Ryan Garcia being setup...(I believe him)

I say this on behalf of each and every person in this forum... we have no really good reason to doubt what Garcia is saying.

Any and everyone of us, in good faith, can say that at best it's just an aberration of the test and at worst he's being set up by nefarious elements within the wider world that hate the truth that he proclaims to the world.

What are his scientific credentials? Why don't you look them up if you want to know the specifics. ESPN rated him the top pioneering sports scientist in the world. He's been working closely with world class athletes for several decades.
He was pumping them full of juice... of course he had results and awards.

What I'm saying is that any supplement provider has very limited added value, unless he provides some extra.
I've read his website, his SNAC smells like absolute horsecrap (like most supplements companies tbh). What are his scientific credentials?

Yea, the SNAC website is definitely something else. I don't even know what to say about their current list of "SNAC Athletes" including Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, Bill Romanowski, Mario Jones, Tim Montgomery, etc.

As far as Conte's scientific credentials, he doesn't have any official academic credentials, but he certainly has significant credibility based on real world practice and experience with a very specific focus on optimizing athletes' use of PEDs while staying within the parameters of the drug testing procedures.

Can we suspect all his athletes of doping? Of course... the guy juiced the most famous track and field athletes at the time. Now he is back in the same business, he is tight with the VADA boss who knows all the tricks, and he snitches ln the competition.

Bottom line: not accusing the guy, he could be straight, but would not be the least suprized if he just does the same again.

Any reasonable person has to view this with a very healthy dose of skepticism. Regarding the relationship with VADA officials, Conte has talked in the past of the valuable info he learned about the system works and how positive tests can be swept under the rug by befriending an Olympic official. He also talked about how having connections within the Olympic drug testing agencies made him aware that they were started to catch on to the drug he was giving athletes so he stopped that one and switched them to a another undetectable drug he had on hand.

Of course we don't know for sure, that is the whole point, but it certainly seems a lot like business as usual.

He was pumping them full of juice... of course he had results and awards.
You mentioned ZMA previously. Why don't you actually research Conte's scientific breakthrough on that. Over 140 different companies license it and it's a perfectly legal supplement. Additionally you can research the SNAC hypoxic training system. Neither involve juicing btw.

You mentioned ZMA previously. Why don't you actually research Conte's scientific breakthrough on that. Over 140 different companies license it and it's a perfectly legal supplement.
Yeah bananas are perfectly legal as well and there is about the same amount of evidence for their efficiency. Where is the scientific breakthrough? It's literally just 3 randoms vitamins and minerals combined in a pill.
Unless he has solid scientific work to back it up (he does not), it's like every other supplement on the market: an overpriced pill with limited or inexistent benefits.

Aditionally you can research the SNAC hypoxic training system. Neither involve juicing btw.
Damn you are really naive. IF he was juicing his athletes, he would obviously have a legal cover training method to explain the good results and he obviously would not publicize the illegal part of his program.
This training method is IHHT (intermittent hypoxic hyperoxic training) and there is evidence it has some positive effects on cardio, but it's been used for a long time. It is not Conte's invention and his scientific contribution to the field is unknown.

Athletes are absolute suckers for BS training methods, therapies and supplements, even the best in the world. A successful stable of athletes is not a proof of anything.

Yeah bananas are perfectly legal as well and there is about the same amount of evidence for their efficiency. Where is the scientific breakthrough? It's literally just 3 randoms vitamins and minerals combined in a pill.
Unless he has solid scientific work to back it up (he does not), it's like every other supplement on the market: an overpriced pill with limited or inexistent benefits.

Damn you are really naive. IF he was juicing his athletes, he would obviously have a legal cover training method to explain the good results and he obviously would not publicize the illegal part of his program.
This training method is IHHT (intermittent hypoxic hyperoxic training) and there is evidence it has some positive effects on cardio, but it's been used for a long time. It is not Conte's invention and his scientific contribution to the field is unknown.

Athletes are absolute suckers for BS training methods, therapies and supplements, even the best in the world. A successful stable of athletes is not a proof of anything.
Did I say the SNAC training system was his own invention? No. The soviets had been using it for years. I'm not interested in your personal theory or conspiratorial BS. You either have evidence that Conte is still distributing banned substances or you don't.

Did I say the SNAC training system was his own invention? No. The soviets had been using it for years. I'm not interested in your personal theory or conspiratorial BS. You either have evidence that Conte is still distributing banned substances or you don't.
I am still looking for any added value he could bring in the performance of elite athletes that could not be brought by any competent trainer without a record of PED peddling.

It's like calling Bill Cosby to babysit your daughter because, hey, there is no evidence he is still doing that so it must be fine and he had a funny TV show.

I am still looking for any added value he could bring in the performance of elite athletes that could not be brought by any competent trainer without a record of PED peddling.

It's like calling Bill Cosby to babysit your daughter because, hey, there is no evidence he is still doing that so it must be fine and he had a funny TV show.
Kind of weird that the top doping control officers in the world not only respect his knowledge but they trust that he is in fact on the straight and narrow. Misplaced their trust perhaps? How naive of them.

The reality is that nowadays Conte would literally be the last person any athlete would ever turn to as a supplier. He'd be one of the first figures in the sports world that the feds would investigate (again). The first time around he had a much better chance of not getting caught and yet he still did. I'm sure he's gone the last 20 years covertly distributing PEDs despite being on the feds' radar ever since he was released from prison. How lucky can this bastard be?

