Media Jon Jones CONFIRMS Retirement After Stipe Fight "Im Gonna Beat The Old Man And Ride Off Into Sunset"

Just gonna point out that Dana White criticized the fuck out of GSP for winning the middleweight belt and then not defending it. It's maximum level hypocrite to knowingly allow Jon Jones to do the same thing.

Jon will not fare well after his career is over. He'll only continue to add on to his criminal record imo. The dude is yet to hit rock bottom, it's coming though.
Agreed. He's been hella protected by the UFC throughout his career.

Once he's retired and he stops training, and has nothing but free time, he's going to be a time bomb. I'm looking forward to Jon's collapse.

Once he's retired and he stops training, and has nothing but free time, he's going to be a time bomb. I'm looking forward to Jon's collapse.
True, His insecure over inflated ego needs his career. Without it he'll eventually explode imo. Just look no further than his constant drunken tweets about being the goat. Jon Jones will have his own 30 for 30 one day and probably a Netflix doc too.

Last edited:
Looks like hes going to retire with a loss. lol

Hard to complain with a record like his, but it still feels like he wasted so much time.

If he fights again it’ll be against Periera who’s not a heavyweight and also has a grappling weakness jones can exploit

You mentioned that Alex Pereira isn't an assassin in the Heavyweight Division. In a way, you're correct. He isn't a Heavyweight.

Alex Pereira is currently the UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 1 title defence).

Alex Pereira is also the former UFC Middleweight World Champion. Obviously, that means that he used to be in the UFC Middleweight Division.

The UFC Middleweight Division is 171 lb - 185 lb. Does anyone on Sherdog think that Tom Aspinall could ever make it to the Middleweight Division?

Does anyone on Sherdog think that Stipe Miocic could ever make it to the Middleweight Division?

Does anyone on Sherdog think that Derrick Lewis could ever make it to the Middleweight Division?

Does anyone on Sherdog think that Cyril could ever make it to the Middleweight Division?

Jon Jones is I think very clearly the fighter who has benefited most from promoter favouritism in MMA history, people like Lesnar and Conor had shorter runs of it but he's been benefiting from it for a decade or more.

I can't believe we're still giving this guy credit. He's fought 3 times in a whopping 5 year span, his most recent being back in March 2023. Dude is a duck.

Hence why no one cares about that fight, Jonathan.

And yeah, I am not hard to find.

full

he has earned it at this point in his career. I would still love to see him fight Pereira. If Aspinall is super impressive in his fight with Blaydes I wouldnt mind seeing the aspinall fight too, but that is just me being greedy.

Not really surprising… jones is 36 years old now too, that’s around when most athletes are starting to think about wrapping up their careers. He’s going get a retirement check and head off to Cancun
Call the authorities at Cancun

Just gonna point out that Dana White criticized the fuck out of GSP for winning the middleweight belt and then not defending it. It's maximum level hypocrite to knowingly allow Jon Jones to do the same thing.

He did?? GSP gave up the belt a month after winning it. I don't see where the criticism comes in with GSP.

And I don't think they're letting Jones do the same, it's a different scenario. First, Jones won his belt in March and was signed to defend within a few months but got injured. And now he's doing the same fight for November. The point also has to be considered is the UFC wants Jon vs Stipe. It's not like Jon is sitting out and the UFC wants him to fight whomever.

He should try boxing at the end - easy pay day and doesn't hurt your MMA legacy whatsoever.

lol Tom would treat him like an abused wife… he knows the mma gawds have a beating in store for him for all the abuse on weaker people he has committed. Of course Jon will avoid this fight at all cost.

lol Tom would treat him like mrs jones… he knows the mma gawds have a beating in store for him for all the abuse on weaker people he has committed.

Back