. I think we saw something similar with that Joey Spencer kid recently too. I always felt like he got that same kind of push and aura Berlanga had at the same time. Then when he fought another blue chip he got outclassed pretty bad. Still like the kid and he still has unlimited upside though. More so than Berlanga.
Yep, Spencer as well was pushed pretty hard. Agreed. Ramos messed him up. As you said though Spencer is more likable than Berlanga.

What does that even mean?
Show vid?

Unless my memory is deceiving me, or I dreamt it, I'm sure Berlanga was in some video where he was working the bag but a woman was hanging down over the bag getting her buns playfully punched instead of the leather.

It looks like Jermel is actually trying to go after Canelo harder than Jermall past few weeks.

Not Joking... everytime some one talk abouytthe Charlos i need to check boxrec. I got confused... parents did it on purpose.

Not Joking... everytime some one talk abouytthe Charlos i need to check boxrec. I got confused... parents did it on purpose.
It’s easy to tell them apart. If the fight matters/happens it’s Mell.

in all seriousness I would like to see what Jermall can really do in there, see him tested. He’s been solid before, he can still make some noise, hope his heart is still in it.

Unless my memory is deceiving me, or I dreamt it, I'm sure Berlanga was in some video where he was working the bag but a woman was hanging down over the bag getting her buns playfully punched instead of the leather.
Memory is not gonna cut it here.
That needs to be stickied.

awful fight if it happens

maybe Nelo is doing the money may thing where they announce a shitty matchup and have something better up their sleeve

Back