Media What did you make of the backflip that landed a shin to Potieras chin?

I feel like the rules are somewhat arbitrary on this point. On the one hand, if you're throwing a right hook and the guy turns and your punch lands on the back of his head, that's part of the game and no one's going to argue it. But if they're on the ground against the cage and you try to knee them in the body and hit their head instead, there's at least going to be a pause in the action, and maybe it'll even be a DQ (or at least a NC).

In this particular instance, I'm fine with the move not being illegal, but I wouldn't have an issue with them stopping the fight and giving the guy on the bottom his five minutes. No one's trying to kick someone in the cup, but the ref will still pause the fight if it happens. Same situation here.
As you pointed out, punches to the back of the head get allowed.

If you are for this fight being paused to give the fighter time to recover, then by default you must agree that GSP should have been given 5 minutes to recover when Matt Serra punched him in the back of the head.

Many things
1. Fuck Ihor, he danced after TKOing Shogun.
2. Is this Capoeira?
3. What if he farted during the jump?
4. This could have ended in a 69.
5. Pereira looks 38 years old.
6. Man, I hope Munguia beats Canelo.

Don't ever hope bums beat Canelo my friend it's not going to happen

Was it technically an illegal impact onto the head of a downed opponent? Absolutely.

Did I care? Not in the slightest.

6e9d952d59de29cb3cd9e887f016e6790cd03289.gifv

Back