Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

That's one of my favorite episodes of any show I've ever seen
One of the GOATS

sisko-ds9.gif

TNG ended 30 years ago today with "All good things"

Also Discovery's series finale airs this Thursday.

Star Trek Discovery has ended, and you want to know what... The finale was fantastic. I'm still kinda shocked how good that finale was, due to the fact they did not know the show was going to end originally. Credit to Alex Kurtzman who went to Paramount, and got them to bring back the cast and film extra footage to craft an ending, and they did a great job, in the 90+ minute final episode.

Overall the 5th season was one of the better seasons. Burnham has actually become a likable and well-written character, which she wasn't for the first few seasons. I recommend giving the 5th Season a chance if you've enjoyed any of Discovery during its run. I know many people wrote off the show right away, due to huge missteps like trying to change the Klingons, placement in canon, terrible character development, and the many people who claimed the show was too woke. But the thing I give the producers of the show credit for is that they actually listened to the fans, and made many major positive changes to the Production over its run. Not many shows do that. There is a huge Enterprise spoiler in the episode, that I didn't expect, and made it impactful for both DSC and ENT. It also I think sets up the new Academy show, with a much better place and universe to explore( I still would rather it be in the 23rd century, but it will be in the 32nd. Gotta reuse those sets to save money)

9/10 for the Finale. The show overall I would give 6/10, with the later seasons driving up the score.

Back