Multiplatform Official Dragon's Dogma 2 Discussion

Damn, you guys are all around the land and I'm still exploring the 1st area.

I'm kind of aimless in this endgame hellscape with a crimson sky overhead. It's cool for the most part but I miss the OG world. I think this game has even more in store based on dialogue I'm uncovering so I'm just enjoying the ride and mystery right now. Come what may, my Dragon's Dogma sword is the VIP beastcutter. My body is ready.

I killed the dragon in Dragonsbreath tower. Does this mean I'm ready to beat the game?
Everything you'd learnt in that fight prepares you for the finale, yeah, so translate whatever mental notes you have on what you could have done better or faster into your final save-the-world build. I strongly recommend packing quenching syrup as a baseline whatever your kit + Avidity aug. To help you gauge yourself, I'd add the higher level you are re: Stam value, the less painful that showdown will be. Just my experience.

Minor spoilers. Big picture stuff. Will keep vague.

Scratch what I said on there being more. Kicked to NG+ now. Fin.

Endgame is really limited. But you get absolutely avalanched by ferrystone drops for NG+. Got 30+ on me right now to zip about.

Still disappointed over there not being a point-of-no-return NPC line during story. I wanted to keep playing but you get hard tunnelled into quests that lead to the finale.

Let me know if you want to know the story moment that locks you in; will keep spoiler-free. I got ma fellow Arisens.

I enjoyed this game immensely, mostly.

There was no Gran Soren, a-ha moment that I still recall from DD1 all these years on. I kept holding out for the like but it never comes.

Entire map is only two proper towns with a few villages but admittedly, majestically yawning landscapes and vistas interlinking it all. Feels small after the fact funnily enough but big while playing for the first time, which is maybe all that matters, really.

Am about 2h into NG+ but am just having fun and not planning another playthrough. Famous last words, I know.

Minor spoilers. Big picture stuff. Will keep vague.

Scratch what I said on there being more. Kicked to NG+ now. Fin.

Endgame is really limited. But you get absolutely avalanched by ferrystone drops for NG+. Got 30+ on me right now to zip about.

Still disappointed over there not being a point-of-no-return NPC line during story. I wanted to keep playing but you get hard tunnelled into quests that lead to the finale.

Let me know if you want to know the story moment that locks you in; will keep spoiler-free. I got ma fellow Arisens.

I enjoyed this game immensely, mostly.

There was no Gran Soren, a-ha moment that I still recall from DD1 all these years on. I kept holding out for the like but it never comes.

Entire map is only two proper towns with a few villages but admittedly, majestically yawning landscapes and vistas interlinking it all. Feels small after the fact funnily enough but big while playing for the first time, which is maybe all that matters, really.

Am about 2h into NG+ but am just having fun and not planning another playthrough. Famous last words, I know.
If I do the Masquerade Ball before hitting the 2nd area do I screw myself out of anything?

If I do the Masquerade Ball before hitting the 2nd area do I screw myself out of anything?
No, but you'll want to make sure you've done everything in Vernworth, Helve, and Melve. Ulrika's questline can be missed if you don't go back to the smaller towns.

And that woman who runs the brothel has a questline if you give her enough gifts.
I completely missed that madam and the brothel after story introductions. I screwed up and might pay their corner more attention in NG+, depending how far I take it.

She was a smoke show, though. After once talking to the ground-floor door girl, the 20-30K gold ask was crazy to me so I never went back. Is it like Geralt whoring in Wild Hunt when you pay or different?

I completely missed that madam and the brothel after story introductions. I screwed up and might pay their corner more attention in NG+, depending how far I take it.

She was a smoke show, though. After once talking to the ground-floor door girl, the 20-30K gold ask was crazy to me so I never went back. Is it like Geralt whoring in Wild Hunt when you pay or different?
I haven't tried a hooker either, didn't want her to think of me as one of her normal clientele.

From my DD1 chronicles..

I was enroute to go to a quest location and on the way, my fighter, mage and me encountered a cyclops. I jumped on its back, climbed to its head and started slashing away with my daggers (I'm playing a Strider). My fighter and mage were all-in and we dispatched the foe, in due time.

Then, I heard a ferocious roar and across the trail, I saw a dragon land! I was feeling my oats, so we all healed up and charged forwards. I saw that the belly was brightly lit, so I figured that I'd climb on, cling to the underbelly and stab away.

I latched on, the dragon then went STRAIGHT UP and I lost my grip. I hit the ground from around 50 feet up, landed with a sickening "splortch" and died instantly.

Turns out that I'm nowhere near ready for dragons yet. o_O

<DCrying>

Back