What's the greatest horse race of all time?

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's funny the Kentucky Derby had one of the best if not the best photo finish ever and no one is talking about it on here.

Classic race for a 150th Kentucky Derby.

A photo finish is only fitting.

So what do you think is the greatest horse race ever? Although, this was only back in 2022. I think it's the best ever.

The winning horse Rich Strike started dead last and end up winning. He was also the longest shot as well.

This is like watching amateur horses race.

UFfwct.gif

The 78 Belmont is generally considered best race the culmination of the Affiirmed/Alydar rivalry.

73 Belmont is considered the greatest individual performance that is mathematically impossible to be replicated because Secretariat was horse jesus.

The 78 Belmont is generally considered best race the culmination of the Affiirmed/Alydar rivalry.

73 Belmont is considered the greatest individual performance that is mathematically impossible to be replicated because Secretariat was horse jesus.

73 Belmont was unreal. Greatest stamp on the TC ever.

It's crazy he is the only horse on the screen down the backstretch lol

What are the time differences tho? Both ideal tracks etc??
I think Secretariat a full 2 seconds faster than any horse at Belmont ever. Thing was a unit. I think he won by 34 lengths or something ludicrous. That was back in 70s. Imagine that horse on today’s feed, and training?

Agreed lol, the 2015 is better footage tho and I watched it live on TV so I like it better.

Secretariat is the Jon Jones of horse racing tho fo sho
73 Belmont was unreal. Greatest stamp on the TC ever.
It's crazy he is the only horse on the screen down the backstretch lol

What are the time differences tho? Both ideal tracks etc??
I think Secretariat a full 2 seconds faster than any horse at Belmont ever. Thing was a unit. I think he won by 34 lengths or something ludicrous. That was back in 70s. Imagine that horse on today’s feed, and training?

And yet, he doesn't even need the modern nutrition argument. It's been half a century since Secretariat's Triple Crown, and he still outright holds the record times at every fucking track. His last race up in Canada is eye-watering and automatic goosebumps once he hits that final stretch. The Absolute GOAT.

And yet, he doesn't even need the modern nutrition argument. It's been half a century since Secretariat's Triple Crown, and he still outright holds the record times at every fucking track. His last race up in Canada is eye-watering and automatic goosebumps once he hits that final stretch. The Absolute GOAT.

Another thing with Secretariat is his times came at 3. Normally at 3 a horses times are not as fast as they could be at 4 or 5 because they are not fully grown. 2YO and 3YO times are a bit slower. Suggesting if Secretariat ran another year he would have been faster. Not at 12 because that time required things outside of Secretariats control too namely Sham pushing Secretariat to a stupid pace but more generally speaking in other races.

Seabiscuit!!!

The one that stands out most to me was Birdstone winning in 2004 over Smarty Jones. Really thought Smarty was gonna win that one.

Back