Kind of weird that the top doping control officers in the world not only respect his knowledge
His knowledge of what? That's all the question.
He surely is a valuable source of information for doping control.
But training athletes? How does his experience translate other than helping them cheat?

but they trust that he is in fact on the straight and narrow. Misplaced their trust perhaps? How naive of them.
80 millions in the bank makes it much easier for people to say they trust you.
He also looks like he turned informant, so again , not that surprizing but totally unrelated to working on legal sport performance methods.

Did the fight still happen because they thought he'd lose?

After he won, it became an issue.

Please school me on this, boxing elitists.

Why was this not an issue until after he won?
Its already explained in the thread. I think you have "boxing elitist" confused with people who have a HS diploma or a GED equivalency.

Findings didn't come back until after the fight. In fact some additional findings just came back this week. This isn't a home pregnancy test where you pee on a stick & get instant result.

Its a whole process that involves a strict chain of custody and real lab work. Not Burger King.

You kind of are answering your own question here.

He's either that good with his guidance & programs that the top level athletes are willing to look past his checkered history. These athletes have the money & notoriety to choose & work with whomever they want to. Yet they still choose him. That means he's doing something right.

To think anyone can train world class athletes at the highest levels is kind naive in its self.

Only other possibilities besides him just being dam good in the field are
-Hes a master salesman con artist...(Does not come off like that to me)

-Or he has dirt on every single fighter he works with (thats a far fetched conspiracy that would at least need some real evidence to not seem unhinged)

You kind of are answering your own question here.

He's either that good with his guidance & programs that the top level athletes are willing to look past his checkered history. These athletes have the money & notoriety to choose & work with whomever they want to. Yet they still choose him. That means he's doing something right.

To think anyone can train world class athletes at the highest levels is kind naive in its self.

Only other possibilities besides him just being dam good in the field are
-Hes a master salesman con artist...(Does not come off like that to me)

-Or he has dirt on every single fighter he works with (thats a far fetched conspiracy that would at least need some real evidence to not seem unhinged)
Elite athletes are the biggest suckers and fall for every snake oil salesman. They are clueless about biology and desperate for all the gains they can get. All the pro athletes with dumb cupping marks or kinesio tape are the living proof of that.

Now, I do have 15 years of working in biomedical research and I can tell you: if that Conte guy was that good and at the pinnacle of sport science, there would be a track record and I do not see a single one.
He peddled steroids, was good at cheating drugs tests, now he sells likely useless supplements and a training program from the soviet era, absolutely nothing cutting edge or showing particular skills.

Way more likely that he is either a con artist, a VADA/USADA informant or peddling PEDs again. Possibly those three at the same times, that would be hilarious.

His knowledge of what? That's all the question.
He surely is a valuable source of information for doping control.
But training athletes? How does his experience translate other than helping them cheat?

80 millions in the bank makes it much easier for people to say they trust you.
He also looks like he turned informant, so again , not that surprizing but totally unrelated to working on legal sport performance methods.
You have it all figured out. You're right, he's back to his old ways again. Tip off the feds and have them make the bust. Be the hero.

Elite athletes are the biggest suckers and fall for every snake oil salesman. They are clueless about biology and desperate for all the gains they can get. All the pro athletes with dumb cupping marks or kinesio tape are the living proof of that.

Now, I do have 15 years of working in biomedical research and I can tell you: if that Conte guy was that good and at the pinnacle of sport science, there would be a track record and I do not see a single one.
He peddled steroids, was good at cheating drugs tests, now he sells likely useless supplements and a training program from the soviet era, absolutely nothing cutting edge or showing particular skills.

Way more likely that he is either a con artist, a VADA/USADA informant or peddling PEDs again. Possibly those three at the same times, that would be hilarious.
None of those things are more likely.
Not sure what "15 years of bio medical research" is..... that doesn't mean much of a credential unless you specifically mention how it's related to you working with professional athletes or PEDs.

They really aren't. Sure some of them fall for stuff like every consumer. However, a lot of the stuff that they do works when they literally are competing for limited spots for millions of dollars.

Who is going to perform better?

The same athlete who eats fried food, fast food pizza & Mountain Dew 3x a day?

Or that same athlete who eats clean and supplements with legal stuff?

None of those things are more likely.
Not sure what "15 years of bio medical research" is..... that doesn't mean much of a credential unless you specifically mention how it's related to you working with professional athletes or PEDs.

They really aren't. Sure some of them fall for stuff like every consumer. However, a lot of the stuff that they do works when they literally are competing for limited spots for millions of dollars.

Who is
Who is going to perform better?

The same athlete who eats fried food, fast food pizza & Mountain Dew 3x a day?

Or that same athlete who eats clean and supplements with legal stuff?
The one with the best genetics. Because it does not matter as much as you think.

Also, nutrition is important, a good nutritionist will help a lot (is Conte even qualified for that?)
But supplements, for most of them, are virtually useless.

The one with the best genetics. Because it does not matter as much as you think.

Also, nutrition is important, a good nutritionist will help a lot (is Conte even qualified for that?)
But supplements, for most of them, are virtually useless.
.....the example says the "same athlete."
So the genetics would be the exact same.

Back