Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Smells like a ppv card to me.
yeah friday fights 68 will be the second big friday card. Superlek vs Kongthoranee is a great fight but it doesn’t make sense when you have Superlek already booked for a title shot at 145.

So, Kongthoranee had to do about twice as much work as that complete idiot Thongpoon to get his contract, he was clearly a star of the Friday fights over its first year but they made him get like 7 wins before he got the contract, and.....

his first fight under contract is Superlek?! thats just brutal

meanwhile they feed absolute no-hopers, dudes with like 8 fights or something to that idiot swinger Thongpoon, who is literally half the fighter Kongthoranee is, at best.

I mean I love One, but I love-hate it, too.

they go from feeding Seksan fighters who he can always *just about* beat and after nearly 18 months of brutal action, where you can almost see his deterioration from fight to fight- his balance is terrible, his legs are gone- then boom! feed him to Liam Harrison. brutal. I really fear for Seksan now, he has the contract and if they decide (have decided) he isn't a winner any more he's going to be made to run a nasty gauntlet to earn his money. i see some difficult-to-watch moments ahead for Seksan

in other news type stuff, on the subject of Seksan, i'm glad to see the return of his former opponent Silviu Vitez tonight- i was there at One Friday Fights 9 to see what I thought was one of the very best fights we have seen in OFF, i love his style and he's got big balls.

also looking forward to Rak tonight, he's always good value, as are Sagaengarm, Sulaiman Looksuan

Puric is talking a good fight before meeting Rodtang.... dude, I remember Yodlekpet literally kicking the sh1t out of you........

So, Kongthoranee had to do about twice as much work as that complete idiot Thongpoon to get his contract, he was clearly a star of the Friday fights over its first year but they made him get like 7 wins before he got the contract, and.....

meanwhile they feed absolute no-hopers, dudes with like 8 fights or something to that idiot swinger Thongpoon, who is literally half the fighter Kongthoranee is, at best.

they go from feeding Seksan fighters who he can always *just about* beat and after nearly 18 months of brutal action, where you can almost see his deterioration from fight to fight- his balance is terrible, his legs are gone- then boom! feed him to Liam Harrison. brutal. I really fear for Seksan now, he has the contract and if they decide (have decided) he isn't a winner any more he's going to be made to run a nasty gauntlet to earn his money. i see some difficult-to-watch moments ahead for Seksan

in other news type stuff, on the subject of Seksan, i'm glad to see the return of his former opponent Silviu Vitez tonight- i was there at One Friday Fights 9 to see what I thought was one of the very best fights we have seen in OFF, i love his style and he's got big balls.

also looking forward to Rak tonight, he's always good value, as are Sagaengarm, Sulaiman Looksuan
Seksan might be old and battered, but that wont stop him from beating Harrison imo.

i haven't seen the whole card yet, but i was quite impressed with the Japanese guy who beat Vitez

Vitez kept making the mistake, or the guy kept drawing the mistake from Vitez, of over-extending on his left hand and the Japanese dude was on-point with the counter right hand. nice use of the heavy kicking game at points as well.

Obviously at peak Saeksan beats Harrison. It's a toss up right now because of their age. Harrison's body is very worn down. He's had constant injuries for the past 2 years. Of course Saeksan been washed for many years too, and Saeksan just lost to a regional kickboxer bum...in muay thai his own ruleset.

Got a feeling we might see Kazuki Osaki fighting in ONE in the coming months. He's been sparring with elbows and knees even though he hasn't fought in muay thai in about five years, and he's been using ONE gloves a lot too. Maybe it's nothing but we'll see.

also they put in the ranking fighter that are half as skilled than Kongthoranee like Puric(this dude is 3-2 facing not great competition)

Since Superlek is moving up in weight, Kongthoranee could have been a rightful contender for the 135 belt, but no they give him Superlek in a no sense(still great) fight.

Back